5.0 out of 5 stars My Second One

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 12 April 2009 by www.kaz

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 April 2009
This review is from: PowerLock Shower Basket Large (Misc.)
I ordered three of these items, as they seemed ideal to use in my rented flat, where I can't drill into the tiles. I have used similar items before in the UK. Initially they seemed an improvement on those I had used before. The locking device seemed to give a good hold on the tiles. However, having put the first on the wall and filled it with a bottle of shampoo and one of shower gel, it fell off in the middle of the night. The plastic is brittle, so it broke one of the lugs and is therefore unusable. The second I put on the wall and left empty. I thought I would just put the shampoo/shower gel into it when I actually used the shower. It still fell off in the night. This time it didn't chip, but the suction cup is damaged and I can't get a seal on it. Such a disappointment, especially as I am living in Shanghai and can't return the items.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Second One, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: PowerLock Shower Basket Large (Misc.)
We bought our first Powerlock shower caddy in John Lewis. We pounced on it when we saw it as it was plastic and would not rust.We had had three chrome caddies in the previous couple of years and they all rusted badly and rust can spoil tiles permanently. The assistant in John Lewis said when we bought it, as long as they are fitted properly they stay put, if it comes off you can return it.It stayed put it did not rust, then I tried to clean it.I think I lifted it and loosened it as the next think it was lying on the floor of the shower broken. No more in John Lewis store or on website. We found this one on Amazon it is the same and costs considerably less.The lesson here is be careful when you clean the caddy not to lift or better still take it off completely and refix, because they are excellent. They do not rust!!!! and they do stay put even with four or six bottles in.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tile size, 14 July 2009
V. Watson - See all my reviews
This didn't work for me as my bathroom tiles are 6". The suction pads are in the same place as the grouting so they coundn't stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars CORNER BASKET, 21 Jun 2009
H. B. Nisbet "hhbbnn" (Warwick, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this product after reading another customers review. At first when I opened it I thought is this going to stay on the wall, but I stuck to the wall with the instructions and put an old towel in the bottom of the shower in case it fell off. It remained stuck on the wall and is still in use with bottles in. For once I think this was a good buy and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars corner caddy, 7 Feb 2009
This really works - much better than its metal counterparts which rust!. Caddy sticks to wall as it says it does. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but do not put heavy items in it, 3 Feb 2009
It took 3 attemps to put it on my shower enclosure glass panels ( do not try on mosaic tiles, suction pads won't stick) and it has stayed up for more than a week. But I suggest do not try to put heavy bottles of shammpoo, it won't hold them

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice if you are persistant and lucky, 30 Aug 2010
I got this to replace a metallic holder which had started to rust and quite frankly looked a little grim. However, I did not want to start drilling into tiles to fit a screw on bottle holder for the shower. When this product arrived I didi the typical thing of not readingthe instructions and was a little put out to see that it did not stick to the wall. Then after going back to the instructions I managed to get one of the suckers stuck on very firmly and then the other was not on at all. After trying a few locations (same tiles but up a bit and then over a bit) it finally stuck firm. I promptly loaded it with a shower gel bottle, shampoo bottle and one other small bottle. It has stayed up for over a week now without any signs of slipping or weakening. I would therefore recommend this product IF you are not wanting it in a very specific location (i.e. you can live with it a few cm up or down in case it randomly refuses to stick) and are willing to follow the instructions and are willing to be a little patient to start with.
Update, After 2 months it gave up and fell off the wall. After numerous attempts it failed to stick and as a result fell off one time and broke. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars plastic shower caddy, 9 July 2009
This review is from: PowerLock Shower Basket Large (Misc.)
Brilliant! metal ones scratch plastic bath when they 'jump' off the wall. This stays in place and if it did fall would'nt scratch my new spa bath, yipee!!

2.0 out of 5 stars A crash in the middle of the night : there it goes again, 5 Aug 2011
We have panel walls in the shower so this worked fine initially, but we have discovered it falls off about once every 2-4 weeks.
If you look at it every time you go in the shower then you can spot when the first succker gives way and if you stick it back in place straightaway it avoids a crash at a random time (or with the slightest knock) over the next day or two.
Unfortuntely, the rest of the (all-female) houshold fill it up to overflowing but don't stick it back when it is coming loose. so eventually when it fell for the 50th time it broke.
Also, the tiniest irregularity on the edge of the suction ring stops it working and then extreme patience is needed to stick it back by holding in the wrinkled edge. also it needs to be wet to stick well (?hence it falling off eventually).
And it is not cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as it should...., 21 Sep 2009
Very firm lock, holds a decent amount of things. Very happy with it.

PowerLock Shower Basket Large