‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool tool, 8 Sep 2012
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
I have bought this to be my constant companion when out on my bike. My reasoning is that the one time I am likely to need a tool kit is when I am far from one. So if I carry one with me, I will either never need one (Murphy's Law), or will be ready for action. So I bought the Alien II.

This tool fits the bill perfectly for me. It has every gadget I might conceivably need for an on-the-spot adjustment or repair, and it is also very solidly made. There is no wobble in the hinges, the lock mechanism is rock-solid, and the metal quality is hard and does not feel like it will wear and deform. The ability to split the tool into two is a very insightful piece of design -it makes the tool twice as easy to use in the hand,

What the pictures and blurb don't really convey is the surprising compactness of the Alien II. It is a very neat small thing in the hand, and takes up little room in my bumbag. It is the easiest thing to take with you on a bike ride. The case is made from a very tough-feeling woven fabric, and has a belt loop on the back, so it is easy to fasten onto a belt, rucksack or bumbag exterior.

I am glad I spent a little more than I might have done, and went for this. It feels very dependable and I am sure will last a lifetime.

A lovely bit of kit.

AA

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Turner, this is simply the best......., 21 Aug 2011
Mr. S. M. Harris "mr cynical." (with the wife and kids) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
Wow. Amazingly well made tool and not just for bike maintenance, although that is what it is designed for obviously. The spanner half of the tool has a locking mechanism which is very strong and very well made, (mainly to prevent the knife opening) great quality steel and industrial strength hardened plastic this will take a lot of roughing up. Comes in a heavy grade nylon pouch wich is bike mountable too. Ive used the the tools for assembling kids toys, fixing a computer and fixing a tap. The best bike tool on the market and also the most useable. Love it like butter.............. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best !, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
This was the best tool I had on my round the world bicycle trip. Highly recommended ! After 3 years in sometimes heavy use still works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Topeak Alien II, 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
This is the second Alien that I have bought (the first one was stolen). I find it indispensable on the trail and on the road and I have performed several fairly complicated fixes with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best portable bike tool: tough, practical, versatile, 31 Mar 2013
The Guardian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
There's a big choice of portable bike tools offering Allen keys, screwdrivers and spanners in different sizes, plus tyre levers. This Alien II is the leader of the pack.

It's compact, strong, versatile and intelligently designed. It splits into 2 halves so you can use the tyre levers, which also makes each half less bulky to handle when doing other jobs. The build quality is very good with strong hinges and good locking mechanisms, the materials quality steel and tough plastics. It has the feel of indestructability about it.

It comes in a tough little pouch and is surprisingly compact and portable. You have every tool in every size you will ever need here for everything on your bike, and if you carry it with you at all times you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Multi tool, 2 Mar 2013
Steven Edwards (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
Chosen after doing a lot of research and has met all my requirements, compact, though not the lightest (it won't be, as it is strong and has a good number of tools - more than many similar products). Feels high quality and tools easily accessible. Haven't used all of them yet, but anticipating no problems. Another quality product from Topeak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tool - All you will every need - * Recommended *, 16 Aug 2013
S. PARIKH (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
I bought this tool to cover any maintenance I may need to perform on my 13mile journey to work. It comes with some 26 different tools in a cool design. I have tried it on my bike from pedals, seat post, handle bars, brakes, gears, levers and chain it fits all.

Likes
Every possible tool for my bike
Light weight comes in 2 parts that detach
Very good build quality - sturdy - 2 year warranty
Cool design

Dislike
Nothings!

Recommended **

Don't look for cheap imitations.

This product is superb. It cost over £36- at Evans. [...]

Amazon had it for under £27 absolute bargain and delivered in 2 days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Four years later., 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
I have had this product for 4 years. I use (as the main tool) to maintain my mountain bike. I also use the knife/screwdriver etc very frequently for many other jobs.

And after 4 years there is not a single scratch on it. It's possibly the most durable thing I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very useful, 16 Sep 2013
Robin "Rob37n" (Hull, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
I travel a lot for work, and have a bike out with me while abroad. This one tool replaces a heavy toolbox that would normally be confined to the garage. Lightweight, easy to use, robust enough for most bicycle related jobs. It's well made, comes in a useful and robust nylon pouch, and is very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Topeak ALiEN II Bike Multitool (Sports)
Does everything I need it to do. Early days yet and I've not used all the tools yet, but it's very well put together and I expect good longevity, as usual, from a Topeak item.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›