5.0 out of 5 stars Proof of Dannii's amazing talent - a fantastic collection
Barcode: 0602498403631

Expanding on Dannii's previous hits compilation - 'Singles', The Hits & Beyond not only adds the songs from Dannii's most commerically successful period - the brilliant Neon Nights - but also treats us fans to a whole host of new tracks.

Published on 16 Mar 2008 by L. Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Very dated but still a bit of fun
i bought it second hand and cheap for a few songs on the album. Happy with that, goes right through her career unlike most 'greatest hits'.
Published 18 months ago by Rebecca J Parker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof of Dannii's amazing talent - a fantastic collection, 16 Mar 2008
L. Green "Feltano" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Barcode: 0602498403631

From Dannii's early days with songs like Jump To The Beat and This Is It to her most recent songs one thing has remained, she has always come up trumps with fantastic dance-pop masterpieces. To whoever says she has never had any hit singles, give them a copy of this album and tell em' to think again - this compilation represents the most complete retrospective of her work and while it isn't in chronological order and misses out some early highlights such as the fantastic Get Into You single, it serves as a perfect introduction to any new fans.

Over an incredible 15 years Dannii takes on all aspects of the Dance genre, from the acid-house tinged sounds of her early songs through the trance stylings of the Girl album to the ultra-modern take on the house scene showcased on Neon Nights, the Hits & Beyond sees Dannii branching into eurodance with new tracks like Perfection and You Won't Forget About Me providing some of her most memorable songs to date. Fan favourite So Under Pressure is another highlight, deliciously sensual vocals playing over Giorgio Moroder inspired synths.

Special mention has to go to Disremembrance though, this has always not only been my favourite Dannii track but one of my favourite tracks of all time. The lyrics are incredibly moving as Dannii sings 'You gave me the time, to change the memory, But if i forget myself, Will you remember me?' - her vocals on this track some of her best ever. Accompanied by a fantastic video, it is an incredibly memorable song and is a must listen.

So, if you're interest in Dannii has been prompted by her appearance as a judge on the X-Factor or you just fancy something new to listen to, buy The Hits & Beyond - you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant collection. Dannii at her best!, 8 July 2006
T. Burton "tburton21" (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hits And Beyond (Audio CD)
Greatest hits collections can be dull but Dannii's is excellent with not only a new single but 5 additional new tracks all worthing of being singles. Of the six new songs there are videos for only two, So under pressure and I can't sleep at night. I'd love videos for the others, especially the track Gone. The only flaw is that the collection omits several tracks from her Get Into You album that I would like to have had but still great.

The Minogue sisters are both super talents and it's nice to see Dannii achieving greater success after so many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will the real Miss Minogue please stand up!, 7 July 2006
Mr. D. Maccann "Daibh" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
You can't knock Kylie Minougue...she's perky, pretty and delivers catchy tunes every time...however, if Kylie is the icing on the Pop-Tart...Dannii is that sticky, delicious bit in the middle...the bit that makes u want that second bite...

Ok, so not everyone is going to agree with me...there are no doubt millions of Kylie fans out there who are purchasing pitch forks right this moment to hunt me down...but cease! Desist! Before you come to lynch me for my blaspheme...puchase yourself a copy of Dannii's new album 'The Hits & Beyond', and I challenge you to not love it from start to finish!

The songs you love (I Begin To Wonder, Put The Needle on It), the songs you forgot you loved (This Is It, All I Wanna Do), and the songs you'll be loving for years to come (Love Fight, So Under Pressure)...

This album has it all...from when she was just a little joey Jumpin to the beat, to the Aussie battler Perfection of her later triumphs.
Stand out tracks include; 'Disremeberance' - a real 90s trance stormer, and some might say Dannii's first real forray into mainstream dance. 'Put The Needle On It' - an electro-tastic slice of pure dance genius. Dirty beats and filthy synths make this one to remember. 'Who Do You Love Now?' - Dannii's big comeback anthem, courtesy of an irresistable backing track by Riva. 'I Begin To Wonder' - The one everyone knows...this almost made it Number One (robbed!), and you only have to hear the intro to understand why! 'Love Fight' - one of the as-yet unreleased 'Beyond' tracks from the album...this is pure class, imagine The Pet Shop Boys circa 1989 meets Girls Aloud...could this give Dannii that elusive Number One??

Do not presume that this Greatest Hits Collections spells the end of Mini-Minogue...the operative word here is 'Beyond'...Dannii's a trouper, and while she may never enjoy the commercial success of Ramsey Street's finest export, the cool kids know that Dannii is a force to be reckoned with...you won't forget about her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Dannii..., 11 July 2009
Kaue Garcia "kaue" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hits And Beyond (Audio CD)
Dannii Minogue is one of the best dance artists out there.
This collection is really good, one of the gems of the dance music.

But it is a pity her song Feel Like I Do was never released as a single, that b-side is one of the best dance songs I have ever heard in my life.

Dannii, you are the best. She is really the Dance Queen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Dannii, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Hits And Beyond (Audio CD)
This Dannii's collection is fantastic. The five new songs are great!

Translate to portuguese:
Esta coletânea da Dannii está fantástica. As 5 canções inéditas são ótimas!

5.0 out of 5 stars just classic pop and dance tracks, 11 Nov 2007
Bj Lucas "saculnamron" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Dannii minogue has proved herself one versatile girl over the years. Popstrell, Dance meister and now judge on x factor. This is what she does best. From her pop inspired early hits 'love and kisses' 'succes' 'jump to the beat'

to the dance inspired 'all I wanna do' 'put the needle on it' 'Disrememberance' 'who do you love now' 'I begin to wonder'

The perfect soundtrack to a party weekend or a night in. Pleasingly also includes bonus DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, 18 July 2007
Simply amazing! They have put all the best Dannii Minogue songs to the same CD! There's also new songs! I love this collection! Dannii is very beautiful and defintely as good as Kylie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it...for the DVD alone., 9 July 2006
I've got just about all her singles from 'All I wanna do'. I can't remember much of her earlier stuff, although her debut Love & Kisses is quite uptempo.

This track and other's from this era have fast paced videos which might make you feel dizzy and fall off your chair. Plenty of dancer's with flat top hair cutz and big shoulder padded suits doing back flips and head spins.

Stunning Danni is very photogenic, but like the 'This is it' video it is quite tougue-in-cheek. I'll let you decide on that one.

I think her turning point was the 'Girl' album era. She found the right dance bug and many of her singles had great mixes.

Hard to pick a favourite as they're all top tunes. I instantly liked 'I begin to wonder' when that came out. This song had a great mix with Dead or Alives 'You spin me around' as 'Don't wanna loose this feeling' with Madonna's 'Into to groove'. These two special mixes are not on the album.

Getting the bonus DVD version is essentially the one to go for, well in my case anyway. If I was to see her walking up my local high street, I would probably end up driving my car into a ditch.

'So under pressure' and video is one of her best tracks, also the five new ones included are nices tracks aswell.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 'Greatest Hits' ever?, 17 May 2006
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Normally I'm not too fond of Greatest Hits collections. I mean, it's nice to have a selection of singles by your favourite artist on one disc, but fans hardly ever get something new anymore. Any new tracks usually end up as singles, so there's no incentive to buy the album. But now Greatest Hits are set for a make over as Dannii Minogue enters the arena again to give her critics a wake-up call. With 5 new tracks and a 16 track DVD we are reminded that there is still a lot more to come.

We follow Ms Minogue through her attitude laced pop beginnings with 4 singles from her first album 'Love And Kisses', and the classic single This Is It from her second album 'Get Into You'.

We also hear Dannii as she crosses over into dance territory via the trance undertones from her 3 'Girl' singles. Dannii's most popular electronic pop/dance sound is cemented with the 4 'Neon Nights' singles, and 2 non-album releases You won't Forget About Me and Perfection.

And there's also a glimpse into the future style and sound of Dannii with new single So under Pressure. If you loved Dannii's 'Girl' + releases, and adore bands like Goldfrapp you will love this. Co-wrote by Dannii and Terry Ronald it injects life into the charts again.

2006 marks Dannii's 15th year as a recording artist, so it's time for old fans to take a fond look back on her best works, and I'm sure she'll have plenty of new fans after this.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOLD., 27 Feb 2013
C. MCCARTHY "bruises on my illusions" (Belfast. N,Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hits And Beyond (Audio CD)
This is a CD I had been meaning to buy, and meaning to buy, and somehow it always escaped me. I finally snapped and bought it on here. And I am very pleased with it. It features all of Dannii's hits and a few none hits which are actually pretty darn good. The new tracks are amazing and the classics like, All I wanna Do, Disremembrence, This Is It, I begin to Wonder, and Perfection are brilliant. From the early '90s cheese to the cool dancey '00s this is a great pop/dance album.

Dannii deserves more credit than she is given. Really.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Hits And Beyond
The Hits And Beyond by Dannii Minogue (Audio CD - 2006)