5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic funny film
Published on 8 Oct 2007 by love.film.breath.film

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok movie... I guess.
I'm really not the type of girl to enjoy movie which are embarrassing and full of cringey moments but this movie is full of them. It's truly a disaster but at least the cast was good, can't fault them for that.
Published 13 days ago by Sonia L

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic funny film, 8 Oct 2007
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
amanda bynes does it again with her shameless comedy roles! a hilarious rom com that involves a tomboy with a passion for football(soccer) that disguises as her twin brother at his college when the coach at her school decides to get rid of the girls football team and tries out for the boys team there (and of course in true chick flick style there is a love interest) being a huge amanda bynes fan due to the fact that she is not afraid to make herself look stupid unlike most teenage girl actors,i think you will find this is a laugh out loud movie that will have you in stitches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adored this!, 11 Oct 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this film. I didn't think I would and had been told this was terrible. The story gets straight to it, which i thought was great, as there are so many films these days that tend to drag it out and out. It's funny from start to finish. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars was that it's a really soppy ending, and I felt that that let the film down pretty badly, they could have done it much better, without me cringing at how it had gone from amazingly good to downright soppyness!

But apart from that i think it's really worth seeing. Amanda Bynes was excellent in it, and I couldn't believe the boy and the girl was the same person, which to me makes a great actor. The boy she's falls in love with (sorry i don't know his name) isn't as good as Amanda, but you still can fall for his uneasiness that he has about her as a boy and as a girl! (plus all the other girls too!) The rest of the cast were very good, and really helped the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not usually my type of film...but, 31 Dec 2006
Andrew Kerr (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly I would like to point out that 'She's The Man,' is not usually the type of film I go for. Granted I like comedies, but I was not expecting a 12 rated film staring Amanda Bynes to be up to my usual standards. But all I can say after watching it, is that I was shocked, stunned and even slightly surprised with the quality of the film. I won't bore you by going into the details of what the film is about as Amazon has provided a good review above explaining the plot. But I will say that the film is extremly funny from beginning to end. It is both comical and romantic unlike most romcoms I've seen, with sound acting from Amanda who somehow passes very well as a man on screen. So if you fancy watching a good film that will really make you laugh give 'She's The Man,' a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh/ chick flick, 4 Oct 2006
Kay Leslie "or Sarah =]" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I thought that this was going to be rubbish from all the reviews of it, but there was nothing else on at the cinema when i went to see it (apart from Alien Autopsy, and I won't even go there!) I was so glad that i did go to see it because it was really good! Although it is based on Shakespeare's Twelfth night, there is nothing but the VERY basic plot and names to actually link it with this.

Also, I think it is totally different from Amanda Byrnes normal stuff, in a good way, so if you didn't like her previous stuff and this is putting you off, GO FOR IT!!

It has hilarious, laugh out loud moments and i would definetely recommend this to females age 12-32! (though my 7 year old sister and 42 year old mother also loved it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 12 Aug 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
this is a great film. everything in this film was good and really really funny. it is a great movie that will always cheer you up, much funnier than other films where people dress up (eg white chicks,) so if you found that funny, you will love this. Its quite cool how the girl really does look like a boy,(her twin brother in the film) she pulled it off. and as a girl was not bad looking either :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Gobstopping movie of 2006!!, 10 Nov 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
When i first watched it i hired it from the local shop.Me and my friend bought loads of chocolate to have whilst we watched. when we watched it it was stunning and hilariously funny and by the end we both had our mouths open and stared at the screen!! and the chocolate was not touched - unusual for a chocoholic like me!! a Gobstopping movie of 2006!! by it now! i reccomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teen comedy!, 22 Aug 2006
M. Cull "Girls Aloud freak" (Suffolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
This film has to be one of the funniest and most enjoyable teen flicks of all time! I loved every second of it and never wanted it to end! I won't bore you with the synopsis as it has already been given in great detail above and in other reviews! Amanda Bynes is hysterical at playing the part of her twin brother Sebastian and this film will certainly help her make an even higher name for herself in the teen movie world! The additional features on this DVD are also very enjoyable and make the DVD even more worth buying especially the outtakes, deleted scenes and the making of the film! I strongly encourage you to watch this great movie and I can promise you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars WICKED!!!, 4 July 2006
Mr. R. L. Smith "Russell" (Epsom UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this film at the cinema and I loved it! A full on brilliant chick flick that made me laugh lots and lots!

BEST BIT: Just all of the jokes.....the tampon being used to prevent nose bleeds!

WORST BIT: erm......

REASON TO BUY: If you liked Mean Girls

One of those films u can watch again and again....great for sleepovers too!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Girly Movie, 1 Nov 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this movie! I saw it a few times in the cinema and then got it as soon as it came out on DVD. It is really funny in parts and romantic in others - just as a rom-com should be! The complications lead to by Viola pretentending to be a guy are really funny and you laugh out loud loads! Anyone who doesn't like football don't be put off - None of my friends are into football but we all really loved this movie. Great acting again by Amanda Bynes and a lovely modern teen twist on Shakespeare's twelth night.

Chick Flick Princess - 15 yrs old

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 July 2006
This review is from: She's The Man [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this film was very funny, it may seem like a boring idea, being a spin off of shakespeare, but it's really fun and easy to watch.

It's a classic teen film with a twist and some of the situations that occur simply have me in floods of happy tears.

I would recommend this to anyone for a teen night in.

ARRAY(0xae4c9744)

She's The Man [DVD]
She's The Man [DVD] by Amanda Bynes (DVD - 2006)
3.90