5.0 out of 5 stars Educational puzzle
I bought this puzzle for my 4yr old son who loves puzzles. Both he and my 6yr old son enjoyed doing this puzzle, it wasn't too easy and is lovely and colourful with hard wearing pieces. The only thing that would make it even better is if the animals were named as some were a bit difficult to work out and we did notice a few animals missing such as a panda from China.
Published on 9 April 2009 by K. O'Smotherly

Published 1 month ago by Kauhuhu

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational puzzle, 9 April 2009
K. O'Smotherly (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ravensburger Puzzle Animals of the World Giant Floor Puzzle (60 Pieces) (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Puzzle for children and their parents, 25 Jan. 2009
C. Martins (Portugal) - See all my reviews
My daughters (4y and 2y) absolutely love this puzzle. They are not yet in a stage where they pay attention to countries but they do to the animals in each one of them! Recommend it to preschool children AND their parents!

4.0 out of 5 stars Animal puzzle, 4 Jan. 2010
Marko Kiiski - See all my reviews
After some initial help, my 4 year old nephew now puts this puzzle together all by himself. Animals help to some extent but the best part are th big pieces that make the puzzle easy to handle for a 4 year old. In addition, the pieces are sturdy and fit well together so I expect the puzzle to last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars EDUCATIONAL JIGSAW, 23 April 2010
C. Stewart - See all my reviews
I bought this jigsaw for my 3 year old daughter. She is a little young to put it together on her own, so we sit as a family and put it together. It is very educational as she is learning which parts of the world some animals originate from and it also helps her to understand that we live in a large world and the United Kingdom is tiny in comparison of the rest of the world. We can also show her which countries where we have travelled to.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant gift, 11 Nov. 2010
this is a very good educational gift for a youngster , its well made , good quality , and a very useful toy that should give plenty of hours of fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely puzzle, 26 Dec. 2013
I gave this as a gift to friends of mine with twins. We did it together. the girls are aged 4 and one stayed the course and did the entire puzzle with a bit of guidance. the other lost interest half way through. I think the interest level depends on the child. The puzzle is made of thick card and the pictures are bright , clear and colorful. It ends up with a lovely world map with animals which gives you lots of opportunity too talk about the places and the animals. You can get the child to find the different animals and then find out more about the different places and animals too. you can take the educational element as far as you like. Puzzles are great for developing hand eye co-ordination, observation and are also a great thing to do together with your child.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spelling mistake, anatomically incorrect species and a failed response from the jigsaw company, 2 Feb. 2015
There is a spelling mistake on both the jigsaw and the box - Antartic - where is that? When I contacted Ravensburger to convey my disappointment they failed to respond. I can just about forgive tropical fish being in the Arctic (spelt correctly) and a whale that looks like a Sperm Whale being labelled as a Blue Whale but I draw the line at spelling mistakes - especially from a renowned company as Ravensburger. Not convinced with the comments giving it 5 stars as a good educational tool - [also] when a few choice countries are intermixed with continents - how can that teach children good basic cartography/navigation?

5.0 out of 5 stars Playful and educational, 12 Feb. 2014
A. M. Fifield "titanne" (England) - See all my reviews
My 4 year old granddaughter loves puzzles, and this one was stretching her abilities, even though she is bright. I explained to her about starting with the corners and edges and to keep checking the picture on the box. She managed to do it with some help the first time. It's also educational, because you can use the puzzle to learn about the world (where do I live? where does Auntie live?), the different continents and the types of animals that live there.
I'm sure the children will enjoy playing with this again and again, and the parents will be teaching the the other knowledge!

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps the kids happy, 8 Jun. 2013
This puzzle has large pieces, and my 4 year old loves playing with it. He has no problems handling the pieces, and putting them together to make the puzzle. My 18 month old also enjoys playing with the puzzle, again the pieces are large enough for him to easily handle them, though he needs a little assistance to find the right pieces and put them together. They love the animals on the puzzle, and its great for them to learn the countries around the world too. Great purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Piece!!, 2 Mar. 2015
Missing Piece!! I suggested this as a gift for my father in law to buy for my son for his birthday. It arrived in good time but we were very disappointed to find that there was a missing piece. As my elderly father in law bought the gift I do not wish to upset him by asking him to return it so it was a complete waste of his time and money and upsetting for my son.