Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 August 2006
This is a class album, ive heard comparisons of Quantic being the British DJ Shadow, and as much as i rate DJ Shadow highly, Quantic is completely different. He samples some choice cuts as well as getting in some quality vocals, such as Ohmega Watts on the funky fresh "Blow your horns" and "a Ticket to Now where" and Noelle Seagg on the latin funk-fest "politick society". He closes the album off with a stormer of a tune "Tell it like you mean" which bops along, building to a crescendo and boom! Great album, managed to get a promo of ebay for under a fiver, best fiver i ever spent!!
on 2 September 2006
Got all Quantic and QSO stuff. I was all built up for something with serious grooves but all I hear is same old same old with a bit of passe world music chucked on top. There is some fantastic music out there these days and Will you are not keeping up.
on 24 June 2007
I'm not too sure about the style of this album being coherent as a whole. I prefered the mix of song styles in the other albums. I don't really like the constant latin/hip-hop etc/jazz style. All Will's other Quantic albums have had more electronic elements in them, along with the jazz etc mixed in, and this one seems to lack that for me, apart from in "Tell It Like You Mean It".

The sound seems quite messy in each song, therefore making it less relaxing. I guess I was just waiting for an answer that resembles that of the great "The 5th Exotic" album, and "Apricot Morning". But I should get used to it.
on 14 September 2006
Okay, I'll admit, there's really nothing new about the latest LP from Quantic but, to quote a great proverb, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Every track here is laced with that timeless, placeless sound that is so unique to Will Holland's music, and it all adds up to such a beautiful whole, that the parts don't need to be progressive or different from what he has done before. In fact, it'd surely be a disappointment if Quantic did change style.

Buying a new Quanitc album is like buying the same bottle of wine you've had a dozen times before. Quite simply, you know you can count on it.
on 28 July 2006
i think this album is more directed and polished than past Quantic albums, and shows him making a coherent album as a whole. previous albums are quality, but are a collection of tracks, not necessarily as directed as this. i would recommend this.
on 29 October 2014
Yepp another fine production by the master Quantic. Jazzy loose and at times laced with a by gone funk it is refreshing and well tailored to the underground music lovers like myself. Nice work
on 4 July 2006
I received the new Quantic cd today after anxiously ordering it from off another site (Dusty Grooves) as soon as it appeared last week. Well, first impression is that the new release seems like a step backwards from "Mishaps Happening" (my fav Quantic release to date). "An Announcement" harkens back to the more sample-delic days of the 5th Exotic. I think Mr. Holland has proven himself to be more proficient but hey, maybe he needed a break; or maybe the fan base wanted less adventure? Nonetheless, I feel let down! This is not to say the new joint is bad -- it's just not as exciting as the last Quantic release. "An Anouncement..." focuses some on the puerto-rican broken thing (Candela All-Stars) that has emerged as an influential stream in the broken Beat/nu jazz scene. These cuts are at least interesting. There's a few hip hop tracks featuring Ohmega Watts and then some loungey/chill cuts. These are alright. I still love the Quantic sound - jangley guitars, fat drum loops, interesting horns, etc and these elements are here on offer. The project just left me wanting more. I wanted an event, instead I got competence!