5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding hard rock
This is an absolutely brilliant collection of Nazareth's powerful rock sound, including their biggest hits Love Hurts, Broken Down Angel, Bad Bad Boy, Place In Your Heart and This Flight Tonight. The lead singer's vocal could be piercing and rasping but sensitive too, a bit like Joe Cocker.

Their version of Joni Mitchell's This Flight Tonight is spectacular, as...
Published on 27 Jun 2007 by Pieter Uys

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the single edit
There are a number of Nazareth compilations on the market. This one (at time of writing) is a clear winner on price and has a decent number of tracks on it but it is not without its problems.

Published on 14 Sep 2009 by Ian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding hard rock, 27 Jun 2007
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)

Their version of Joni Mitchell's This Flight Tonight is spectacular, as they really lift the song and give it an entirely new angle. It really soars. And they do the same with their cover of The Everley Brothers' hit Love Hurts.

My favourite is the brilliant uptempo Place In Your Heart, a tuneful and hypnotic classic rock song if ever there was one. Those who like the music of Queen or AC/DC or Meat Loaf, a melodic rock sound with powerful vocals and high emotion, will love the music of Nazareth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the single edit, 14 Sep 2009
Ian (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)

My principal gripe is with the single edit of "May The Sunshine". "Edit" is being kind. There is a whole piece missing from the magnificent intro. It sounds like the master tape has been cut with a rusty spoon and spliced with a bit of gaffer tape found on the editing room floor. The first time I heard it I thought my CD had a fault but having compared it with the bonus track on No Mean City it is what it is meant to be. I have no idea if the other compilations have the album version but if they do then that is a good reason not to buy "The Very Best of"

My other issue is with the 1981 remix of Morning Dew. I had not heard it before getting this disc. Now I have I prefer the original though the Blackfoot version is better still.

So a good selection of tracks but if you do not own "No Mean City" already then look elsewhere for the band's sunniest hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
Pleased with this CD. One of my favourite bands from my teenage days and it is great to be able to play these songs again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stuff., 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
This is an incredibly good cd, with Dan Mccafferty's gritty voice & a very strong band. Manny Charlton's bluesy. gutsy guitar playing is spine tingling. I can't believe they weren't more popular. This is now my favourite cd of all time, shame they are all old geezers now as they could give some of the new bands a run for their money. Timeless & unrelenting rock at its best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Compilation, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
I had a hazy recollection of a lot of these tracks, but thought I'd see if it was all rose tinted. Not one bit. Some stormin' tracks I wished hadn't remained quite so distant for so long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nazareth, 24 Mar 2014
D. Graves (Northampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
Bought this because I wanted a Nazerath CD in my collection. A few good tracks (like most CD's). Good value

5.0 out of 5 stars TAKES ME BACK, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
USED TO LISTEN TO NAZARETH YEARS AGO, TAKES ME BACK TO MY YOUTH, FORGOT HOW GOOD THEY SOUND PUT IT ON CONTANSTLY

4.0 out of 5 stars NAZARETH, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
GREAT STUFF. AN ALBUM FULL OF MEMORIES. GOOD VALUE. ANOTHER PURCHASE THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME.ROCK ON MUSIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Driffing back to the past, 24 Sep 2013
Mr. Stephen Cuss (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
I have the original 45rpm single of "This Flight to night" and keep on meaning to record it onto my PC, but never get around to it when I saw this whole CD I thought great Lets get it and I was not dissapointed its really good and bought back some fond memories

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Daddy, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Very Best of Nazareth (Audio CD)
and he likes this album quite a lot. I did listen in and indeed, Nazareth are not really bad. I would certainly continue listening to that band.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Very Best of Nazareth
The Very Best of Nazareth by Nazareth (Audio CD - 2006)