4.0 out of 5 stars A must have product!
I'm now 28 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of weeks I've started to get a painful back. Sometimes it has been so bad my husband has had to help me out of the chair/bed. I've been wearing this support for a few days now and all pain has disappeared completly (when wearing it). It supports the weight of your bump at the front and distributes it evenly across your...
Published on 18 July 2009 by Devon Daffy

3.0 out of 5 stars good product though needs a little adjustment
I bought this as I was getting back pain and a bit of stitch-like lower bump pain at about 23 weeks, particularly when walking the dog for any length of time. The belt looks complicated at first but isn't really. The strap which goes under the bump is very comfortable, and easy to adjust, and I have worn it alone for a bit of bump support.

The biggest problem...
Published on 17 Aug 2009 by poppy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver!, 21 Jun 2010
S. Pateman (Paderborn, Deutschland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nexcare Elastic Pregnancy Belly/Bump Support - Size 8-18 (Personal Care)
I'm pregnant with twins and the bump support really helped me a lot over the last few weeks. It is surprisingly comfortable and it certainly takes a lot of weight off the belly. I haven't suffered from backaches so far, but the skin and muscles on my (very big) belly sometimes feel extremely tight and sore due to the weight and the bump support is a relief. I also wear it during the night as it seems to make turning around in bed easier and less painful. I'd absolutely recommend it to everyone who has a little bit more than just a neat baby bump to carry!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good value, 11 Jun 2010
I wasnt sure if this support would work, but as I had lower back pains and read the other reviews I thought it was worth a go.

I have been really impressed with the support band. I am in my 7th month, average build and expecting twins. I wear it everyday from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed. I think you need to wear it everyday to get the maximum benifit. I can definately feel the difference when I take it off and perhaps not wearing for an hour or two.

I have given it a 4. This is because the understrap that you use to velco the main strap onto has stretched so much that the velco from the main strap digs into me a bit. Not in an uncomfy way, but just anoying that the understrap isnt a bit more ridgid.

If the manufactures read this pls can you put more support in the understrap so it doesnt stretch. I feel like I cant utilse the full benifit of the support.

I am actually on amazon to buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexcare Elastic Pregancy Belly/Bump Support, 8 Jun 2010
My heavily pregnant daughter was suffering with such bad backache that she had to start maternity leave early. Not only has the support taken away the back pains but has given her bump a better shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars good support, 6 Jun 2010
J. Y. Chen "jVc" (uk) - See all my reviews
got this for my wife,she is expecting twins, she loves it, good back and lower abdomen support,sturdy quality, can be a little hot to wear for long periods on a hot day. Good price too,we have seen it over the twice the price in our local shops/pharmacy, wish we got it earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexcare Elastic Pregancy Support, 1 May 2010
I am currently 31 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and have had a weakness in my spine for about the past 3 years whick has significantly worsened in the past few weeks. The pain I get is mid back, about bra strap level. I was referred to my local physio dept for a support many weeks ago and as given the Emma Jane belt, which helped a bit but I felt it was more suited to a lower back problem and wasn't very supportive to the thoracic spine area. I ordered the Nexcare Elastic Support and it arrived the next day. It is really comfy and I feel much more confident moving around with it on. It really is helping my pain and I would definately recommend it if you are suffering from back pain in pregnancy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nexcare support, 11 April 2010
Gricey (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
Fantastic support although found the strap for above my bump a little uncomfortable. Check you if you can get one from your local Physio department first. I learnt that the expensive way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it at all .. terrible if you are short!, 9 July 2010
I found this belt really uncomfortable. The velcro is exposed so it rubs on your skin (you have to wear a vest or leggings underneath to protect your skin) and I found that the length of the stiff supports in the back were too long so they dug into my back. This is why I think it a particularly bad support if you are quite short.. because my torso isnt that long, I just found that the back part was just too long. (I am not even that short 5' 4''). I showed it to the physio at my local hospital and she said it was really marking my back.. I now have one that it like a sling under the bump and around the back and just generally smaller.. is much easier to wear. I think that the support provided by the Nexcare belt was good, I did feel supported - acutally better than the one i am wearing now - but it was just useless in terms of comfort. I was just dying to take it off. So, all in all, what is the point of good support if you can't actually bear to wear it? Also, even taking the back issue out (which other people might not find a problem if taller), the way it is designed with the velcro exposed, is just not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped with my SPD, 8 Nov 2012
R. Smith (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I am SO pleased I bought this support belt as I would say it's relieved about 70-80% of the pain I was experiencing due to SPD. It just seems to lift everything up and re-distributes the weight of the bump more evenly. As some other reviewers have mentioned, the velcro can chafe your skin if it's not in the right position but I've totally got round this by wearing a soft, elasticated bump band underneath it, so the velcro cannot touch my skin. It does have to be reasonably tight and by the end of the day when just watching tv or whatever, I either loosen it or take it off completely. But even that discomfort is a million times more preferable to the pain of SPD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 15 Jan 2012
I don't know what I would do without. Thanks to this belt I had a great support for my belly during my pregnancy, I never had any problem with my back and I never had any stretch mark (takes the weight away). I had 2 belts like that, one for each pregnancy. I tried few belts from other companies, but this one was the best. The only downside - it makes you a little bit fatter, but it's not the point, is it? All I wanted was comfort and I had it. I think people complaining about this belt didn't fit it correctly. I recommended it to few pregnant friends (only Nexcare) and everybody was really happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I Wouldn't bother, 24 Sep 2010
S Hodge (UK) - See all my reviews
I was desparate for a good support for my bump as I was really strggling. Although I read the reviews i ordered the item nethertheless.

V disapointed to say the least. Wasn't easy to put on or even work out for that matter and whn i did manage to get it on it imediatly folded in half around my middle so who knows what it would have been like after just an hour of wearing. I returned the item and just bought a tight fitting bump band which to be honest doesn't give the best support but is comfy to wear and to me that's more important.

I would seriously look elsewhere before looking at buying this item as even desparate I don't think it's any good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›