4.0 out of 5 stars I can shave again!
I am always unsure as to whether it is worth replacing the foil and cutter rather than just buying a new shaver as the replacement isn't cheap, but it seems such a waste to chuck working equipment and certainly not good for the planet!

Published on 2 Jan 2010 by Daveyo

3.0 out of 5 stars Check it fits your shaver
Although this states that it fits Braun series 3 shavers it does not fit Series 3 - 340 with a front switch.

Check before you order on the Braun web site, which is the correct replacement for your shaver, then order via Amazon because they are cheaper
Published on 30 Nov 2011 by Purple Buyer

4.0 out of 5 stars I can shave again!, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - 31B, Series 3, Contour, Flex XP, Flex Integral - 5000/6000 Series - Black (Personal Care)

In fact each time I have replaced the foil & cutter (about every 18 months) I am always amazed at what a difference it makes; all of a sudden it is so easy and quick to get a good shave again.

The first time I bought spares online I was very unsure that I was buying the right parts for my razor (a Braun 5614), I have now confirmed that when it says "5000/6000 Series" they fit shavers with model numbers beginning 5... , or 6...

5.0 out of 5 stars much improved, 10 Jun 2009
Brillant product. Only needed to change my foil but decided to change my blade aswell and what a difference, much better shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big mistake!, 3 Sep 2009
R. Kent (England) - See all my reviews
I kept going with the original foil and cutter for far too long, not prepared to pay for a new set. Wrong! I still cannot believe how good the new set is. I was hacking my face to bits with the old set. Don't even think about it - buy a new foil and cutter, you will be amazed like me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes your razor feel like new, 1 Mar 2011
This is the second foil and cutter which I have purchased for my razor. Each time, my initial feelings are that this is an expensive item and that I should be able to buy just the foil at a much lower cost. I probably still feel that way. On the other hand replacing both the foil and the cutter does make the razor feel like it is brand new and the shaving experience definitely improves by replacing both items. I still feel that Braun are exploiting their customer base and they should offer them the choice of buying the foil only, but as this is not an option, I would say to any owner of the Braun razor that if you are happy with the product and the shave that it gives you (which I am), then put aside any feelings you may have of being ripped off and buy this foil and cutter, even if only the foil needs replacing. The razor will feel like new and it will continue to provide you with many hours of satisfactory shaving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the colours available, 17 Nov 2010
Quite quick free delivery from Amazon.

Foil does not seem to fit quite as well as the original in that the foil release button does not work very well: I have to press the button and jiggle the foil to release the foil in order to do a manual clean.

Don't make the mistake that I did of ordering a 31B (B=Black) when I should have ordered a 31S (S=Silver)- I wasn't aware that there were two different colours and didn't spot the mistake until the item was delivered. However, it doesn't look too bad though.

My Braun Contour 5895 is one of the better Braun's for shaving that I have used and this foil and cutter block work better than some on other models. I am pleased that I found some didcount as Braun accessories are rather over priced in my opinion and extremely expensive in high street.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter, 14 Aug 2010
What can one say about a replacement foil and cutter? The Braun replacement is not cheap but does last a long time and does a good job. I would recommend when buying an electric razor to purchase one with a single cutter and foil, far better than all those fancy "three head" jobs and similar complicated cutting heads, which don't seem to shave nearly so close in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars replacement foil, 3 Nov 2009
M. Farmer (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my Braun 5775 as a long-overdue replacement. Fits fine and does the job - what more can I say! Oh ... shaving is about 50% quicker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun razor replacement parts, 7 July 2010
H. Masterson - See all my reviews
have always been impressed with efficiency of original Braun razor, so did not want to change brands when foil head needed replacement - original lasted considerable time. Am happy with speed of delivery of purchase, and razor continues to work well with new part.

4.0 out of 5 stars braun cutter and foil, 27 Oct 2009
I recently purchased the cutter and foil for my braun razor from Amazon and was happy at the speed it was delivered to my door and I am very pleased with this product and it is like a new razor now thanks to Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Replacement, 5 Aug 2009
Martin (Cleveland,England) - See all my reviews
This has saved me buying a new razor,which I am sick of doing,mine is
as good as new.Good value..