5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin
Published on 27 Dec 2011 by Mr. N. Coleman

1.0 out of 5 stars Hissing Noise
Found i have a hissing noise when plugged into it. I have to say I will have to do a bit of experimenting to find if its something I am doing?
Published 1 month ago by David A. Wood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 27 Dec 2011
Mr. N. Coleman (SW England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Behringer PS400 Micropower Phantom Power Supply (Electronics)
No problems here. It behaves as one would expect, has a metal enclosure and a power indicator LED. I bought this because I was experiencing issues with my CAD M179 following the replacement of my mixer with a MOTU Hybrid Lite; awful noise was present on the Mic, a cross between rumbling, fizzing and white noise and was over 30dB up on my studio noise, typical levels. It appears to be a common 'issue' (I won't call it a fault) with the M179.

This phantom PSU cured those woes in one simple easy swipe. Adding a 1m XLR myself, it is small enough to mount on the mic stand with a short length of velcro or something similar and be unobtrusive.

Very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly whats stated., 17 July 2012
I was a bit annoyed when I found out my budget PA System didn't have phantom power built in for my condenser mics but I was saved. This product arrived in good time and was dispatched next day. I'm quite happy with the product but considering what it does, I just find it to be pricey. it just supplies power. I might be a bit stupid saying that because it might be a complicated piece of kit but for what it does, I wish the price was a bit more reasonable. That's why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did as expected, clean sound., 9 Aug 2013
I have this running from a Behringer C-3 to an audio interface. No artefacts, clean recordings. Does exactly as required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 20 Sep 2013
I use this in a small studio set up to power a condensor mic. Guess what, it works perfectly! Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need phantom power for your microphone - this is it!, 14 Feb 2014
Edutainer (Hythe, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Well made and simple source of phantom power for audio equipment, at a reasonable price. Purchased to be used with Samson CM11B boundary layer mic but has switchable 12/48 volt power and should work with any phantom powered device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Feb 2014
Tried this alongside professional grade recorder (Tascam HSP82) and two very silent Rode NT1a mics....

Both worked with no difference audio wise - one NT1a fed from 48V recorder and the other

NT1a fed from the PS400.

Very happy with this - its works very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars works like a dream, 14 May 2013
The only thing i would lie to see on this product is some rubberized feet as it slides around the desk easily. The other this is that it looks a lot nicer in real life than it does in this picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
works perfectly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 9 Feb 2014
This item works great with no problems at all.
It turned up on time with no problems.
Im still using it now.

Im very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Behiringer PS400, 1 Feb 2014
Malcolm Lyndsell "Malcolm" (passau) - See all my reviews
This phantom power is really just powering the Microphone. If you already have a mixer or interface with a microphone pre-amp, your onto a winner. if not, you will need a preamp to benefit from a strong signal. Its small solidly built & unobtrusive . Its has a solid metal casing. It is a German design i recon. Neat!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›