5.0 out of 5 stars Roobarbs' Return
Published on 11 Sep 2007 by Zorba1

1.0 out of 5 stars Mistaken Identity
Published 18 months ago by Dr Asa Breed

5.0 out of 5 stars Roobarbs' Return, 11 Sep 2007
This review is from: Roobarb And Custard Too, Volume 1 - Here Comes Trouble [DVD] (DVD)
I must confess, it took me a few weeks to realize that this was not the original that I had watched as a child. However, I can confirm that it is every bit as wonderful as before and I am enjoying just as much as I did 30 years ago. The theme tune starts up and you are transported to the 1970's with zany plots, crazy characters and Richard Briers. I have no hesitation is recommending this to anyone and am eagerly waiting for Vol.2 to drop through my letterbox. My kids love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roobarb's back! And so is Custard, 29 Mar 2010
Anyone who grew up in the 70s will remember the zany cartoon antics of Roobarb & Custard. Roobarb the bright green dog who invents crazy machines in the garden shed and his arch nemesis Custard the purple cat who is always on hand to throw a comedy spanner in the works. This new series of shows carries on where most of us left off in our childhood; great puns and wordplay for all the kids in the room and a huge dollop of nostalgia for everyone else, fun for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rootastic!, 29 Mar 2010
Mad mayhem from the much-loved back garden characters of my childhood. I have seen the occasional episode from this new series on channel 5's Milkshake! and enjoyed them as much as the kids. The animation's all wonky as you'd expect and the brilliant Richard Briers is a genius. Great fun and silly word play. More please!

5.0 out of 5 stars childhood revisited and not disappointed, 27 Mar 2013
Even better than I remember and my own kids are now obsessed with it. Fantastic to hear the lovely late Richard Briers' voiceover too. What a fabulous story teller!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab and Fun, 17 April 2012
Bought both for grandson this was as good as I remember. My grandson loved to. Would recommend to buy both volume 1 and 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, 25 Mar 2013
I chose this DVD as the series was part of my childhood and I wanted to share it with my godson who I bought the DVD for

4.0 out of 5 stars happy days, 19 Oct 2011
Super blast from the past, brought back happy memories from my childhood that I hope I can pass onto my children! U can't beat the older style of cartoon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mistaken Identity, 21 Jan 2013
When I ordered the item I was aware that a 'new version' had been made, so this was a gamble....would it be the old one from the 70's? In the 60s and 70s there were fantastic comics like The Beezer, The Topper, The Lion (which became The Lion & Thunder) and comics like Jerry Anderson's fantastic Century 21. These were so good they used to get as much attention as the daily papers, if not more. In the same way, the entire family used to gather to watch The Clangers, which believe it or not had the same pulling power as Star Trek! These cultural icons appealed to young & old alike. A common feature of them all was a kind of quaint 'English' charm. The last kids' tv shorts series which fell into this bracket was 'Roobarb & Custard' in the 70s, with the wobbly animation, daft humour, simple silly stories and of course Richard Briers narrating. The dvd which I purchased was the 'new' Roobarb & Custard produced in Eire in 2005. Disney have (I believe) been doing the same sort of thing with 'Winnie the Pooh - The Sequel'. Maybe I have changed, and I would no longer find the original funny. It's still got Mr Briers, and it still wobbles, but the quaint humour was (for me, anyway) a gonner. Maybe it is for everybody in the age of mobiles and computers, after all the first electronic calculators looked to all of us like a miracle. Never mind, a charity shop will be the benificiary and maybe a new generation will enjoy this new version in a way that I cannot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes nostalgia is best lest in the past, 26 Mar 2010
S. Reynolds (UK) - See all my reviews
I have fond memories of my childhood TV viewing - Play Away on a Saturday afternoon, Paddington Bear, Bagpuss and Roobarb and Custard. At less than a fiver, I thought that this would be a trip down memory lane for me. Instead, I was presented with a dodgy re-make of a classic. The trouble with re-visiting the past is that it rarely lives up to what you remember, and re-makes are even worse. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 15 Oct 2010
Mrs. J. Ray "rayo" (england) - See all my reviews
i bought this for my grandsons they enjoyed it,it was in good condition,quick to arrive,and cheap

Roobarb And Custard Too, Volume 1 - Here Comes Trouble [DVD]