5.0 out of 5 stars A Return To Form
Published on 22 Jun 2006 by K. Fowler

3.0 out of 5 stars Reverie
Ronan Keating is a Singer that I love to listen to when I'm nostalgic. I reccomend this CD to people who love to get taken away.
Published on 28 Sep 2012 by Adrien Vannier

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Return To Form, 22 Jun 2006
K. Fowler (Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
This album is truely Ronan at his best. His voice on all the tracks has never sounded better. It starts with the upbeat "Friends In Time" a wonderful sing-a-long song guarranted to get your feet tapping, and ends with the Celtic "So Far Away" which is an absolute joy of a song. The highlights for me are "This I Promise You", "Superman", "It So Easy Lovin' You" and also the title track "Bring You Home". If you are a fan of Ronan's ballads then this album is a must have for your collection. Believe me you will NOT be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, 12 Jun 2006
R. Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
This is the album that finally does justice to Ronan's talents. Beautiful songs and great arrangements display the range of Ronan's voice, which soars throughout. A fantastic, mellow, and often touching album. Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Jun 2006
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
Ronan says in inteviews that with this album he's back to his roots. Don't listen to him. He has never sung in this way before. He's famous for singing ballads and this album is ballad driven but most of them are hardly those huge sing-along ballads like Wen You Say Nothing At All. Gentle, sophisticated arrangements and the best vocals from Ronan ever make this album different to his previous releases. Songs like To be Loved (with Jamie Cullum on the piano) are not ones you'd appreciate when listening to them in car, they are full of beautiful details - lose them and you will lose it all. This is surprisingly mature music and it requires a mature listener. All tracks (except two) were produced by Mark Taylor and it is a good news for Turn It On fans (cheers guys!), we already know how stunnig Ronan's unique voice is when treated with respect and care it deserves. Thanks to Taylor Ronan's voice is a star on this album - husky, rich, soulful - supported perfectly by soft, soothing arangements.

Of course this is still Ronan - the one for whom singing hit songs seems to be amazingly easy - and there are many potential hits on this album: uptempo Friends In Time (originally by Golden Horde), romantic ballad This I Promise You or Bring You Home, another beautiful song from Keating about father and son" relationship.

If this album wasn't that good I'd be disappointed that Ronan doesn't show his rockier side on it. He's got a special gift - his uptempos are incredibly uplifting and it is a shame that this time he doesn't share his yuth, eagerness and passion towards life by singing songs such as Rollercoaster or I Wouldn't Change A Thing. Instead Bring You Home brings some nice surprises, like, for instance, Maori chant on So Far Away (written by Ronan Hardiman and Frank Musker).

Brilliant album. Put your headphones on and enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ronan Album in a LONG Time, 2 Jun 2006
M. Farrell "Mikey" (Sligo, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
Ronan seems to be back on form with this album. Its actually not too different from his first album in terms of pace and style. We've all heard 'All Over Again'. Very good track. 'This I Promise You' is a beautiful song, and will feature in plenty of weddings as the first dance I am sure. His covers of 'Iris' and 'To Be Loved' are both excellent. All in all, it is an excellent album and hopefully it will be successful for him because he deserves it. Welcome back Ronan!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous album done with heart & soul., 8 Jun 2006
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
This is such a wonderful album. Ronan has matured so much.

It makes me laugh in a way when I hear "Friends In Time". Ronan in the past has said he's dabbled in playing the guitar a bit. There is a rythmn guitar piece on this song I would love to hear Ro play, even if it's just to begin with, on the intro. On the live gigs you know, & I'm sure we'd know instantly which song he was going to play.

There are 3 things that stand out on the whole album.

1. Ronans voice is fantastic. It is so powerful when he goes for it, it has so much emotion & it's Ronan. He's not imitating anyone. It's like a chunk of "Galaxy" Chocolate melting in your mouth.

2. The instruments. You can hear actual individual instruments being played. A lot has been put into it. It's not all electronic, but actual instruments.

3. Again, the maturity of it all. Ronan has found something he's comfortable & happy with. You can tell he's put his heart & soul into it.

Congratulations Ronan. I mean this so much from the heart. It is a fabulous album. I sincerely hope you will keep us entertained with your great music as long as you're happy to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ronan is back with a bang!, 5 Jun 2006
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
The two and a half year wait for Ronan Keating's fourth studio album has paid off-'Bring You Home' is embellished with gems that will appeal to young and old, diehard fans and casual radio listeners alike.

This is Ronan at his best. 'Bring You Home' features the kind of anthemic pop songs and heart-rendering ballads that have given the Dublin singer a string of chart-topping hits over the years. Fans will be glad to hear there is no fundamental change of direction bar a natural progression in musical style. It is, in some ways, similar to his debut album, 'Ronan', and the title suggests that he may indeed have returned to his roots.

The word 'anthemic' springs to mind as soon as you hit the `play' button and 'Friends in Time' pumps out of your stereo.

Ronan's unerring sense of melody and his understanding of good pop music are in evidence throughout, but it is in 'This I Promise You' that the first inklings of the singer's innate ability to create wonderfully universal love songs become apparent. "My love, here I stand before you/I am yours now from this moment on/Take my hand, only you can stop me shaking/We'll share forever, this I promise you". And you wish this tune had been around for the first dance at your wedding!

Most of the tracks are slow and evenly paced with a high smooch factor but they never become predictable.

Verses like, "Trying to find some peace there in my soul/You know it was your love that saved me/The answers to my prayers you gave me/And I hope I'll be all you deserve" ('Superman') qualify as the most romantic sentiments expressed in pop music in quite some time.

A range of performers, including Jamie Cullum, Kate Rusby and Eimear Quinn have lended their skills to the recording of this album while legendary Irish composers such as Simon Carmody and Ronan Hardiman have co-written some songs.

The album features the recent smash hit, 'All Over Again', a duet with the British folk singer, Kate Rusby, and a soothing rendition of the Goo Goo Dolls' classic, 'Iris'.

Perhaps these are clues as to why, when you reach the end of 'Bring You Home', you feel like you've been on a refreshing journey. Listen and savour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring You Home, 5 Jun 2006
E. Jones "Emma Jones" (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
The opening track Friends In Time kick starts the album off in style. I loved the song from the moment I heard the Golden Horde original and Ronan's version if anything is better. Absolutely love the ending with the backing vocalist mixed in with Ronan's vocals, just brilliant. This I Promise You is a brilliant, heart warming ballad and shows what Ronan does best and is a strong contender to be a future single. Iris, released across Europe, is a fantastic cover of the popular goo goo dolls hit. It showcases Ronan's ability to do something abit more rocky and not just the ballads hes know for.Superman is a lovely song with really meaningful lyrics of how a man can't always be superman, but will always be there and love you no matter what. It's So Easy Lovin' You is a sneakily placed up tempo ballad that starts off slow and then builds up. I was starting to think every song was a ballad till I heard this song and am grateful for the change in sound it brings to the album.

Bring You Home is the stand out track of the album for me, absoutely brillant and should feature as a future single. So Far Away is a good song to finish off the album, very celtic in its sound. The maori chant is so subtlety done that it actually transforms the whole track and leaves ya feeling that Bring You Home could actually be Ronan's best album yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful collection of songs, 17 Sep 2006
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful collection of songs by Ronan Keating. I love track 7,'It's So Easy Loving You' (my favorite), track 5 and 11 and I think his interpretation of 'Hello Again' is very, very good. He has a wonderful voice. I have always enjoyed his music but this album is, in my opinion, the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the songs..., 29 April 2013
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
One of my favourite albums, and not just because I get a thanks credit in the booklet.... Bless you pal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum knows best, 10 Aug 2010
K. Childs (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bring You Home (Audio CD)
Bought this for my mother. She reckons its worth a 5 rating so who am I to argue?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Bring You Home
Bring You Home by Ronan Keating (Audio CD - 2006)