5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic funny film
Published on 8 Oct 2007 by love.film.breath.film

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok movie... I guess.
I'm really not the type of girl to enjoy movie which are embarrassing and full of cringey moments but this movie is full of them. It's truly a disaster but at least the cast was good, can't fault them for that.
Published 8 months ago by Sonia

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic funny film, 8 Oct 2007
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
amanda bynes does it again with her shameless comedy roles! a hilarious rom com that involves a tomboy with a passion for football(soccer) that disguises as her twin brother at his college when the coach at her school decides to get rid of the girls football team and tries out for the boys team there (and of course in true chick flick style there is a love interest) being a huge amanda bynes fan due to the fact that she is not afraid to make herself look stupid unlike most teenage girl actors,i think you will find this is a laugh out loud movie that will have you in stitches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adored this!, 11 Oct 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this film. I didn't think I would and had been told this was terrible. The story gets straight to it, which i thought was great, as there are so many films these days that tend to drag it out and out. It's funny from start to finish. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars was that it's a really soppy ending, and I felt that that let the film down pretty badly, they could have done it much better, without me cringing at how it had gone from amazingly good to downright soppyness!

But apart from that i think it's really worth seeing. Amanda Bynes was excellent in it, and I couldn't believe the boy and the girl was the same person, which to me makes a great actor. The boy she's falls in love with (sorry i don't know his name) isn't as good as Amanda, but you still can fall for his uneasiness that he has about her as a boy and as a girl! (plus all the other girls too!) The rest of the cast were very good, and really helped the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really funny and charming Comedy, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I think in the true Life a Girl can not play a Boy. Ok maybe if the Boy would be "from the other field mail number".
But no also then I think she can not, the Difference would be too big.
But however if I do watch a movie I wants be good entertain. And I have been.
The movie is funny and Amanda Bynes charming and very cute.
Also if I am a German I watch the most movies always in the original Language, also if the Americans do
"chew" every word between their Teeth. But in the meantime I am gets used to that.
Although the german Translation here is good, many things come simple better over in the original Language.
Ok, like I said a funny and charming Comedy with a wonderful playing and cute Amanda Bynes, just to recommend.
I'll watch the movie more than one time for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not usually my type of film...but, 31 Dec 2006
Andrew Kerr (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly I would like to point out that 'She's The Man,' is not usually the type of film I go for. Granted I like comedies, but I was not expecting a 12 rated film staring Amanda Bynes to be up to my usual standards. But all I can say after watching it, is that I was shocked, stunned and even slightly surprised with the quality of the film. I won't bore you by going into the details of what the film is about as Amazon has provided a good review above explaining the plot. But I will say that the film is extremly funny from beginning to end. It is both comical and romantic unlike most romcoms I've seen, with sound acting from Amanda who somehow passes very well as a man on screen. So if you fancy watching a good film that will really make you laugh give 'She's The Man,' a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh/ chick flick, 4 Oct 2006
Kay Leslie "or Sarah =]" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I thought that this was going to be rubbish from all the reviews of it, but there was nothing else on at the cinema when i went to see it (apart from Alien Autopsy, and I won't even go there!) I was so glad that i did go to see it because it was really good! Although it is based on Shakespeare's Twelfth night, there is nothing but the VERY basic plot and names to actually link it with this.

Also, I think it is totally different from Amanda Byrnes normal stuff, in a good way, so if you didn't like her previous stuff and this is putting you off, GO FOR IT!!

It has hilarious, laugh out loud moments and i would definetely recommend this to females age 12-32! (though my 7 year old sister and 42 year old mother also loved it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny and enjoyable Shakespeare teen remake, 22 Nov 2007
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
When I first saw this movie I didn't have high hopes about what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that it isn't a boring or ridiculous, meaningless and irritating remake of a classic, but rather a funny and very enjoyable teen movie. The story is loosely based on Shakespeare's Twelth Night, so if you are familiar with the play, then you have an idea about whats going to happen, but what I liked about this movie were the unexpected, surprising turns, and the very funny and laugh out loud way it brought them!

Amanda Bynes is great, and the lead actor is quite the eye candy, and of course all the other supporting characters and actors are great too.

I'm not a teen anymore, I'm 23, but I have seen this movie several times, even with some of my guy friends, and even they liked it.

If you want to spend a rainy afternoon/a cold night after a tiring day with a nice chick flick or just feel the need for some comfort-movie, this one is an excellent choice, you'll soon forget about everything and will just enjoy this light comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 12 Aug 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
this is a great film. everything in this film was good and really really funny. it is a great movie that will always cheer you up, much funnier than other films where people dress up (eg white chicks,) so if you found that funny, you will love this. Its quite cool how the girl really does look like a boy,(her twin brother in the film) she pulled it off. and as a girl was not bad looking either :P

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually really good despite buying it for the wrong reason!, 12 Nov 2007
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
Ok, so I admit to buying this for the only reason of watching Channing (hubba hubba) Channing - because well, he's gorgeous. And putting aside the fact that I find Amanda Bynes cutie-pie, sweeter than sugar, pain-stakingly sickly demeanor completely repulsive - I found that I could actually tolerate her in this and found her to play her character very well and provide a good portion of the laughs throughout the film.
The only downside is the fact that it's set around football or soccer as the American's like to call it.
I think I many possibly be among the very few in the entirety of the UK, to actually despise football and so to watch those scenes was pretty tiresome at times - although thankfully, there are not that many.
Overall, a good chick flick with some nice man-candy moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teen comedy!, 22 Aug 2006
M. Cull "Girls Aloud freak" (Suffolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
This film has to be one of the funniest and most enjoyable teen flicks of all time! I loved every second of it and never wanted it to end! I won't bore you with the synopsis as it has already been given in great detail above and in other reviews! Amanda Bynes is hysterical at playing the part of her twin brother Sebastian and this film will certainly help her make an even higher name for herself in the teen movie world! The additional features on this DVD are also very enjoyable and make the DVD even more worth buying especially the outtakes, deleted scenes and the making of the film! I strongly encourage you to watch this great movie and I can promise you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this film, 22 Jun 2009
L. Artingstall (Forres, Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film a few years ago and i found it absolutely hilliarious!!! I have been recently searching for this film as it was shown on tv recently but unfortunately as i was having a problem with my ariel i had to miss it. I LOVED this film the first time around and am pleased to say it didn't disappoint. Amanda Byrnes is just funny and Channing Tatum is still very very cute!. I'm so happy that i chose this site to search as it took less than a minute to find and only a couple of mins to buy. This is a great chick flick and i will be watching this for years to come. I recommend this film to all girls and even family's as there is the element of football for the boys and Vinnie Jones too.

She's The Man [DVD]
She's The Man [DVD] by Amanda Bynes (DVD - 2006)