4.0 out of 5 stars Medium - Large on Entertainment!
Medium is an excellently written show. About a woman who can "see" the past and the future, she helps fight crime in Pheonix. It's excellent in the main because of the cast, Patricia Arquette in particular is brilliant as Allison Dubouis, the Medium. Jake Weber play her husband and the girls who play her daughters are very good as are all the supporting cast...
Published on 21 Aug. 2006 by sp

I'm often fascinated by the lure of the supernatural and this boxset was an immediate attraction. I didn't know much about it before I bought the DVD boxset, but after my first season, I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat awaiting the second.

Published on 28 Dec. 2006 by larabard

Good series

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Oct. 2014
S. L. Knight - See all my reviews
Very good

2.0 out of 5 stars EnterEntertaining, but not one I'll be gagging to see again..., 28 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Medium - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)

It is certainly well acted and the relationship between Alison, her hubby and family is believable and realistic. The stories too were, at first, both entertaining and watchable. For me, however, the biggest turn off was the lack of emotional depth demonstrated by all the characters when faced with such emotive and complex issues as capital punishment. The question of the appropriateness of the death penalty was simply not raised and instead the 'good guys' rejoice in the elimination of the 'bad guys' from the world. In my mind, it just isn't that simple. Good guys can be bad sometimes and bad guys can show humanity and love. It's a continuum which this show fails to get to grips with and, after a season of watching and hoping, Alison's attitude just turned me right off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
ok

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning No Special features, 22 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Medium - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this series and was intending to buy the region 1 set but the Amazon review described this version as having the special features. On reciept I found that the region 2 set has no features what-so-ever.

The series is fantastic but the lack of features warrants only two stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the 5th disc??, 11 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Medium - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Unfortunately I had not read the previous reviews of this product before I purchased it. I absolutely love this series and was excited to find an edition which promised a "five-disc set (which contain all 16 episodes from the first season, in addition to bountiful bonus features)", however there are only 4 discs in the set I received so... where's the 5th disc please??

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Medium - Season 1 [DVD]
Medium - Season 1 [DVD] by Patricia Arquette (DVD - 2006)