5.0 out of 5 stars Baroque Excellence!, 31 Aug. 2009
A. Georgios (Hellas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Il Giardino Armonico Anthology [11cd Set] (Audio CD)
This box set holds a prominent position in my collection. A more liberated version of baroque masterpieces seen from a quite different, less strict perspective, without playing losing any vituosity, contrariwise. The use of older renaiscance musical instruments creates a perfect effect and atmosphere. I am excited of the improvisations proving the virtuosity of the musicians. The music of 17th century and theatrical music were revelation to me. I have listened to vivaldi's four seasons - and vivaldi in general - as never before. I totally recommend this set both to baroque enthusiasts and music lovers as a baroque introduction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Box of Delights, 17 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Il Giardino Armonico Anthology [11cd Set] (Audio CD)
What a treat for any lover of Baroque chamber music, to dip into this boxed set and pull out something to suit your fancy. For fans of Il Giardino Armonico's flamboyant flourishes and exuberant expressiveness, it's like having all your birthdays at once, being presented with this great Warner Classics 11 CD set. My own feeling is that this "free" approach to Baroque music is at its best when applied to the theatrical music of disc 8 or the seventeenth century Italian music on disc 1. The showmanship and playfulness is an absolute joy in many of those pieces. I'm less satisfied with the interpretations of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, (on discs 10 and 11), which require a different approach, I feel. I like my Bach to be a little more measured and subtle, I suppose. It has no need of the Il Giardino Armonico treatment. On the whole, though, I do love this set and wouldn't be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service!, 10 Dec. 2014
Ginastera (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Il Giardino Armonico Anthology [11cd Set] (Audio CD)
G Armonico has very unique, fresh, and most relevant interpretation of the 21st Century way of performing and recording Baroque Music.
Great Service!

Il Giardino Armonico Anthology [11cd Set]
Il Giardino Armonico Anthology [11cd Set] by Il Giardino Armonico (Audio CD - 2006)