Format: DVD|Change

on 1 November 2003
I recently saw Gone in the Night when it came on Channel 5 (UK) and I really enjoyed it.
Shannen Doherty's acting as a mother was fabulous. I knew that this was based on a true story and I don't think it could have been protrayed any better than it was.
I recommend this to Doherty fans, or anyone who likes watching films based on tre stories like me. This is a very moving film and for some it may make you shed some tears.
on 5 February 2010
I absolutely loved this filmand first watched half of it on the true movies channel but they only showed half the film as it ended with a 'to be continued' and I never saw the second half so I just had to get this on DVD. I'm so glad I did to as it's an amazing story that will leave you in disbelief at what can happen with the police and media. I won't say anymore as don't want to give the story away but I would definately recommend this to anyone who loves to watch a truely great true movie and even though it is 3 hours long it kept me hooked the whole time. Watch it!
on 27 January 2001
'Gone in the night' is the true story of a couple in America. Shannen Doherty plays Cyndi Dowoliby and her performance of the distraught Mother is amazingly touching. Her daughter is taken out of her bed one night, the kidnapper leaving no trace apart from a broken window. The police, failing to carry out the right procedure on entering the home to investigate, turn on the Dowoliby's and arrest them and take their little boy into a home. They lie and twist stories to make people believe the parents killed their daughter. It was shocking that the police actually did this and the story line along with Shannen's emotional performance will make you cry and feel so sorry for the real parents.
VINE VOICEon 25 October 2010
First came across this film starring Shannen Doherty and Kevin Dillon on the true movies channel. The story of a couple whose daughter goes missing has more twists and turns when it appears the police are framing the couple.But this to find out more and you'll be glued i assure you. Wonderful acting by the 2 main stars. very sad, very moving stuff.
on 15 January 2015
A very compelling story that takes you into the depth of your emotions, A young child is kidnapped and killed by a stranger in the night. So much happens that the parents are taken to court and charged with murder, Now the fight is on with full on action by the mother and father, They lose everything to fight the courts they even lose their son to social services. I rated this an A grade plus for the suspense that continues throughout the entire show having your emotions running high with your heart going out to all. The actors are fantastic the storyline is based on a true story and the real parents are there at the end of the movie. So I have told you something about this movie but there is a lot more hell to go through but my lips are sealed, It's your turn to make a move and gather up the popcorn and movie don't forget the tissues, sit and relax put your feet up, but don't let your emotions get the best of you, A marvellous show for all to see.
on 25 March 2008
I warn you that if you are looking for a good film, you've found more than just a good film here. This is one of the most emotional films I have ever watched. It is the tragic tale of murder, corruption and injustice. At over three hours long this film takes you on such an emotional rollercoaster ride.

I didn't stop crying at all watching this film and actually continued to cry for a half hour after it was finished. This movie is based on a true story and you'll find yourself wishing that you could have done something to help the people involved.

Shannen Doherty gives an amazing performance, as does Kevin Dillion. But Shannen is the one to watch.

I recommend this to anyone who wants to see a film that is truly touching but can handle the reality that accompanies it. One of my favourite films.
on 31 January 2013
this was a great true story quite shocking what they had to go through Shannen Doherty did a great acting job in this movie. This can be had to find so if you like this sort of thing just buy it and enjoy.
on 12 February 2014
Bought this film because of Shannen. And she truly does not disappoint. She owns the screen. And the film. Kevin Dillon is not bad either.
on 23 October 2014
Subtitle was not available for deaf people , so didn't watch it and gave it to a family member .
on 9 December 2014