5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser PMX70
Published on 28 Dec 2006 by Craig Llewellyn

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a pain you don't need during a workout
Published on 2 Jun 2008 by Vic Serotonin

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a pain you don't need during a workout, 2 Jun 2008
This review is from: Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones (Electronics)
These are a `one size fits all' headphones, which is great if you fit within its size range then you will probably be gushing for joy like the majority of reviewers here. On the other hand, if you fall outside of the size range, like me, then you are going to be in for a painful frustrating experience with this product. The earpieces are made of hard plastic with no cushioning and the neckband is designed to exert pressure on them to keep them in place during sporting activities. Unfortunately there is no means of making adjustments to make them fit comfortably. So if they are not a good fit then they will feel like someone is constantly trying to force hard plastic clothes pegs into your ear holes. Another problem with the design is that the neckband protrudes too far behind the head. This won't be a problem if you are only going to use them for jogging or cycling but if you want to use them in the gym as well, like me, then you are in for another painful experience. Whenever the back of my head came into contact with any surfaces such as benches, headrests or the floor then the neckband would be driven forward causing the earpieces to stab painfully into my ears.

I really tried to make these headphones work as I needed a set that would stay in place during a workout. But after many attempts I had to give them up, they were just too excruciating to use.

If it is at all possible I would advise potential buyers to find a shop, or a friend who has them, who will allow them to try them first before buying, if I had done so I would have known within minutes they were no good for me. On the plus side the sound quality is very good especially if you are an ipod owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser PMX70, 28 Dec 2006
Craig Llewellyn (Birmingham. UK.) - See all my reviews
I purchased these for running with after I got fed up with my toxic ear sweat destroying all my headphones. I am not blessed with tiny ear canals so the bud type ear peices fall out so I use the neckband type. With other headphones I would randomly lose volume in one ear peice and sometimes both. On other occasions it would sound like I am listening to the house stereo whilst submerged in the bath.

These headphones are A1+ I have run about 120 miles in them so far ranging from a 4 mile fast run to a slower paced 10 miler as well as interval training. As with most neckbands they can rub on the collar of a jacket a little bit and looking over my shoulder before running across a road junction can slightly dislodge them but this is only a very minor issue. They are extremely comfortable and feel quite light, the ear peice has a rubber boot and once on I don't feel the need to re-adjust. The cable length is excellent as is the cable quality. It's not a cheap cable and is surprising flexible and comes with a clothing clip. The bass and sound quality is excellent and the ear peice actually cuts out quite a bit of background noise - fortunately I can still hear the traffic when road running. I was a bit put off by the green that Sennheiser have opted for but it's much worse in the online images, the actual real life colour isn't bad at all. So far I have had no loss of sound whatsoever. I'd definately recommend them. I don't normally lodge online reviews but I thought these deserved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - first class sports headphones!, 23 Mar 2007
J. A. Short "Shortie" (Fleet, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've tried all the Apple headphones but they've ruined many a run by falling out. These are superb and the sound quality excellent. Money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 May 2007
E. Chui "Plum" (UK) - See all my reviews
I cannot fault these headphones for sport, in particular running. I had to say a sad farewell to my beloved nike phillips headphones, and have struggled to find a similar neckband design. The sennheiser's are chunkier but I do believe they stay in my ears better and the sound is far superior. I took them out for their first spin this morning - an hour in the rain. They were comfortable for the whole run and the sound was fab despite the water dripping everywhere. I have to admit I have got quite a little head, so for someone with a bigger head they may not be as comfortable. I rate them, and would recommend them for runners..........not sure I would use them otherwise, the green is very lime!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great for small heads, 21 Feb 2008
Ms. Fa Dungey (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
I couldnt get these to stay still on my head! I dont its whether my head is too small (Im a small-average sized female)...but for running they were ridiculous, and kept banging my neck. The sound quality was great but I strained my neck trying to prevent them flapping up and down. Maybe if you have a bigger head than mine they will fit more securely! My advice is try them on before you buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones !! Great Sound !! Super Sturdy !! Just Buy them !!, 15 Mar 2007
Mr. M. Regan "Marc Regan" (England) - See all my reviews
What can i say about these headphones that hasnt already been written. I use headphones everyday for my job and was getting fed up of company issued headphones. I ordered a pair of PMX70 headphones plugged them in and wow !! The Quality of sound is fantastic usually on a PC i have all the volume levels turned up full with headphones i think i have these headphones on 30% volume and it is still louder than your average pair !! Then just to back up the super sound quality they are the most sturdy earphones ever ! i can jump around and they would not move an inch !! So basically whether it is for work, pleasure or the gym these are definately a must have. 20 is a bargain for this product dont wait !! Grab them now !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a noisy gym, 7 Mar 2007
Simon (Staffs, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of these headphones to use with my Sony Walkman NW-S203F, in a busy gym where the piped music is always loud and often annoying! Having given up with the pair of 'on the ear' generic headphones flogged at the gym, and soon realising that the standard headphones supplied soon fall out when running on the treadmill, these are absolutely ideal. They cut out virtually all the background noise, don't fall out when running, and perform so well acoustically that, for the first time in months, I was able to set the Walkman to a volume half the previoius level. Excellent value for money, strongly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good sound and great for sports, 15 Mar 2008
L. Rushton (england) - See all my reviews
the sound that comes out of these are very clear, they feel nice on the ears and a nice cable as well that seems to be quite strong. i ride a bike to work and i have caught it a few times on my handle bars but it hasnt broken yet. i recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too comfortable but they stay in!, 14 April 2007
Only a four because they hurt my ears after about an hour of continious wear! Also these are designed with running in mind I think, I wore them casually whilst waiting for my in ears to arrive and they kept catching on my jacket collar! Well annoying! Used them in the gym (running, rowing, cross trainer etc), perfect never gonna fall out! Havent tried using them for weights I would imagine that the same collar problem would occur with the bench, I hope not tho! Can't beat the Rocky soundtrack when working out! LOL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go and buy them!, 16 Jan 2007
Sarah Portlock (Prestatyn, N Wales) - See all my reviews
Bought these headphones following a recommendation from a 'serious' runner to use in the gym as I was fed up of the usual 'bud-type' which are supplied as standard with most MP3 players, falling out. These are great, comfortable to wear, excellent sound quality and most importantly, they stay in my ears until I want to take them out! If you're into running or aerobics or even if you just want a decent pair of headphones you won't go far wrong if you order these.