on 3 August 2006
Bought this about six weeks ago. First off, the Aigo site says this is USB 2.0.... it is not! Amazon are spot on at USB 1.1 compliant. Not too much problem as I only use it for music. The problem I have is that the control of the unit and navigation through your music files is really quite tricky. Even switching off and on can be a bit hit and miss. The mode switch on the side is not intuitive (to me anyway) and I have found it difficult to change track and navigate folders etc without being whizzed back to somewhere I don't want to be.

Still, for the money, 2Gb storage and recording is very useful.
on 1 September 2006
My parents purchased this mp3 for me when my mini disc finally died as a stop gap until I could afford an iPod. First impressions of the player were good, the controls were easy to use and copying music across was quick and simple.

However, just copying music across resulted in albums copying across with the tracks in random order so I had to resort to the long winded method described in the user manual that involves syncing everything in media player. This presented another problem, namely half the tracks 'vanished'. When its plugged into the computer all the tracks are there, when I try to listen to it the last ten albums don't appear avaliable to listen to. Origionally I thought I may have gone over the memory limit but I still have 500mb of memory left.

Overall, I'd say this player is good if you want to burn lots of individual tracks but if you want to have whole albums I personally would spend a little extra money and get an mp3 that works properly.
on 4 July 2006
We already have 2 Aigo 1Mb players and they are great. Connected to computer with no problems and can just drag and drop music files. They are sturdy and the controls are great.

Expected the same of the 2Mb version. No such luck.

It is a completely different design, seems flimsy and the controls are not as well designed. Also seems to be a problem with drag and drop and had to use Windows Media Player sync function. Disk is FAT rather than FAT32.
on 16 September 2006
I just bought this and it represents value for money in that it does 'what it says on the tin' and stores 2Gb of music to play back. But that's the best I can say about it. The sound quality was diabolical and I soon realised that this was because of the cheap and nasty headphones that come as standard - do yourself a favour and buy a decent set (or ANY set, for that matter!) at the same time as you buy the player. And while you're at it, get some good quality batteries - the one supplied will last less than an hour!

Controls take a bit of getting used to and I would recommend that you 'organize' your music folders and copy them across manually - folders tend to at least keep the albums together!
on 9 June 2007
Yes the unit is formatted to Fat but just plug it into the computer (assuming "Windows" PC) right click on the player in "my computer" and format the drive as Fat32. After I did this all the problems that I was having were gone and with much better earphones its now a great little unit. Battery life is an issue but not overly.
on 7 October 2006
This looked like an absolute bargain. Reasonably well know name etc., but disappointed in the end. Sound was ok, controls a bit fiddly, like all I guess until you get to know it. Major problem was in getting it to appear as an external USB drive to the PC. First couple of times, it was ok, but then it gradully seemed more difficult until it would no longer appear as a drive.