5.0 out of 5 stars The beauty of the British coastline
The sort of book that those of us who enjoy seeing more of our beautiful country than we are able to do from a car will really appreciate.
Published on 16 Jan 2011 by A. Rodriguez-Veglio

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly disappointing
Published on 15 Jan 2007 by M. Plass

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly disappointing, 15 Jan 2007
M. Plass "Maya" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aerial Britain - The Great British Coastline [DVD] (DVD)
If you have been captivated by Coast and are looking for a similar ilk as I was - I would not reccommend this. I was hoping for something which would show interesting places to visit from an aerial view. Sadly, I found myself mesmerised by the smear on the lens of the camera more often than not and the wobble of the helicopter. Disappointed with the voice over which talked about places whilst the image showed somewhere else. It also didn't tell you where or what you were looking at. I'm sure some would find it enjoyable to a degree but I am afraid I was a bit disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Aerial Britain - The great British coastline, 6 Mar 2010
'harry' (bolton,lancs,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aerial Britain - The Great British Coastline [DVD] (DVD)
This was an outstandingly disappointing dvd. The music (classical) was loud & intrusive. The sound engineer not getting it to a more tolerable level until 3/4 way thru (by St Michaels Mount). For about 1/3 of the time this was vying with archaic and inappropriate poetry. It was a pity that the 'colour engineer' never got to grips with his task. 2 distinctly good pictures were Durdle Door/Chesil Beach & part of Pembrokeshire coast and that is all. Otherwise pictures were grainy and of poor quality, at one point the sea was emerald and the grass yellow with a beige sky. I am fortunate in that I have been to most of the places but if not I would be left wondering 'where am I'. Obviously sometime the beauty of the landscape should do the talking, but nearly 3 mins watching traffic on the Severn Bridge and then some mud and 2mins 40sec going over hills in Cumbria..which ones?? The credits showed this film was produced in 1995. The film quality, inadequate narration, inappropriate poetry and excrutiatingly loud classical soundtrack was similar to a poorly produced Pathe type cinema film of the '60s. Dreadful, How could I make this critique fun as you suggest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch this with the volume off, 24 Aug 2014
jacey (cardiff uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aerial Britain - The Great British Coastline [DVD] (DVD)
Great views but the music got on my nerves.would rather have had natural sounds (water,birds etc) on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The beauty of the British coastline, 16 Jan 2011