4.0 out of 5 stars Internet modem cable
All I really needed was a sufficiently long and well-finished cable/connector from my modem to the BT socket. There doesn't seem to be a need for the actual cable to be vastly superior to the (very much longer) line between my home and the exchange.
Published on 1 Feb. 2011 by georgestorm

3.0 out of 5 stars No measured difference vs cheapo cable.
Reading some of the other reviews I had hoped that by replacing my very cheap unshielded horribly coiled up 50m phone cable with this would make some measured difference.
Armed with a couple of internet testing sites (one for ping and download/upload times; one for packet loss, ping time and ping variation) I measured several runs with old and new cables...
Published on 15 Jan. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars No measured difference vs cheapo cable., 15 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Belkin Hi-Speed Internet Modem Cable RJ11M-M 7.6M (Electronics)

Result - no statistically significant difference measured for me.

Perhaps my provider is not up to it and could not drive the signal fast enough and so its not this cables fault - in which case the manufacturer should show some purchase criteria.

It does look sturdy though ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Internet modem cable, 1 Feb. 2011
Of course this does the job, but is much more bulky than needed - and rather too shiny - so it is conspicuous in the places where it is not buried.
On the other hand, it was the only "quality" modem cable of the required length that I could find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster than standard manufacturer's cable, 24 Oct. 2009
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I purchased this as an alternative to thestandard, thin cable provided by the router manufacturer. Previously I was getting slower download speeds with lots of disconnections. This completely solved the problem and has proved a good buy.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well !, 2 Aug. 2009
As I needed this fairly long lead, I wanted to get one of superior quality that would be screened and would perform well. I connected the lead to a Speedtouch modem/router, as supplied by O2, and it is working very well, the price was good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Jan. 2009
Dr. David Webb, PhD (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is another great cable from Belkin. Everything Belkin does it great. Solid, strong, reliable, lifetime warranty. I got it for £1.99 and it is 7.6 metres long!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good download speed increase, 29 Jan. 2010
Al. (England.) - See all my reviews
Best speed with short cable supplied by Sky was 3.02Mbs. Best speed with cheapo extension cable (10m)was 2.53Mbs. Best speed with this cable (7.6m) is 3.22Mbs.
I just hope I can feed this slightly thicker cable around the carpet edge to hide it!
Excellent and well made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, 7 April 2013
This did improve my wireless connections when I fitted it in from the front window to the Router as its quite a distance. really has improved the connection. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Hi-Speed Modem Cable RJ11M-M 7.6M, 1 Jan. 2011
This has been a good purchase. It is a quality cable, much thicker than the one my ISP provided. Delivery was quick, and I have been completely satified.

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 21 Mar. 2009
J. R. Carnill - See all my reviews
The same item is being sold by Currys for £35.99 . When the conectors on my old Belkin cable were worn out Currys would not replace it although it had a 5 year guarantee and was only 12 months old. I bought the new one from Amazon and since then Belkin have sent me a replacement so I now have a spare.
Needless to say I will not be buying anything from Currys in the future.