4.0 out of 5 stars A must have product!
I'm now 28 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of weeks I've started to get a painful back. Sometimes it has been so bad my husband has had to help me out of the chair/bed. I've been wearing this support for a few days now and all pain has disappeared completly (when wearing it). It supports the weight of your bump at the front and distributes it evenly across your...
Published on 18 July 2009 by Devon Daffy

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor support
I ordered this belt as being 7mnth pregnant i was beginning to feel the strain on my lower back. Whilst this did 'strap on' to seem supportive, it provided no relief from niggling back strain for me and didn't feel supportive while i was moving around either, quite dissapointing.Returning the item too was hasle as nexcare didn't respond to my returns request emails...
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by KatieD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product to take the pressure off, 22 Mar 2010
Anna Milan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nexcare Elastic Pregnancy Belly/Bump Support - Size 8-18 (Personal Care)
This product is ideal to relieve the pressure your bump places on ligaments and back. The issue with velcro irritating skin that some users relate seems to have been fixed now as one section completely covers the other and no velcro touches your skin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 26 July 2010
It's okay. I can't say the product is great and I can't say it's awful. I was pleased with the price as it was almost £10 cheaper than mothercare for the exact same product and delivery was pretty good. Though when I opened the initial amazon packaging I was a little worried at the fllimsy product packaging as it was a little knocked around and the product looked like it had come out of a £1 shop.
I felt better knowing I had the belt on, but I didnt ever actually get any relief from it, so was very disapointed. I suffer from SPD and a lot of stomach and back ache, and even wearing the bump support with my SPD belt correctly fitted around my hips didnt help.
I dont think the support is any good for anyone who is carrying a little baby weight on their belly. I put on a bit of weight with my pregnancy and when you put the support on all the excess weight and skin is pushed up over the top of the elastic and is just left to sit there, it looks really unsighly and embarassing under your clothes! The under bump strap isn't wide enough and doesnt provide a feeling of comfort and support. It's only about 3 inches in width and if you've got a good sized bump this really isnt much especialy as the material is flimsy and would often fold in on itself. I found myself having to use the elasticated over bump strap on the lower half of my belly to have a more supportive feel. The back support does however feel more secure and supportive, but has fine strands of exposed elastic covering it, and these are very easily torn when putting on or removing the support, as the velcro catches it. It's rather fiddly to put on and can often take a few minutes, no good if your in a rush! Another down side is when you go to the toilet, and momentarily pull it up over your bump, it never sits right when you move it back down and have to start again. This is often the case when your sitting down, and sometimes just walking!
The rough side on the velcro often over hangs on the sides and it becomes quite sore when it rubs against your skin.
It was so much hassle to put it on and keep adjusting the support I couldn't be bothered to wear it in the end.

I have since gotten one from my physio department and was skeptical about it as it looked slightly similar to this one. However this one has proved to work wonders and I am getting so much more support and relief, it really does everything that this one should, it leaves you feeling supported and comfortable regardless of what your doing. It moves back into place perfectly after a trip to the toilet. It's simple to put on and remove, takes seconds. Would highly recommend a trip to your local physio department for a free support. Mine's invaluable =)

Hope this has helped. x

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely must have!, 14 May 2014
quick delivery. it is an amazing product. Love it! it does the job well, adjustable to grow together with ur bump. I recommend it to every pregnant lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped, 20 Mar 2014
I used this in the latter months of pregnancy. I suffered SPD/PGP and it was recommended I try this. Took a little while to get the hang of putting on correctly as comes in 3 parts but once on I found it pretty comfy to wear under clothes. It took the weight off my bump nicely which helped ease my pelvic pain. It didnt eradicate it but it's worth a try and certainly made a difference for me. A little uncomfortable if sat after a while but then again if your sat you don't really need it to take the weight off anyway.... But ideal for when on feet a while walking/ at work etc. I hadn't used any others to compare it to but for the price I paid which I believe is the higher end of the market as I saw some much cheaper available, but it believe you get what you pay for and was very happy with it. Washed well too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 11 Mar 2014
I am really impressed with this belt and the support it offers. Sometimes, the velcro rubs against your skin, which can be a little annoying, but this is easily rectified and a small price to pay for the comfort offered. It alleviated back pain immediately. Really, really happy. One missing star, as this is expensive, but well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pregnancy support belt, 10 Jan 2014
I found this really useful around 16-20 weeks when my belly was getting used to being stretched and my ligaments began to loosen, but I think it was a bit more of a security blanket. However, around 32 weeks I started using it again as I was trying to continue working and needed the back support it offered. My only complaint is the velcro loops scratch you if you don't put it on exactly in the right position or over clothes (which is what I ended up doing). I never used the elastic over the top of the bump.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor fitting., 1 Jan 2014
C J. Ferguson "queen b" (Belfast Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
The bump support bar was far too big for me even nearing the end of my pregnancy. Belt made me too warm and sometimes more uncomfortable than the bump itself. Helped me though when i was on my feet doing 10 hour shifts on a hospital ward and slowed down the back ache that is all part of the joys of pregnancy. First few attempts my other half had to put it on as it was slightly awkward until I figured it out. Worth it if your on your feet a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, 25 July 2013
It provides good support and enabled my wife to push another couple of weeks nursing before going onto maternity leave, her only complaint was that it is a rather hot piece of kit to ware and left her sweaty on hot days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good support, 24 Jun 2013
This is a good product which offers support in early pregnancy. I started to wear this when pregnant with twins and suffering from Pelvic Girdle Pain but as I got bigger it got more uncomfortable digging in and folding over on itself. But it did help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Support, 25 May 2013
Mrs. B. Harland (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Purchased for my Daughter who is suffering with pelvic girth pain during her second pregnancy. She is on her feet for long periods and claims this is helping however not as comfy sitting down. This is definitely helping her with her pain.