Format: DVDChange

on 13 December 2011
The first of two box sets of Marx Brothers films, the other box is the films they made for MGM so this means you get their first 6 films up to Duck Soup (which bombed and the studio dropped them) and two late career duds that don't fit anywhere else... The first two films, Animal Crackers and Cocoanuts may seem a little stagey but that is because they are adaptations of their popular Broadway shows. Rounding out the box set is two films they made late in their careers, Love Happy sees the 3 Marx Brothers take on an exceptional bad script, not dreadful but uninspired and thin on the laughs, but A Girl In Every Port is truly bad and seems completely devoid of humour, I say that having got to about 11 minutes before I could take no more. Curiously these are the only two films where Groucho grew a real moustache, spooky huh?
on 16 March 2015
What a good price for this collection of Marx Brothers films. Trying not to view the films all at once but its hard. The sound and picture quality at times is a little flat but what do you expect. The one liners are to die for still.
on 8 September 2011
I enjoyed the Marx Brothers when young so was very curious to see how I felt now. Well, I certainly wasn't disapointed. They are very funny in a way I didn't see before.
on 7 February 2015
Hysterical and so happy my son finds it just as crazy. It is a particular sort of funny and you have to be ready for the random singing and music mid scene but all adds to the craziness of it all. Makes us cry with laughter.
on 24 December 2013
The Marx Brithers never fail to amuse and this box set contains a lot of their best films. It used to be tradition to watch their films on terrestrial tv over the Christmas period. Now you can watch them whenever you want
on 23 January 2015
Brilliant gift. I actually got something right.
on 10 March 2010
Being a Marx bros fan forever, I bought this box set just to complete my collection with Room Service and Love Happy. Its price is a true bargain, as you get 8 movies (including some of their best ones,like Duck Soup and Animal Crackers) inside a very elegantly designed box. Strongly recommended for fans as well as classic comedy lovers.
on 15 February 2014
Happy collection for all of us Marxists. Gives Marx from the early works to the last one, with Haro as central character, and a young Vera Ellen dancing our heartsaway
on 3 July 2014
I adore these guys. It doesn't matter how many times I watch them, their humour is timeless. Humour without profanity. Young comedians could learn from the Marx Bros.
on 11 May 2014
excellent value for the money,fast delivery,great watching the marx brothers again,highly recommended item.another great box set for my collection.thank you.