5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!
Published on 8 Jun 2007 by imusthaveanickname

3.0 out of 5 stars fun, challenging and fragile!
I bought a twin pack of these helicopters for my son last Christmas. At first they were great fun, and actually rather challenging even for adults to control. However, if crashed at the "wrong" angle (and believe me - you WILL crash them) the small downward pointing section at the end of the tail breaks.
Both of my son's helicopters have broken tails and will no...
Published on 14 Nov 2008 by Paula

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 8 Jun 2007
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
It's a great toy and alot of fun for the price. The controls allow you to alter the speed of the main rotor to alter the lift, also the speed of the tail rotor to turn the helicopter. With judicious application of the stick on weights you can balance the model so that it drifts forward when in stable flight. It takes a bit of practice to get this thing to go in roughly the direction you want it too but that is half the fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 22 Jun 2007
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
This remote controlled helicopter is fantastic fun. I got one for my birthday and have been playing with it since. My dad has a go everytime he pops over, so I guess I would say 'fun for all ages'. Takes a while to get used to the controls, but once you do it is really good. Good value for money and despite having crashed it numerous times it is still going and working well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive toy!!, 1 July 2007
Mike S (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
My nephew bought me this as a Christmas gift & I haven't stopped playing with it since! I found that it required a little more nose weight to give it forward momentum (Blue Tack sorted that out)but once I had added the extra nose weight it flew beautifully. As a former pilot I can tell you it's flight characteristics are quite realistic & once you get the hang of the slight delay from the infra red transmitter the helicopter is very controllable. It is an indoor toy only as the infra red transmitter requires walls to bounce the 'beam' to the helicopter & as it's made from styrofoam any light breeze would blow it away. Initially I broke a couple of tail rotors on our laminate floor but these are available in packs of 3 from Firebox.com quite cheaply - since then I've taken to flying it in carpeted areas of the house! Buy one, you certainly won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun but more fragile than you might think., 2 Sep 2007
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
This is more of a toy for 14+ than little kids - it's difficult to learn to fly, but you do learn a bit about the physics of helicopters in doing so, so I suppose it's not so bad to have a learning curve.

It's definitely very fun. Whizzing it round the house, teasing the cat and seeing where I could land it (On top of the TV - 3 points, On the lampshade - 10 points, Out of the window and on top of the gazebo - 25 points etc...)!

A couple of things I would like to alert possible buyers are:

1) The tail rotors - You only get 2 (one on the chopper and a second spare). The fitting for the tail rotors can get worn out, causing the helicopter to spin uncontrolably. If this occurs, you will need to move on to the spare. The tail rotors are also very fragile, and will crack if you whack the helicopter into a wall, hit a venetian blind or tangle it up amongst wires.

2) Don't do what my mate did and try to make it take off from your head. You WILL get your hair tangled and cry like a baby.

3) The helicopter moves with a surprising amount of force. Avoid hitting anything delicate. Also watch out for bits of paper that might be lying about, as they can get blown away.

I paid £30 for my Picoo, and I still think it was worth that much. Buy it and enjoy it - just be careful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 13 Oct 2007
Dr. Paul Westcar (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
Have just bought this toy for my 9 year old son but everyone in the family loves it! We've only used it indoors so far & I suspect it would not be very durable & easily lost outdoors unless in a large grassy area without trees/concrete. The battery lasts abot 10-15mins, which is hardly surprising in view of the high power consumption. With some skill, one can make it move forwards very slowly. I would say it is very good value for money but it does need looking after carefully to avoid damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 Oct 2007
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
This is my third rc heli and this is the best yet, and its under 20 quid! Once you sort the trim out its just like driving an rc car. 2 tips though, 1: dont be too heavy on the throttle. 2: to keep it flying true remember to adjust the trim after a crash! Overall very cool, a big kids toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Sep 2007
ritbitboy (Sutton, Surrey.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
I have, for as long as I can remember, always wanted a remote controlled helicopter. The trouble is that I am well aware that they are very hard to learn to fly and that breakages will happen frequently.
This is therefore my dream toy !!
Yes I have crashed it a fair few times, but it is remarkably robust and shows no sign of any wear and tear. And it is easy to pick up and fly. I look forward to mastering it.
At my work, 3 of us ordered one on the same day. We are all bolown away by this little marvel.
Buy one, play the airwolf theme tune and smile with satisfaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down, 6 July 2008
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
Friday morning, both helicopters arrived, very well packed. Instructions very clear and well, everything looked really easy. Batteries in, and great both helicopter's already had a little charge in them, so lets get it flying.
Whatever we did the copter would not lift off, just imedediatly leaning over to the left and the rotors hitting the floor. Very frustrated and dissapointed.
Tried the 2nd copter, exactly the same problem, would not lift, just tilting over to the left and rotors hitting the floor.
Just about ready to pack them back up and return (as well as giving major neg feedback!!!!) when we noticed that both copter's main rotor shaft were mounted so they leaned over to the left. After a little twisting and light forcing, we decided to try again.
Fantastic, both copters lifted straight up, with minimal spinning. A little bit of trim soon sorted this. The whole weekend has been spent between 20 mins charges and then 10 mins flights. No major probs with damage, so far, although any heavy landing or bumps do mean re-trimming is required, but this is dead easy and part of the fun. Some damage to the polystyrene has not had any significant impact of flight ability yet. No damage to rear rotor yet - don't know what others have done to break this so easily (see others feedback!!!).
My 7 year old daughter, 10 year old son, me a ham fisted 42 year old and even my 36 year old wife, have all mastered the controls and can't put them down. Biggest problem is now trying to share 2 copters with 4 would be pilots. Need to order 2 more me thinks!!!
Great toy, but initial perseverence needed, but well worth while - one of the best toy's ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars You may want to buy two of these, 1 Oct 2007
Thrud Fan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
This is great a helicopter for under £20. It's very easy to fly and so long as you are not too rough it's difficult to damage. You charge it from the controller into which you need to put 6 AA batteries. The helicopter has a non-removable battery that gives between 5 and 10 minutes flying time.
The down side is that it takes about 20 or so minutes to charge and according to the manufactures instructions when the 10 minutes flying time is up you have to wait another 10 minutes or so for the battery to cool down before you can charge it up again, this means the fun comes in short bursts (unless you buy more than one unit).
The connection plug from the controller to the chopper is very small and you have to take care to insert it the correct way round. The on/off switch on the chopper it also small and needs a good set of finger nails to operate easily.
A few tips on flying find a place with plenty of room and no strong drafts. If you are heading for a wall or a major crash take your hands off the controls as I found it far better for the thing to fall from a height onto a carpet than plough full speed into a wall. Be very careful if other people are about as if you hit them with this it will hurt if you are in a smaller space always fly below head height. The pictures on Amazon are a bit misleading as the first few are computer generated so it looks as though the helicopter is all sharp smooth lines look at the pictures with it in the hand for a better idea of the finish. This is an excellent buy and will probably improve your hand to eye coordination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., 6 Nov 2007
A. D. Linton "TL" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
A colleague has just taken delivery of one of these, bought for his son for Xmas. Within 5 seconds of seeing the test flight, I had already decided I was having one for myself (38 years old). And by the time the first battery charge had dwindled, I had ordered it! It's possibly the best thing I have ever seen. Buy one now.

Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter