4.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty 3 Review
Hey Peeps

Firstly I would like to say WOW. I'm an ebay seller for games and console's and I've been selling the ps3's since launch, I finally bought one for myself just last week together with Call of Duty 3 and Fight Night Round 3 and both games are amazing.

Published on 26 Jun 2007 by Vishal Parekh

3.0 out of 5 stars run of the Mill!
Generally speaking is a paint and ball shoot out. When you shoot the enemy dead, although challenging on some levels there is limited excitement as its like firing a shot of red paint at them. Minimal interaction with the environment. Storyline is average. Forced to watch boring in between cinema sequences. Other than than that for the price and for the challenge to test...
Published 17 months ago by MR MARK SIMMONS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty 3 Review, 26 Jun 2007
Vishal Parekh "Vish" (UK) - See all my reviews
Hey Peeps

Now owning a PS3 Console for myself I finally got to appreciate the TRUE ONLINE experience of COD3. It was so easy to set up and get going. You get the option to either instantly join a current battle going on, find a match to your specific liking or create a match to yourself and you be the host. I firstly selected instant action which put me into the heart of a battle already taking place.

I selected my team and got my gun ready, finally I had spawned into the game and then I was in the heart of the action. Ahead of me I could see a tank heading directly towards me, to the left was a speedy motorcycle fleeing the scene, scoping some cover, to the right... haha I didn't look, by this time I took the hint of the motorcyclist and ran for cover myself too. I took a peek over the wall and I could see the carnage unfolding. I was in absolute awe with the graphics and the mayhem taking place, it was amazing. I took a moment to look around and take it all in and then went raging forwards... and died lol. Tanks, trucks, jeeps, motorcycle's are some of the vehicles which you can exploit. Your also able to take on board passangers one in the fornt and some in the back with one mounting a gun shooting from the rear of the vehicle... now thats teamwork. However the lack of voice chat means that this hardly happen's. You may be on the same team but sometimes it still feels as though your on your a one man team as the sense of teamwork is lost due to no communication.

The fact that you can have upto 24 players YES that's TWENTY-FOUR players in one battle is simply amazing and I'm sure that you can envision the carnage yourself. You'll find that some maps are maasive and then some a just really small, but the small one's have undergound layers which makes up for the lack of area above ground. Some of the multiplayer games available are capture the flag, battle, team battle headquarters and many more.

The single player missions are great and will have you enthralled all the way. As the game gets harder the checkpoint intervals get a little longer which means you could find yourself replaying parts of missions several times if you die before you've reached the next checkpoint, slightly annoying but it hardly bothered me. In single player missions you get to take control of the loads of vehicles just as I mention above so it breaks up the fact that your always on foot. The games far more interactive and it incorporates hand to hand action which is a new feature.

The dowside's are that in COD3 and the rest of them, there is a lack of blood and guts. No people I'm deluded or sick lol, it's just realistic like Gears of War for example. It's a 15 age rated game so I'm sure a little blood or wound inflictions wouldn't have hurt.

The major dissapointment is that there's no co-op mode like on Xbox 360, which is annoying so me and my mate can't go through the story mode as a team i.e Like Halo and Reisistance

However the Online mode makes up for every flaw (which arent many at all) and makes this game a must buy for the PS3. The graphics, visuals and sound are very good compared to some of the games on the PS3 the graphics especially. So if you've got an internet connection and your wanting to play online then PLEASE get this BUT if your wanting a offline co-op shooter then it has to be Resistance.

Hope this helps

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed at first but got better, 26 Nov 2010
Mart (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I'm not going to give a full-blown detailed review as I'm sure others already have, however I would just like to give my thoughts to this game as someone having only just come into the COD genre very recently albeit in slightly the wrong order (started off with COD4 Modern Warfare then COD World at War);

As I said, I played the above 2 games first and was completely blown away by them. When I first started playing this game COD3 (which obviously is one of the earlier ones) the movement felt a bit sludgy and slow in comparison. The graphics and frame rate are not quite as fast or good (understandably for an earlier game) but still more than acceptable.

HOWEVER as I went through the episodes this initial disappointment subsided and excitement took over. Towards the end it got incredibly exciting and tense as the number of Germans seemed overwhelming and you're running, retreating and fighting to survive and helping out other groups from different Allied countries, the overall gameplay and experience is just superb.

4.0 out of 5 stars good game, 27 Feb 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Call of Duty 3 is the classic combat game of World War II. If you've seen Saving Private Ryan, you know what you're in for. Head-throbbing noise and death all around you.

The game goes for instant immersion. You're barely off on your first trip when shells are landing, guns are hammering in your ears and there is complete chaos. You have to be careful not to hit a friendly while you're blasting away at the bad guys. You can barely see what you're doing. Your friends drag you along when you're hurt, and the rain and smoke can blind you.

Call of Duty 3 does a great job of giving you a WWII environment with character. You're in destroyed homes with cans on the shelves and holes blown into bedroom walls. You can see the smoke drifting across the main street, the plunks of rain as it falls through the boards. Bodies collapse realistically. The PS3's high def graphics really shine here.

The controller also adds to the sense of immersion. When you want to whap someone in the head with your gun, you just give the controller a sharp twist. You also use the controller for other steering-related tasks as well.

How about the sound? Playing the Call of Duty series always gives me a headache after a while :) But that's the point - war wasn't fun. It's not about cool pop soundtracks while you blow away the enemies. It's about listening carefully for footsteps in the silence, and then having your eardrums shatter when the barrage rains down on you.

Gameplay is well done with multi-pathed missions that let you choose your objective, within the current mission's parameters. You can't just decide to turn around and head for Bermuda :). Your leaders tell you what your group needs to do - but then it's up to you how to get it done.

Even if you're an uber-soldier and whip through the main gameplay in a short period of time, there is still the online side, which can keep you going for *months*. The in-game play is only training for the real challenge, live human opponents. Of course, if you don't like online gameplay, there is certainly a wealth of gameplay to replay for quite a while before you start to get bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty 3, 6 Feb 2010
T. J. Harrison (Douglas IOM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
The game is interesting, informative and rewarding in the action,graphics and realistic goals. My recommendation is to go straight into the normal level of play and above all let patience be your watchword. The Call of Duty series is definitely the best in the whole genre of WW2 shoot em ups. I bought this on Amazon after completing Call of Duty World at War, I simply had to have more of the same!

4.0 out of 5 stars classic wartime shooter, 30 Oct 2008
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
a great game. the missions are fun and exiting, the guns are great and multiplayer hard but good. also, the graphics are ok and i really enjoyed using the six-axis feature for shaking of the germans. overall, one of the best wartime shooters ever

4.0 out of 5 stars Use you HDMI !, 18 May 2007
Mr. S. Nelson - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Great game, intense fight scenes and good video clips, but please make sure you use your HDMI input, the graphics are good with SCART, but you'll be blown away by the quality of the HDMI, you'll never go back.

In game mini games are frustrating but they're over quickly and it's back to the all-out fire fights!

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty 3 (PS3), 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Great game, great graphics, great story. I am actually purchasing the COD series back to front, but this concluded my collection. I eagerly await more episodes/

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Prompt delivery, superb game play, highly addictive, highly frustrating, highly enjoyable, brilliant when coupled with surround sound and the lights off!

5.0 out of 5 stars call of duty 3 (ps3), 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
The game arrived on time , product was new , as this is a classic C of D game you get what you expect , a lot of fun

4.0 out of 5 stars ps 3 call of duty, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
good game, very intense I new about this game. I purchased call of duty three, as a replacement to an Xbox game

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Call of Duty 3 (PS3)
Call of Duty 3 (PS3) by Activision (PlayStation 3)
10.98