4.0 out of 5 stars the seeds of change in AFI?
I personally couldn't wait for AFI's lastest release after their three year absense and I really wanted to hear how they had changed- and boy have they!

From the opening to the ending, what you are hearing is a new, more mature AFI with Daveys vocals showing an definite improvement from before, don't get me wrong, I have always loved his voice but now it sends...
Published on 31 May 2006 by T. Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars A largely depressing effort by a great band
I rushed out to buy this when I heard that a new album was finally out and I am still trying to come to terms with it! I guess it's a matter of personal taste, but I thought this album was pretty awful. It took me two days to manage to listen to all of it all the way through without breaking down!

I thought that `Sing the Sorrow' was a bit of a departure from...
Published on 5 Jun. 2006 by B. J. Thatcher

5.0 out of 5 stars The buisiness!!, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
eclectic-etherial-magical band!! Blinding tunes throughout this album,a surprising sideways move from there original sound, it rocks! What more is there to say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
Bought this for christmas for my daughter.who is a big fan of this band and she was really pleased with it, arrived well packaged and on time.

3.0 out of 5 stars AFI Decemberunderground, 31 May 2006
Mr. P. Bird (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of AFI since the release of their 'black sails in the sunset' album and i have to say i feel let down. I found this album to be abit typical, they didn't have the edge they had from previous albums. the only song which is even close to there older stuff is 'Rabbits Are Roadkill On Rt. 37' other then that it's not a good album in my opinon. Old AFI fans i would say buy it only to have a full collection of their work and new AFI fans to buy if you like typical punk albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good+, 22 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
Good album, unfortunately some of the tracks struggle to live up to Prelude 22, which is also a tad short, albeit awesome.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Compare, 16 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
As a stand along album, Decemberunderground isn't bad. I can see why lots of newer fans have picked it up and enjoyed it. However, as an older AFI fan I can't help but compare it to their olders stuff, and in all honesty, it doesn't even come close.

It doesn't have the aggressive punk styling of their first albums, nor even the dark, romantic lyrics that came in to play on 'Black Sails' and 'Art of Drowning'. It doesn't even compare to 'Sing the Sorrow', the album which many die-hard fans branded as a sellout album. In actual fact, for the first time in their career, AFI are now being branded as emo as a result of this album.

This being said, there ARE a few tracks that I enjoy off Decemberunderground. While I personally can't stand the almost poppy singles; 'Miss Murder' and 'Love Like Winter', I do find 'Kill Caustic', 'Affliction' and 'Endlessly She Said' to reflect the bands earlier work. In addition, both of the (so-called new) UK bonus tracks, 'Rabbits are Roadkill' and the cover of Nine Inch Nails' 'Head Like a Hole' are also worth listening to.

Overall, I would recommend buying this album, but if you are a fan of AFI's older music make sure you don't expect too much from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars gamer, 10 Feb. 2013
great cd i loved the single miss murder and i was curios what the rest of the album sounded like and i loved it so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
Most of the Songs are great. There are only 2 that I do not like. Very recommendable for an fan of AFI.

5.0 out of 5 stars different but brilliant, 23 Jun. 2006
Colin Scott "afisweem" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
ive been a fan of AFI since the old days. this is alot different from their other stuff but it's simply amazing. Ive listened to it at least 3 times a day since its release. Not a bad track on it. Each track is unique and as brilliant as the last. This is not emo despite what some people would say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
Wonderful CD, great price!

2.0 out of 5 stars The Great disappointment?, 9 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
This album is truly weird... just what genre could you call it? Popgothpunkrock maybe? Whatever it is it really doesn't work. I got into AFI with Girls not Grey and love sing the sorrow. However I was disappointed when I bought black sails in the sunset and the follow up which is only marginally better. With sing the sorrow at least the shouting was over heavy guitars but in a number of places in decemberunderground there's shouting over melodic guitars... which reminds me god forbid of such bands as Finch. Even the best track miss murder has such shouting but gets away with it because it's catchy.

Decemberunderground
Decemberunderground by A.F.I. (Audio CD - 2006)