5.0 out of 5 stars One that I missed.....but love it now!
This has got to be a Freddie fans dream. The vocal range of Freddie is fully explored in this album with most of his best work included on the album. Some great tunes including what I think has got to be one of my favourites now...Living on my own.

Been playing it for weeks now in the car and still find it remarkable.
Published on 7 Feb 2007 by Mr. I. Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Freddie.
There is some good stuff here if you like Freddie's music The DVD quality is a bit poor, some of it is awful. (VHS quality ?) Overall not bad with some nice unseen video's and new mixes.
Published on 16 Sep 2011 by Voxsmart

5.0 out of 5 stars One that I missed.....but love it now!, 7 Feb 2007
Mr. I. Reynolds (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews

Been playing it for weeks now in the car and still find it remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best of Freddie Mercury, 1 May 2009
S. Martin (Deepest Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Freddie Mercury (Audio CD)
This cd is brilliant, I bought it for a friend, had a sneak play, and couldn't part with it!! The duets with Montserat, I hadn't heard before apart from Barcelona.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Singer, 22 Feb 2009
G. Anderson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Freddie Mercury (Audio CD)
Enjoyed all the songs here "In My Defence " and " Time " are my favourites great selection here and a good price for this album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Freddie Star!, 12 Oct 2012
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Very Best of Freddie Mercury (Audio CD)
I was never totally immersed in Queen's splendour and glory, but like most, I fully appreciated their greatest hits and videos.

What was so very obvious was that Freddie was much more than a lead singer of a band - anyone approaching Bohemian Rhapsody for the very first time can't help feeling here was an opera star, flamboyant actor and showman all in one.

Thus it is entirely natural and right that an album of Freddie as solo artist and singer should be released, a wonderful array of odd remixes and the classical, from duets with Monsterrat Gaballe in the rather formidable but undoubtedly powerful Barcelona, to his own swansong The Great Pretender.

True, he's not my favourite singer and this isn't my most played album, either but that's not to say that I can't appreciate that awesome talent and persona, because I do, but not as much as the millions who still adore this true icon. There will never be another Freddie Mercury, thank goodness, the unique and irreplaceable are just that!

With 19 tracks plus a bonus along with a decent, colour booklet with Freddie photos we feel we are getting true value with this CD - not so much as to oversaturate and undervalue the project but enough to make the fans feel like they're getting something special. Which they, of course!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF A KIND, 21 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Very Best of Freddie Mercury (Audio CD)
There will NEVER be another Freddie Mercury and the music world is an empty place without him. His voice was distinctive and his range of musical abilities are all put together in this CD along with Montserrat Caballe et al. If you like Freddie you'll love this. Eclectic is the best word to describe it.

Thoroughly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars INFALLIBLE., 10 April 2013
There is nothing to say about this voice. And for fans who want more Queen is the perfect album, Fredy wonderful, as always. If you already have crushed his band discography, these themes will sound like you recorded yesterday.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very Best of Freddie Mercury, 30 Dec 2012
This record is famous and I like this one very much, also the person I gave this record as present.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Freddie., 16 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars The new albun, 10 Sep 2006
Personally I love Queen

I like pretty much all of their work

and this new CD by Freddie is no exception

They have changed the music to some of the tracks, but everything seens to compliment Freddie with style.

It is a great tribute to a great man!

I love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Freddie but not Queen, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Very Best of Freddie Mercury (Audio CD)
Anyone thinking they are getting a new Queen album, this is not for you. We all know of Freddie Mercury as the late lead singer with Queen and whilst sorely missed, his memory still goes on....as the man himself said "The show must go on"

This is an album with pure Freddie - sure there are some tracks that were re-worked by Queen, but these are the originals. There are some surprises too. I enjoyed listening to this album, it shows Freddie as he would like to be remembered, versatile enough to sing opera, with Barcelona, rocky enough to sing Mr Bad guy of the album of the same name and humble beginnings too under a different name, but a track familiar from Made in Heaven (Queen). Enjoy for what it is, but don't expect Queen.

The Very Best of Freddie Mercury
The Very Best of Freddie Mercury by Freddie Mercury (Audio CD - 2006)