5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny
I bought this for my 2 year old as a Christmas present and what a good choice it was. The construction was very easy to follow with no bits left over very sturdy and good quality but the end result was when my son seen it he played for 3 hours before opening any other toy! I rate this a big hit with kids who like to bang things best buy shome ear-plugs for yourself.
Published on 14 Jan. 2010 by D. Richardson

2.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
Its well made, durable, colourful and much nicer than plastic ones.
Published on 20 Aug. 2011 by honest reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 14 Jan. 2010
D. Richardson (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Many hours of constructive fun, 8 Jan. 2014
James Murty (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
My toddler has had many, many hours of fun with this sturdy construction set.

He has had it for over nine months and as he approaches his second birthday the kind of play changes, in line with his increasing skill and strength, but it has been a favourite the whole time and gets many hours of play time every week. He even uses the wooden tools to help me "fix" various things around the house when they need attention.

A slight knock against the kit is that it's hard to build anything in particular with the included pieces other than a basic four-legged "table". Mostly it's a matter of assembling random shapes and combinations. That hasn't bothered the boy though, it just makes it a little less fun for me to play with...

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 5 Jun. 2011
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
I'm sure that when i'm finished playing with it my son will love it ;-). I don't think that even my little demolition monster can destroy this one it's pretty sturdy. Really easy to build.

2.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 20 Aug. 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
Its well made, durable, colourful and much nicer than plastic ones.
Downside - There just are not enough pieces to construct anything at all, my little boy can screw the pieces together and makes - nothing - (you can see from the picture what can be constructed - not a lot. Needs redesigning to include some wheels etc which could be used to make something familir such as a car. OVERALL was very pleased when it first arrived as it looks nice, but there is no point to it once the skills of screwing, hammering and banging have been achived. Now sits in the corner of room getting dusty - little boy lost interest (he is nearly 3)

Two toys I have bought from PINTOY now that are dissapointing and wont be spending any more money on them. Wanted something different than the plastic rubbish in the shops but unfortunately, although these PINTOY wooden toys are astetically pleasing they are not well designed and thought out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden workbench, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
Bought this as a Xmas present for my 19 month old. Figured it would be durable enough to last until he's older to get full use out of it. I have to say this has been the number one most successful present with him and his five year old brother. Both played with it for a couple of hours non-stop when first put together. Older one was able to easily build stuff - younger one tried putting bolts together and using screwdriver (the hammer has been confiscating to protect the TV). They are still happy to play with it on and off when we put it in the middle of the room. Looks quite attractive so don't mind it being out on display (compared to the usual piles of plastic nonsense). Tray underneath holds all the bits. Also bought a separate tool box from Melissa and Doug as other comments suggested there weren't that many things you could build with the bits provided. The bolts on this other set are smaller (thinner but longer) but do work OK with the workbench. This extends the playability quite a bit for only another few pounds. Its quite a good focal point for their play and they are both incorporating other toys into the workbench based games - Yoda and Chewbacca have both been involved somehow. Based on a couple of weeks experience I'd say this is likely to be a popular toy for quite a while. On this basis its good value for money. Delivery and packaging all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
My daughter-in-law did the research and found this advertised on Amazon. I ordered it on a Friday and it was delivered on the Monday. Perfect condition and our now-2-year-old grandson LOVES it! I was a bit worried that it would be too big for their central London flat but the family feel that it fits in well. It looks attractive but, more to the point, our grandson spends a lot of time playing with the different parts.

4.0 out of 5 stars construction area, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
as an owner of a nursery, we were developing the childrens constrution area, this has proved to be a good product for all our little bob the builders. delivery was quick

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
I brought this wooden workbench for my sons 3rd birthday and im soooo pleased with it....I managed to build it on my own so very easy to put together, great quality and just fab all round.....only thing that i will say about it is like others have said you dont get many of the wooden bits to build something but my son doesn't seem to mind. Highly recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars kid proof, 28 April 2010
Mr. Trevor Cooper "anchovie" (bottom of the food chain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
I was looking for a childs work bench and was attracted to this because of the maker. We already had a Pintoy fire engine which has proved extremely durable with well thought out play features.

The workbench looks just as sturdy and whilst it seems expensive, I'm sure we'll get years of use from it.

Good stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but probably a short-lived favourite, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: PINTOY - Workbench (Toy)
A well made bench that holds the attention of our two-year old grandson at the moment. All the tools are well used. A little more thought by the manufacturers to enable the youngsters to produce an actual object that they could identify - say a box or a car - would probably ensure that the attraction was more enduring. As it stands, it will probably not be a favourite in six months time.

PINTOY - Workbench