Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 June 2007
A stunning album, the prettiest voice... and totally enchanting songs! Love "Mr Blue" - such a sweet tune.

I am now hooked and want to purchase her other albums!!!!

Buy them - You will not be dissapointed if you love relaxed, heart felt music sung by a women with a pretty voice and simple acoustic guitar! :0)
on 5 March 2007
Catherine Feeny's album is a lovely piece of work which I think could open her talent to a wider audience. The songs span alt-folk/country numbers in the vein of Sheryl Crow (including title song of the album and potential single, 'Hurricane Glass' and 'No reply'), to mellow, moving ballads, including the lovely 'Touch back down' and 'Hush Now' which have similarities to Leona Naess.

Feeny's arrangements are uncluttered, guitar or piano based with gentle strings over on the majority of tracks. Her voice has a mellow, late-night country/folk feel which brings her thoughtful and often touching lyrics to life.

The album is simply produced which for me adds an authenticity to the work and a greater sense of 'realness'. I like that you can hear her put her foot on the pedal of the piano on the charming 'Mr Blue', or the sound of her tongue touching her lip on 'Touch back down'. There is an appealing honesty to the work (like Damien Rice's 'O'). The atmosphere is so intimate at times that you can almost feel the warmth of her breath as she sings.

Fans of Leona Naess, Beth Orton or Kathryn Williams will probably enjoy this, as (I hope) would lovers of semi-acoustic songs with lots of feeling and a little bit of fun. I for one am a big fan!
on 27 May 2006
I saw Catherine Feeney live last night supporting Martha Wainwright and she was truly amazing. Her voice is really relaxing, so smooth and breathy. Songs like Mr Blue (which is going to be used in the upcoming big screen adaptation of Augustin Burroughs' Running with Scissors)are full of emotion and really touch your heart. I'm usually quite sceptical about support acts but she blew me away, and gave Martha a run for her money!

Most of the songs are quite downbeat with melancholy piano and acoustic guitar but the title track shows she can rock out, with Hurricane Glass being a more uplifting foot tapper.

Vocally, she's quite similar to Kathleen Edwards with a slightly husky country singing voice, but her work is more introspective.

I would highly recommend this album, it's perfect for chilling out, getting over a break-up, or just for appreciating some good old-fashioned songwriting talent!
on 23 March 2007
Saw Catherine suporting Tim Finn at the Lowry in Manchester,I went to see my hero Tim and was blown away with this wonderful and beautiful young woman who sounds abit like Sheryl Crow and a touch of Suzanne Vega but has her own style as well.

Highlights of the concert where Touch Back Down and I Still Don`t Believe You but overall I was that impressed that I just had to order this wonderful CD,The reviewer who said that her songs seem familiar but completely different is spot on,they get under your `Radar` very quickly,she`s that good I`ve paid over the odds for Kelly Jones tickets just to watch her again.

Buy this!
on 14 March 2007
I bought the album from Catherine pre-release when I caught her by chance supporting Dr John and have been playing it ever since. The songs are all interesting and beautifully arranged and get better with every listen, but it is Catherine's wonderful voice that captivates you. "I Still Don't Believe You" is my favourite, but there isn't a weak song here.

Try to catch Catherine live too, as she is a genuinely lovely person and a real pleasure to spend time with.
on 16 June 2006
Catherine's album for me is a breath of fresh air to the music industry. Not only does she have a wonderful voice, but what seperates her from the KT Tunstalls, etc of this world is the reality of her lyrics that everyone can relate to in some degree.

Hooking up with Sebastian Rogers, her producer, has really given this album an appeal to all listeners, whilst maintaining Catherine's country/folk roots. Touchback down, Always tonight and I still don't believe you are incredible and beautifully sung songs, whilst the first single Hurricaine glass is an upbeat song that you can't stop playing - it is that addictive.

All this in combination with Mr Blue, which will be featured in Gwyneth Paltrow's next movie looks set to catapulte this album into many peoples' record collections.

Watching her live is an experience you don't want to miss - the band are fantastic!
on 31 May 2006
This is such a great record. Mr Blue is like the classic song you can't believe you haven't heard somewhere before. Unsteady Ground is also a favourite of mine - Catherine Feeny's lyrics are simple but unexpected and powerful.

A few listens and I was hooked to each and every song...
on 10 October 2006
I first heard of Cathrine Feeny on itunes last year when she was featured on an unsigned artist playlist and from the moment i heard the song Mr Blue, i know it would be only a matter of time before she was signed. A year later she has released on of the of the best albums i have heard in the past year, the album begins with touch back down and cathrine demostrates what a strong voice she has, as well as being able to write a great meldoy. The rest of the album is just as strong as the first track, with my personal favourite being hush now. all in all, i recommend this album very high and if you are a big folk fan, this album is a must have in your collection.

Chris in Reading
on 10 June 2006
Quite simply, this is a great album. I saw Catherine supporting Dr. John at the Sage in Gateshead and bought the album immediately after the gig.

Catherine has a great voice, full of emotion and personal resonance. The songs are varied and you will instantly feel that you already know many of them. Her lyrics are full of personal insight and sometimes display a wicked, cutting edge.

There have been comparisons with Suzanne Vega, KT Tunstall, Lucinda Williams et al, but ignore those. Catherine is a strong artist in her own right - do yourself a favour and experience this album soon.
on 27 April 2012
Catherine Feeny appeared as a guest vocalist on an album I have had for some time and I only realised after a recent play that her voice was something special. Searched out this album and immediately connected with the short snippets available online. I particularly enjoy the singer songwriter fare that is a very crowded scene at present and I tend to navigate to artists who are slightly different to the norm. Simone White, Laura Gibson, Paula Rae Gibson and Soap and skin immediately spring to mind. I am particularly attracted to her voice which I suppose could be described as having a dark woozy sensuality but the songs are also varied, well written and presented. Musically very pleasant listening. Not a weak track in sight. Unsteady ground tops the lot for me.