5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously good gadget for serious athletes
OK, first looks - you are thinking to yourself "But what if someone tries to land a helicopter on it's enormous surface while I am out running?!"

Well, don't worry about it. Yes it looks bulky but when you are out running you never notice the size and it's easy to appreciate the highly configurable and easy to read display. This device is all about options...
Published on 21 April 2008 by R. Cross

3.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit
I'm really enjoying using the Forerunner; this is the first running computer I have owned so I can't make comparisons to other models. I've found that the pace can be a bit variable while running but seems to level out to sensible values once it's uploaded onto the computer. The digits that are used for the heartrate could do with being a little larger too. It's very...
Published on 4 Mar 2009 by russell jones

‹ Previous | 142 43 44 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 305, 19 Sep 2009
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Worn GPS Personal Training Device with Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
Garmin Forerunner 305 is brilliant. Received excellent quick service from supplier. Would definitely use them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Most probably over tech, 8 Nov 2011
I bought this watch for my wife while ago ... after first try or two the watch is on the shelf. My expectation was that she will start with simple logging ... hit start button at the begining of the run, stop button after, followed by easy download to PC via cradle and seeing nice graphs about the track/workout etc. And in course of time she will start using more advanced features like pre-prepared training, virtual partner etc. ... unfortunately it is not the case. The watch seem to have rather complicated menu and settings and when she switches to 'run' mode the watch keeps telling her 'start running' even though she is and is not logging anything.

For her it is another stupid tech toy from husband and I haven't yet found the time/will to look at it.

So I guess it is good watch with lots of features, but unless you are sure that/how you'll use them - they might make a watch just too complex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 305, 21 Mar 2011
Dj Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
The delivery was excellent as usual but I purchased the item for a friend to give as a present so I have no information about the item.

4.0 out of 5 stars garmin gps watch, 13 Jan 2010
E. Lennon - See all my reviews
Bought this for my husband as a xmas present.
He seems delighted with it so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within 5 minutes!!!!, 17 Feb 2009
D. J. Major - See all my reviews
This watch lasted all of 5 minutes before the mode function would not work resulting in the watch be totally useless.
Found all the other buttons on the watch very difficult to press which would have been near impossible if i had been trying to use these functions whilst running.
But i am afraid the only travelling this watch done was going back to Amazon for a refund.
Maybe this was just a rare duff one but i would like to try one from a shop before i would risk buying another one in case i had the same problems with the buttons.

2.0 out of 5 stars difficult to use, 12 Oct 2010
Enda Cunnane (dublin, ireland) - See all my reviews
just bought this product and not so sure if it was a good decision, i am sure it works fine but it seems a litte too difficuly (non intuitive) to use

1.0 out of 5 stars Cancer warning on device (updated), 17 Jun 2008
I. Humphrey (Welwyn Garden City, Herts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When you open the box, you will see a sticker on the device informing you that it contains carcinogenic compounds. It is required to do so under the Californian 'Proposition 65'.

Their website says that they have not attempted to quantify the level of risk to the user.

I have unsuccessfully tried to contact them over the last week using various methods.

I am willing to believe that the risk is negligible, but their recalcitrance on this subject makes me nervous.

This is not a computer sitting passively on your desk. This is a device in direct contact with your skin over long periods in the sun, heat and sweat. Perhaps over long periods of time there is a small but significant increase in your risk of acquiring cancer?

This is a device aimed at people interested in their health. How can this company ignore one aspect of their device that could have a profound impact on the health of their users? We may for instance eschew peanuts for fear of aflatoxins, but efforts of this nature may be nullifed by wearing a Garmin device.

What I want to know is the names of the carcinogenic materials, where they are located, what is the probability of being leaked to the skin, and once on the skin some speculation on what might happen.

Has anyone managed to get a peep out of Garmin on this issue?

I have rated this product solely on Garmin's lack of communication. I will not let my wife use this device until I hear some word from them.

Update 23rd June 2008:
I received a completely unacceptable response from Garmin UK, who threw their hands up in the air, saying we don't know and we don't care.

However, I received a better response from an international representative. It was in poor English, so I'm not 100% sure of the writer's intent. It seemed to assert that that there is a carcinogenic compound encapsulated in the GPS unit itself. If broken and consumed, this might cause cancer. If true, then my mind is at rest. Why couldn't this have been written on the unit itself?

What I was most concerned about was the possibility that the plastic of the unit's exterior may have been contaminated.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Linux Support, 29 Jan 2011
R. Lennox (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
No need to add to previous comments on the hardware capabilities of this device except to say that after some time there is still no linux support for this by Garmin and no apparent interest in providing it.
For this I award one star.

1.0 out of 5 stars gives me headaches, 22 Dec 2008
Mr. Peter C. Bradley (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
Brilliant watch, apart from it makes me feel ill!! Don't know why but it does! Feels like someones kicked my head!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Feb 2011
Didnt accept this I sent it back with the post office as it was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son. It came two months too late. I would like a refund. He was extremely disappointed not getting this.

Valerie Hall.