5.0 out of 5 stars You live and learn
I started building pcs a while ago. I've learnt that you can pay between 10 and 15 pounds for a 120mm case fan and it's not that great and sounds like a hovercraft.
Or you can pay between 10 and 15 pounds for a good one.
The Sharkoon Silent Eagle is one of the good ones (see also Noctua fans and Akasa Apaches)
I have a pc that used to sound like it was...
Published on 15 July 2010 by John Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment.
Published on 30 Mar 2011 by R. G. Morrison

5.0 out of 5 stars You live and learn, 15 July 2010
John Williams (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25) (Personal Computers)
Or you can pay between 10 and 15 pounds for a good one.
I have a pc that used to sound like it was trying to take off. I replaced the LED fans with Sharkoons and now it is virtually silent and several degrees cooler.
The fan is well built and has a golf ball effect on the blades. This is supposed to increase the amount of air it shifts and seems to do what it claims.
I can't recommend this fan highly enough. Use them and you won't regret it. John Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fan, 9 Oct 2009
S. Grange (England) - See all my reviews
I recently bought 2 of these and they are great. The airflow through my case is now really good. I've got one as an intake fan on the front of the case and one of these as an exhaust at the rear of the case. There are small arrows on the side of the fan to indicate direction of airflow.

My temperatures have, as hoped, dropped quite a bit. My previous fans only ran at 300-400 rpm so getting some 1000rpm fans has really helped.

Installation was very easy - I chose to use the rubber inserts instead of screws and I was surprised how well they hold the fan in place. It doesn't move at all.

The noise level is also very very quiet. I have my case on top of my desk about 40 cm away from my keyboard and I can't hear the fans at all.

Overall, very good fans, I would highly recommend these if you want some quiet fans that produce some good airflow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 21 Jun 2010
I bought this to fit the front of the PC to bring cool air into the machine. I had to open my PC a couple of times after installing this, I really thought that it wasn't spinning because it made hardly any noise at all. But there it was working away silently, wafting a cool breeze over my hard drives and dropping their temps by 10 degrees each. Wow! A must buy if you only have a rear fan. My motherboard also dropped by 10 degrees and if I am working the machine intensely then as soon as I turn off those applications it helps tp quickly drop the temps back down to idle values. Air circulation is optimized and at no cost to the noise level of your machine, you know I might just change that rear fan for a 80mm Sharkoon!
My advice is get one! Or Two!...

5.0 out of 5 stars Shhhhhhh, 24 Mar 2009
P. Rodgers (Heathrow, England) - See all my reviews
I bought two of the 120mm and 1 of the smaller 92mm fans. I have my PC in the front room and it needs to be the strong silent type. After installing these it was only my power supply that wasn't up to the task. They are standard fit and easy to install. They came with an interesting easy to use silicone rubber kit to cut down on vibration and a set of standard screws as well, if you want to go old school. Also in the pack was a 3 pin to 4pin molex cable if you need it. They don't shift masses of air but what they do shift they do quietly. Not at all like the "leafblowers" that I had before. If you need to hear yourself think then these are the fans for you. I am well pleased with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case Fan, 24 Jan 2012
Alec (Yarm, England) - See all my reviews
Length:: 5:17 Mins

Done the little video showing what you get and fitting. If the rubber grommets aren't suitable it does come with 4 fan screws. It also has a spare rubber grommet in case one snaps. The fan compared to previous Ive had runs nearly silent, and shifts a good amount of air thru the case. Temps within the case are about 5c above room temp. The fan lead thou could have been longer, my old motherboard was an Asus and the leads wouldn't have been long enough for that either. I'd recommend some fan extension cables as well, its what I've bought to tidy things up. Great fan and the golf ball styling fins do work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as silent as expected, 22 April 2013
I have recently been through the process of trying to, as near as possible, silence my PC as it is to now be used as a HTPC. The PC was noisy and sounded like a wind tunnel as all fans and PSU were stock.

First, I replaced the power supply which made a great difference and then the CPU cooler. At this point, I unplugged the stock fans and tested so just the PSU and CPU cooler were running and it was SILENT. This meant all I had to do was replace the two 120mm stock case fans with silent fans and I had cracked it.

As always, I spent many hours reading reviews on Amazon and Google and finally settle on the Sharkoon Silent Eagle. When the fans arrived I fitted them and was a tad disappointed that they were louder than expected. They were only three pin as well so I knew I couldn't reduce the RPM. A bit of Googling and I found that the voltage of 3 pin case fans can be reduced (from 12v to 7 or 5v) by using an adapter. In the end I bought two InLine® Fan adapter cable, InLine®, 12V -> 7V, 0.3m and the fans are now at the sound level I was expecting. Temps don't seem to have been affected much by the drop in speed but I don't do much intensive work.

All in all, for the price, plus an additional £3 for the adapters, this product is worthwhile if you want a near silent PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, 22 Sep 2012
Comes with both 3 pin MB and 4 pin Molex connectors plus fan speed connector (if using molex for power). Run very quiet but still produce good airflow.

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment., 30 Mar 2011
R. G. Morrison "Pyrrho" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this Silent Eagle 1000 to replace the front case Cooler Master fan that came with the Cooler Master Elite 430 case. I live in a very quite room, and my previous PC, a Dell E520, was very quite. So I got a Cooler Master Silent Pro M PSU, and an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro cpu cooler to replace the standard Intel fan - I'm very pleased with both - they're very quiet. So I thought I'd eliminate the last bit of noisy gear with this Silent Eagle, but mine is certainly not silent - this one's flapping its wings! I fitted it with the metal screws first, as there wasn't much room for manipulation to fit the rubber bolts. But then I managed to fit the rubber bolts, expecting the noise level to drop a bit, but it didn't. It's not a noisy fan, but it sounds just like a standard fan. So as it claims to be 'silent', only three stars.Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 10 Oct 2013
Works well. The fan is Silent and effective. Rubber bolts are a bit awkward, so I used my own normal bolts instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 Jan 2013
excellent product would buy again.excellent looking for and works perfectlylooks great in the tower would buy another 2for my next pc build

Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25)