5.0 out of 5 stars If you like series one then..
Alright basically series 2 is a lot better than series one which was great, but it takes a wee while to get going, some episodes at the start of series 2 might not seem to tell you that much but just wait until you get to the second half of the season. No those episodes arent on this disk but you jus have to watch them all, it will all be worth it eventually...
Published on 26 Jun 2006 by mick

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Season 2 - very hit and miss
The finale to Lost Season One was great and left me wanting more. Many of the questions from Season One are answered but so many other questions crop up throughout Season Two.

Published on 21 Jun 2006 by The Fault

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like series one then.., 26 Jun 2006
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)

And in the episodes towards the very end you actually get answers to some of the mysteries of the island, which is welcome, but also you get more questions to take their place and that is why we all watch lost anyway isnt it!?! trying to guess why they are all there etc

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Season 2 - very hit and miss, 21 Jun 2006
The Fault - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)

I've been lucky enough to see every episode so I feel I can give a balanced opinion of it. I've never been one of these people who obsess and theorise for hours on end about Lost. I simply watch the show and that's it.

So what can you expect from Season Two? I won't reaveal too much because I don't want to spoil things. The Others feature a lot more (answering a lot of questions but posing several more), new characters appear and there are some fatalities. I'll say no more... watch for yourself!

Season Two starts off quickly, taking off right from where Season One ended, but things go down hill as we approach the middle of the series. I felt that nothing really noteworthy happens in a few epsiodes - there were one or two episodes that have no real effect on the overall storyline (they don't seem to move the stroy forward). Season Two only really picks up again towards the end, particularly the last 4 or 5 episodes (but obviously they don't feature in this box set).

I've always preferred Lost when it focuses more on the island and what's happening on and around it, as opposed to the episodes that focus more of the characters backgrounds via several long-winded flashbacks (which we get every episode but not always as the main focus).

Overall, Season Two is a bit hit and miss, much like Season One in my opinion (an opinion that might not please many). I've never been completely taken in by the show like many. I found some episodes to be slightly lacking but when things step up a gear Lost is gripping TV. At it's best, fantastic. At it's worst, average. Lost can be extremely clever and the way that things link together is very effective but it just loses its way slighly in the middle third of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid continuation from season 1, without pulling out many stops, 23 Jun 2006
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The second season of the show, continues the castaways fight against the others. Clever episodes linking the castaways lives furthur enhances interest as the show progresses. Part 1 of the show is however slow and does not progress the story fast enough is my opinion. Part 2 does not have this problem and, like the previous season speeds towards the ending.

There are two minor downfalls in the season. The ending doesnt have the excitement and shock that the first season had. It made me think 'oh,ok' and that was it.

It also appears that JJ doesnt know what to do with his all star cast. Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Lock and Anna Lucia now appear to be the major 5. Charlie, Sayid and Hurley are downgraded and shown less attention. If the story line seems to be slowing or losing excitement he decides to kill someone off, and introduce someone else.

The major highlight, like the first season, are the episodes that explore Hurley's past.

In conclusion, as good as the ground-breaking first season, without the ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's down the hatch, you say?, 17 Jun 2006
m.bison (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I know what you want to know. What's down the hatch? Well, I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I will set you this challenge. Think back to the great cliff-hanger from season 1 (the hatch has finally been blown open by dynamite) and try to come up with the most creative and imaginative idea you can for what could be down there. I guarantee you that whatever you come up with, it won't be as good as what the writers of Lost came up with. I will say this, though: the washing machine was a great touch!

The things that made the first series of Lost a word-of-mouth phenomenon do not fizzle out in series 2. Instead, they get stronger. Big questions are answered with even bigger questions. Clues are everywhere - on the belly of a shark, on the label of a medicine bottle and in the total sum of adding Hurley's lottery numbers together. New characters appear with a great twist and some of their back stories are the best so far.

If you've seen series 1 and you're considering buying part one of series 2, there's no question as to whether or not you should. I have seen the first 12 episodes of season 2, and its much more compulsive and addictive. I watched the 12 shows in marathon sessions, waiting patiently for answers. I would recommend buying the box set because when you see things like the dead priests in the private plane linking up with a great back story and when you see things like a missing reel of film from the hatch's initiation/welcome film, you just have to keep going. You can't possibly wait another week for your next fix!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really picks up pace as it goes along, 22 Jun 2006
John Kimble (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been lucky enough to watch series 2 in its entirety and I can honestly say that I was not disappointed with the follow up to the first 24 episodes. Season 1 brought us the now well used serial format used by 24, Prison Break etc, but with a twist. Never before has a series been so uniquely composed asking so many questions and giving few answers while still managing to keep the viewer intrigued and desperate for the next episode.

Series 2 goes 'behind the hatch' discovered towards the end of series 1. The first few episodes follow along nicely from what has went before until we get bogged down, only a little!! by only a few weak episodes, before the action and mystery pick up again as more of the island and its secrets are revealed at an alarming pace. The season finale which draws together the last two episodes are superb and should leave any fan longing for season 3 which for me cannot come quickly enough.

Season 2 continues to add more depth to the characters introduced in the 1st. The contrast between the personalities their backgrounds and the seemingly never ending plot twists provide a potent formula for the viewer. The locations used for shooting, background music and direction all come together well to make this a strong 2nd season

As a fan of the show and the concept I would strongly recommend Lost. To those who have seen season 1 be ready for more of those ' I didn't see that coming' moments and to those who haven't seen the show before, why don't you use the summer to watch season 1 and catch up before diving into season 2. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 11 Jun 2006
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Seriously i would recommened these too series to anybody probably the best TV series i have ever seen, going to have to buy both series!! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargin, 30 Aug 2006
R. Bettison - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Buena Vista helpfully have split Lost season 2 in the UK into 2 handy packages, if you buy them both it costs you 51.98 and part 2 isn't out until October.

The region 1 (US) release comes in 1 package, is out on the 5th of September and at current exchange rates (30th Aug @ 9:00) costs you 20.44

Thanks for proving rip-off Britain doesn't exist, never mind we keep paying for it and they will keep charging it.

The series is really good but there's no way it justifies that level of overcharging.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great first time, 18 July 2006
M. Undre (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched the entirety of season 2, and overall, its great. The season finale will have you gasping for more. And things get weirder and even more perplexing.

But this is not the point. If you are considering buying part 1 of season 2 there are a number of things to consider. Firstly certain episodes tend to be more relevant than others, second, the series moves painstakingly slowly. And thirdly, and most importantly, the 'rewatchableness' of LOST is close to being non-existent.

If you buy any lost box set you will fly through the episodes the first time and want to know more and buy part 2, but I doubt you will watch it again and that's why it only gets three stars. Not because it isn't compelling and perplexing, but rather its only great the first time around.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TV SHOW EVER!!, 24 Jun 2006
S. Keefe "ste_21uk" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
IT WAS ABOUT ONE MONTH AGO WHEN I WAS FLICKING THROUGH THE TV CHANNELS TO SEE WHAT WAS ON AND I NOTICED THAT LOST WAS JUST ABOUT TO START...SO I THOUGHT THAT ID WATCH IT TOO SEE WHAT ALL THE HYPE WAS ABOUT, ALL I CAN SAY WAS IM GLAD I DID..EVEN THOUGH IT WAS IN THE SECOND SERIES AND 4TH EPISODE I DIDNT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON, BUT EQUALLY THE SAME I REALLY, REALLY ENJOYED IT, THE NEXT DAY I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE ENTIRE FIRST SERIES ON DVD..EVRY EPISODE IS JUST TOTALLY AMAZING & GRIPPING AND LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE..SOME PEOPLE SAY THIS IS POSSIBLY THE BEST TV SHOW TO HIT THE SCREENS..NO...IT IS THE BEST EVER TV DRAMA...I HONESTLY CANT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE THATS BEEN ON TV THAT IS AS GOOD AS THIS..I ALSO CANT SEE ANYTHING ELSE EVER BEING AS GOOD AS THIS..I JUST HOPE THAT THEY MAKE MANY, MANY MORE SERIES OF THIS, AS THERE IS STILL ALOT OF PATHS THEY CAN TAKE, MANY MORE MYSTRIES TO BE SOLVED - AS WELL AS NEW MYSTRIES...NEW CHARACTERS...TWISTS AND TURNS, THE SKYS THE LIMIT..J.J ABRAMS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

3.0 out of 5 stars The British Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The main reason why I purchased this is because it's got Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in it. The series has shades of 'The Twilight Zone' in it, and with eye candy like Evangeline Lilly and Michelle Rodriguez each episode becomes watchable. I particularly enjoyed the backstory of Mr. Eko and felt that he was the most engaging. The series considers the possibility of what life would be like if an airplane crashed into the sea and the survivors had to live out the rest of their lives on a remote island. This has shades of Rod Serling's 'The New People' series, but better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD]
Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD] by Emilie De Ravin (DVD - 2006)
19.90