Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 14 March 2008
i'm on belly dance class for 1 year and am a beginner with tribal belly dance.
Sera explains in a very comprehensible way the movements step-by-step. - the combinations are nice to look upon, but not to hard to learn with a little bit of practice.
the basics are easy to understand and the 6 shown combinations result in a nice choreography.
There are enough lessons to spend some time with this DVD.

It's pretty easy to understand even for Non-native-speakers - she speaks without any slang in a calm way.

only 4 stars because the choreo is done with her ensemble (all in all 4 girls) and the camera angle changes quite often. So you get easily confused when trying to focus on the teacher.
This is only the case with the choreo - the step-by-step explanations of the combinations are just with Sera with a fixed camera angle.
on 7 November 2007
DVD gives detailed and very effective workout, also example of the choreography with detailed explanations for every movement. The level itself is advanced enough that someone who is versed in other dance style can enjoyed it.
Some of the exercises helped me to improve my flexibility and enrich the choreography of my dances.
on 18 March 2013
Never get tired and bored with it. One of my top 3. Great warm up and very good dance routine. Not for beginners, but all explanations are very clear and allow you with time to perfect every single move. Performance at the end is additional bonus. Joy to watch.
VINE VOICEon 2 August 2010
I have not danced for years and I am pleased to have chosen this DVD to begin again. The warm-up section is very helpful. Regarding the combinations and steps shown, it would be better if the dancers and the teacher wore leotards so that the movements of the feet and legs can be seen clearly. The flared pants they wear are very attractive but hide the knees, ankles, feet arches and toes. The combinations demonstrated are easy to follow and interesting but again, it would be more informative to see what the lower limbs are doing.

The choreography combines belly dance with Western movements, which I don't care for because I feel it dilutes Middle Eastern earthiness with a Pan's People look, but I suppose this is what Fusion is, an eclectic mix of styles.

Sera talks the student through each step, counting and repeating in a useful and unhurried way. Her control is very good. But I need to see what her legs are doing so that mine can try to do the correct thing.
on 3 March 2010
I agree with the previous reviews. This is my favourite warm-up DVD. Sera is a natural teacher and communicates her enthusiasm. The other dancers are all very individual and work well together. I love the choreography, and the music by Freek Factory is addictive, so much so , that I have tracked down and ordered it. If I could find any other DVD's by East Coast Tribal, I would buy them .
on 16 February 2015
bad quality hard to follow