on 5 February 2010
The best type of romantic comedy there is available. I am worried that in time to come that we will loss this type of comedy to the modern films full of computer images and very little story lines. If you like good old fashioned movie's full of whit, glamour and great scenery, this is one for you. The introduction of Sophia Loren is a great move and brings that fantastic sexy style that is loved by most men and admired by most women throughout the world. Many classic scenes throughout the film and just wish they would have made Grumpier and Grumpier old men.
on 4 August 2010
Another two brilliant films from the Lemmon/Matthau canon; ably assisted by the brilliant and hilarious Burgess Meredith, and great supporting cast of Ann Margaret, Daryl Hannah, Kevin Pollak and Sophia Loren (in the sequel). These two comedy gems will appeal to those of you who, like me, loved both The Odd Couple and Odd Couple 2 films. Grumpy and Grumpier Old Men are excellent comedy entertainment that most would love to see around Christmas time - it has that sort of a feel, though I can enjoy then anytime of the year.

I can thoroughly recommend these two films along with The Fortune Cookie, The Odd Couple, The Odd Couple 2 and Buddy Buddy. Lemmon and Matthau, although not a team as such, are better than anything else out there. Buy it for yourself and your family and enjoy comic genius.
on 20 January 2011
Both my wife , myself and 19 year old son really thought, these extremely funny twosome Jack Lemmom and Walter Matthau were Wonderful. A Marvellous addition to comedy DVD collections. Rating - top notch laughter making, with other Greats in the Cast.
on 21 December 2012
So glad there's an All Region version at a good price through Amazon- buyers need to check carefully.
I'm no expert but the bluray versions of both films shows them better than ever before, and both look very natural indeed.
As to the films themselves, I don't hold with the sequel being inferior;or not much anyway. It is simply pure joy watching the wonderful team of Lemmon and Matthau, in many ways ageing versions of Felix Ungar and Oscar Madison from The Odd Couple,sparking off each other and the even more decrepit Burgess Meredith, stealing every scene he's in notwithstanding the fact he'd contracted Alzheimer's disease.
As much a meditation on the fears and anxieties of old age, and even death itself, as anything else, any one of us who who's had a dad like any of the grumpies (or combination of all three) will by turns laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time.
Romantic entanglements with glamorous Ann-Margret, with a stunning Sophia Loren appearing in the sequel, whilst perhaps unlikely, will appeal to some of us of a certain age, I'm sure. Kevin Pollak and Darryl Hannah play the next generation working out their relationship, with the oldies dispensing the wisdom of life experience as much as realising they're out of their depth in a different age.

I just love it. And as long as I have these to watch, I can recapture something of my own late dad's antics, and realise I'm not so very different.
Highly recommended.
on 27 February 2011
If you love Grumpy old men then you will love these. I prefer Grumpy Old Men to the follow up, ot is a tad contrived but great fun. Wonderful for a wet Sunday afternoon.
on 17 July 2012
Well what can one say about these two fine actors,If this film doesn,t make you smile your just as died as they are now sadly.This classic comeGrumpy Old Men & Grumpier Old Men [Blu-ray] [US Import]dy duo even made my son of 12 loved it .so put on a happy film and yes this one plays on my region b player so its region free.
on 21 December 2015
Didn't realise this is not for UK viewing. A farce to return the item! First you have to print out a return label which I cannot do as I bought this item from my mobile phone then company has the cheek to tell you to pay for the item to be returned and to America!! Not recommended!!
on 29 January 2012
too much to say about how good these films are. Blu-ray gives a new lease of life but with these you are not looking at the definition. classics. BUY. ( import from US but plays fine on my UK player which reads it as coded for all regions ).
66 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2015
Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Man are a fantastic comedy with the late legendary Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. These guys have a great chemistry on screen and would keep you laughing all throughout both movies. My favourite is Grumpy Old Men as I think it has more humour but both are great in their own way. I found this blu ray double feature and I am really glad that I did. The picture quality is great for the age of both movies actually. Really happy about that as well. For the UK guys this blu ray will play on your machines with no problems. Just get this double feature. Highly recommended for movie fans.its a must buy. Great seller and fast delivery from the US. Thank You.
review image review image review image review image
on 25 January 2016
Grumpy old men was a fantastic film I watched many years ago at the cinema, I loved this film so much I brought it on VHS when it was available & unfortunately like most VHS tapes they only have a certain lifespan, I was hoping this would be released in the UK on DVD or blu-ray & it hasn't been yet, when I saw this was available I thought I would take a chance & purchase it, the delivery time was fairly quick about a week or 10 days & the packaging was excellent, the picture quality both movies is very good indeed what I saw of them as I have not watched them all the way through, I have played 5 minutes of each film which are both on the 1 disc & they play fine on our R2 player.