on 14 August 2006
I bought a white PSP yesterday, and i am so pleased with it! Originally i had a black one, because i hadn't liked the white, but due to a fault i had to return it. Im glad I did, because i definitely prefer the white!!

The graphics were reported to be the same as the PS2. I can't say they are, but they are very close, and for a handheld, excellent. The controls are easy to use, although a word of advice- don't use the PSP without regular breaks, as I know someone who suffered a repetitive strain injury.

The different features available are brilliant, and the internet connection is easy to set up, as long as you have a wireless router. If not, then you should be able to use it in an internet cafe.

There is also a gameshare feature which allows you to (believe it or not) share the game you're playing with another, nearby, PSP.

Play your videos, music, photos and games on one machine!

Overall i am extremely pleased with this product and i think you will be too. A brilliant way to pass journey time.
on 2 September 2007
Now, when the PSP frst came out on September 1, 2005, I had my doubts about it as I was still feeling retro, what with my PSOne and PlayStation 2 console. I didn't know what a PSP was. Then the most tiniest gem glittered in the handheld videogaming market: Sure, it was the PSP but now it was coloured white. This, as you know left me with the most difficult dilemma a true Sony PlayStation fan could make. Should I go with the black PSP in order to contrast it with my PlayStation 2 or should I go all-out and get the white PSP? Well, of course, I decided to go all-out.

When my sixteenth birthday arrived, I unwrapped a package, which was small in size but big in prospect and what I saw made my heart leap. I saw a wrist strap, a battery pack, a 32Mb Memory Stick, a pouch and a console and I thought, "This is it! The PSP!" Since then, I have got several games with it including 'Dragon Ball Z Shin Buokai' 1 and 2, 'Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend' 'Pro Evolution Soccer 5' 'Puruit Force' 'Peter Jackson's king Kong' and 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' along with two demo discs: 'LocoRoco' and the official PSP Demo disc, which came with it. Now it was time to start my UMD collection. 'Ice Age 2: The Meltdown' came first. When my seventeenth birthday dawned, three more UMDs were given to me: 'Men In Black', 'Fantastic Four' and 'James Bond 007: Casino Royale'. I had got a whole mountain of accesories for the PSP as well.

And so, in conclusion, I'd just like to say, if you're a boy and you want to get a PSP, go for either the black or the white. (Personally, I think that white suits it). If you're a girl, however, then by all means go for the pink. Anyway, my point is go for the PSP but don't be too picky about the colour or games to play,just get it and be satisfied. Oh, and by the way, if you register your PSP with Sony Computer Entertainment, you'll recieve a UMD game case with the capability of holding up to five UMDs and two Memory sticks.
on 28 November 2012
great buy. xmas gift and am very pleased. would deffinatley but again if needed :)

very happy with this :) !!
on 15 May 2006
As far as handhelds go, it looks incredible, the graphics are excellent and its packed with features. You can watch movies, listen to music, surf the internet, read RSS feeds, download demos and many other things. It really is a portable entertainment centre.

However there are several awful flaws with it.... the two main ones....

One is the DPad - its fine for most games, but diagonals on it are *very* hard to hit, this is especially evident in fighers such as Street Fighter, you cant jump diagonally and although in the PSP version they try and compensate for teh controls its still evident that the DPad is very poor.

Second is the screen. Its beautiful from every angle, crisp and high resolution, however the response time is terrible. What that means in real terms is there is a tremendous amout of bluring/trailing going on when anything is moving fast on screen, especially dark colours. If you try Grand Theft Auto when Tony is wearing his black suit it almost looks like he has six arms when running - its really that bad. Its less of a problem in bright games (Loco Rocco for example looks fantastic) but its definately a MAJOR flaw. Dispite what Ive heard people say they have not fixed it in newer editions. (Ive had 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 black editions and a 2.6 white edition - all 4 have the same issue)

To be perfectly honest, I do love the console, and the future is very bright for it, but currently the DS is a million miles better. No blur on the screen, a larger selection of "fun" games and much more solid construction.

In my opinion buy a DS, if you have money left over, get a PSP.
on 6 June 2006
I am amazed at how easy to use this console is. When you are playing with this PSP the graphics are really good and when you watch videos on it they are as clear as Sky TV! I think the value pack is great value as you get the PSP itself , a wrist strap , a case , a screen cleaner , a 32mb memory card , earphones , remote control for the earphones. I prefer the white PSP over the black. Everyone I know with a PSP has the black one so it feels a bit special to have the ceramic white. You can change the settings on the PSP. One of my favourite settings is how you can change the colour of the background. Being a girl I changed mine to pink!
on 16 November 2015
Great product...
on 14 May 2006
I imported my PSP from Japan back in November and I have to say it was worth every penny. The PSP is a revolutionary piece of technology which combines Music, Films, Games and an Internet Browser all in one.

The white version lvery classy, much more so than the Black, definitely turns heads as most people didnt know the white PSP existed. Definitely worth the purchase. Im not sure myself, but a lot of people say the white PSP has a better quality screen and better designed buttons. Apparently this version has all the kinks worked out. My version has absolutely no dead pixels and arrived in perfect condition.

Well, by now, Im sure everyone knows what this incredible piece of technology can do so I want bore you with a log list. But, what I will tell you is all the great future line up of games which were just announced at this years E3.

1. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

2. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

4. Silent Hill: Origins

5. Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

6. Killzone: Liberation

7. Monster Hunter Freedom.

8. Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

10. Field Commander

11. The Getaway: Gangs of London

12. Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception

13. Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light

14. Tekken: Dark Resurrection

As you can see from this incredible future line up, now is the best time to get one of these incredible portable devices. It is the fastest selling system in UK history and its easy to see why!

In addition to these incrdible games, Sony will be introducing a download service where you can download old PS1 games and play them on your PSP.

Not only that but a GPS system and Eyetoy Camera peripheral are being released. Making this the all perfect gadget, and a must have for anyone.
on 10 May 2006
bought a white psp console from japan, and its amazing! excellent quality graphics, brilliant sound and really long battery life! haven't figured out a use for the IR port yet, but i'm sure it has one!
on 13 May 2006
i own a white psp from japan this sleek design is wonderfull you will never want to put it. i am writeing this on my psp via wireless internet.If you are someone that need the latest things this is for you 100% worth it

See one answered question