on 5 September 2008
LSC&O Alagna, Hampson under Pappano shoud be good and it is! The recording eliminates that annoying hiss you often get from choirs, so much so that I wondered how they actually managed it (the choir that is as they all seem to have a tendency to lisp and hiss in the flesh) but that aside its a Glorious performance.
Lively joyous tempos singing and playing of the highest order....
The preludio is worth having and the Crisantemi has long been a favorite of mine and here is as good as anywhere.
No quibbles at all other than it could make our local choirs sound a little below par!
on 10 September 2010
A fine recording which will provide a target to aim at when my choral society perform it later this year.Romantic
on 5 November 2013
Just as I expected. It's a recording of Puccini's Messa di Gloria!
I bought it to enjoy and practise with.
Great.
on 30 June 2013
Very good recording. Not Puccini's best, then he was only about 20 and written for an examination. Very disappointed with the production. It was all about Pappano. There was no information on Puccini. There was no information about the history of Messa di Gloria. No information about the background to Crisantemi. It was all about Pappano.
on 6 December 2012
CHE BELLO SENTIRE OAPPERE DEL GRANDE MAESTRO CON SIANO SOLO OPERE LIRICHE, PAPPANO A MIO MODESTO PARERE è TRA I MIGLIORI DIRETTORI IN CIRCOLAZIONE, DI LUI CONSIGLIO VIVAMENTE ANCHE LO STABAT MATER DI ROSSINI E LE FONTANE DI RESPIGHI.
on 29 October 2014
Good to learn the music long with the score.
on 5 June 2016
👌
on 14 November 2011
I am learning this piece of music for a concert that the choir I am a member of will be singing. This CD shows the music in full while I have been hearing only a piano accompaniment. The singing and orchestration were very good and I enjoyed listening to it.

Share review

Your sharing settings
on 17 March 2013
This is a brilliant book of teachings and reflections - i recommend it for all those on a spiritual path