5.0 out of 5 stars Worked overnight
Published on 17 April 2011 by Valeria

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok but smell's not great
Did it help my poorly scalp? Yes, almost zero dandruff after using this. Still the odd flake though so not perfect. In this category alone I'd give it 8/10.

Published 7 months ago by Ms T

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok but smell's not great, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (Personal Care)

How did it work as a shampoo? It doesn't spread very well, and doesn't lather up very well. On a 2nd pass, it lathered up more though. When you wash it off, it leaves your hair feeling kind of plasticy - not silky smooth - more hard in a way. On the plus side, it made my hair feel stronger, on the minus side, it felt less soft to the touch. As a shampoo I'd give it a 6.5/10

Smell: It has that musty smell that manuka honey has, mixed with baby powder / talcum powder, and something else that reminds me of some kind of spice. It may be the menthol in it (discovered upon an ingredient check). It's sort of an old-fashioned smell that I would imagine old-timey soaps might have had. I think the old-fashioned smell may be the camphor in it? (present in ingredient list). At first sniff I thought it was an ok smell, but the smell is quite strong and when it was following me around all day, the smell started to annoy me. For smell I'd give it a 3/10. The next time I used it, I tried to take the edge off the smell by washing my hair first pass with this, and then a 2nd pass with a nice smelling shampoo, and that helped.

Other points: I love that it's got natural ingredients, no nasty chemicalas like parabens, SLS etc, and that it treats the scalp using natural lovely things like MSM, Rosemary oil and Jojoba oil. The camphor I wasn't that happy about since I know it's toxic when ingested orally, but I guess it's ok if it's applied only externally to your head. On the ingredient list it gets a 9/10 from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked overnight, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (Personal Care)
After trying just about every shampoo on the market for seborrheic dermatitis, I came upon this. After one use, the flaking was almost gone; after two uses, it was entirely gone. I'd tried sulphur shampoos before but they hadn't worked; there must be a particular combination of ingredients in this that is particularly effective. The smell isn't terrific but it's worth putting up with it to have a healthy scalp. I use it with the Jason Biotin conditioner, which may also be helping.

1.0 out of 5 stars dandruff relief shampoo, 14 Jun 2011
I've used this shampoo a number of times and it hasn't made an iota of difference to my dandruff. In fact it even seems worse. I'm very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (Personal Care)
I have found the shampoo helps my itchy scalp. You do smell of matches due to the Sulpher in it, but it's not too bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars anti dandruff, 15 Jun 2013
Quite a good shampoo for my problem. When on my scalp, was tingly and has really seemed to sort out the dandruff. I am happy with it, as it was one of the more reasonably priced for this problem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (Personal Care)
I bought this for my son. The shampoo works but has a lingering smell similar to eggs meaning it's now gathering dust. If the smell was not present and notice by others then this would be a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars it works, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (Personal Care)
Bought this shampoo for my son whose dandruff was just getting worse even when using T/Gel and other prescribed products. This shampoo seems very natural and is very pleasant to use. There are quite a few comments about the smell in the reviews. Agreed the smell is not the best but i find it less intrusive than T/Gel. Use a bit of conditioner and you're fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo for difficult to treat cases, 19 Mar 2013
Much healthier list of ingredients than other shampoos of this genre, and with astonishingly good results on stubborn cases of dry scalp and dandruff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective but strong scent, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (Personal Care)
This is a great product and, like other reviews, it does have a strong scent.... I find using a drop of peppermint oil in the final wash counters this though. My copper highlights seem to be staying a lot brighter for longer than usual too!

5.0 out of 5 stars the cure, 19 April 2012
if you have prolems with scalp or hair, this is the only one, it is the best thing for your scalp,
no sls's. no dandruff, youll start to love it aromatherapy odour, you have to get used to it, i suffered for years, this is your cure, believe me

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›