Format: DVD|Change

on 10 February 2008
My husband (Australian) bought this for our kids but we have happily watched again all these episodes with them. As each episode only lasts about 20 minutes, it is also great when the kids want to watch TV but you don't want them to get sucked into something too long. We have now had this box set for 2 years and our kids (aged 5 and 7) are still happy to watch re-runs.

The acting and plot lines are as hammy as you remember but they are all the more entertaining for it - "Which way did they go Skip?", the stuffed kangeroo paw prop and the classic 60s dancing styles and hairdos are all there too. One of the best bits of all however is the extra DVD where all the actors have been recently interviewed giving their memories of it all and some very funny stories of what really went on.

Great value for money - get this whole set not the other shorter DVD sets advertised here on Amazon. I have just ordered Series 2 and 3 from Umbrella Entertainment the Australian company who have put them on DVD for sale over there.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 December 2011
Some childhood TV memories unfortunately fail the test of time, thankfully 'Skippy' still manages to hold up very nicely. This 1960's Aussie children's TV series is set in Waratah national park, where Park Ranger Matt Hammond (Ed Devereaux) lives with his two sons, Mark (Ken James) and the younger Sonny (Garry Pankhurst). Helicopter pilot Jerry King (Tony Bonner) and Clancy (a young Liza Goddard) make up the rest of the regular cast.

Most of the mildly perilous adventures centre on the escapades of Sonny and Skippy - the charmingly 'dextrous' small kangaroo of the title. The stories are a simple but pleasantly entertaining collection, a flashback to more innocent times. The performances are good, with likeable characters. My favourite episode would have to be "Double Trouble", in which Matt Hammond finds himself in hot water, thanks to an evil double leaving a trail of confusion in his wake.

Filmed in colour, the picture and sound quality are OK. There are no subtitles. Each of the thirty-nine episodes run for around twenty or so minutes.
The extras include:
*Recollections of the series through interviews with Tony Bonner and Ken James.
*TV commercial.
*35 minute television special.
*"Adventures With Skippy The Bush Kangaroo" - an audio adventure.
*Comic Book/Stills Gallery.
*Tony Bonner sings the "Skippy The Bush Kangaroo" Theme.
on 1 June 2009
I bought this DVD for my granddaughter, aged 2,having sang the intro to her,which she loved (not my singing)!
She loves animals and watching some of the episodes (admittedly intermittently, her face is a picture when the intro starts,this alone was worth the money paid!
I can't believe it was that long ago!
on 14 April 2013
I bought this DVD series for my five year old grandaughter. She is very much into animals and singing. One day while I was entertaining her, and fast running out of ideas, I searched the internet for childrens songs. Coming across Skippy the bush kangaroo and remembering how catchy the song was I downloaded it to my phone. As soon as she heard it she came across to listen to the music. The song was played over and over and I had to explain to her who Skippy was.
I decided to search Amazon to see if Skippy was available on DVD. Yes Amazon had it, at a decent price, so I ordered Series 1.
Although the films are a bit dated she loved it and watches it regularly on her own and with friends.
It does not matter how old or dated the films are, if the basics are there and the music catchy children will love it.
on 5 April 2014
good morning!

i ordered this DVD for a dear english friend who told me it was one of his favorite childhood shows - he was very happy to receive this.

cr :)
on 22 October 2015
Great deal skip, tut, tut ,tut, what your pleased to skip, tut tut tut, you would recommend the company too skip, tut. Thats right folks, im mental , no seriously great deal.
on 21 February 2013
Nice series ,can teach children a lot about respect for others which is sadly lacking today.Would recommend this series for parents and children alike.
on 16 January 2015
It was really great to watch this dvd s and thay were in great condition both box and dvd s
on 21 October 2015
Hilarious. Bubble gum TV at its best!
on 13 July 2014