4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected!
I bought one of these for my 7 year old daughter before I saw the rather negative review here on Amazon. I was worried that I had bought a rubbish Christmas present, but was pleasantly surprised.

Published on 26 Dec 2007 by D. Ashford

2.0 out of 5 stars Just too much of a fiddle to use!
Published on 9 Nov 2007 by Rainbow1Gold

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected!, 26 Dec 2007
D. Ashford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)

It took a few minutes to set up the first time but my little girl got to grips with it very quickly. The eyepiece comes with a removable cover which blacks out one eye. Out of the box, this cover is fitted and that's how we used it. If you remove it and use both eyes it seems to be much trickier to use, which sounds like the problem that the other reviewers were having.

You do need to be careful to keep still while tracing, but it is not too difficult to realign the projected image if you need to take a break.

After a little practice my daughter was turning out some really accurate drawings (even I managed to get it to work!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Arty Kids, 18 Mar 2011
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
This was purchased for an 11yr old girl that loves all sorts of arts and crafts. This entertained her for the full day she was drawing everything she could and was full of enthusiasm. She loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars HELP FOR OTHERS........., 28 Dec 2009
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
I bought this second hand as the person was frustrated with it...like many others

I put the supergrafix together for my 5 yr old boy who enjoys drawing and it SEEMED it was useless. So i took the time to read some reviews about the product as all didnt seem right.

There are 3 pieces of film that cover the mirrors (i took it off both side of small mirror) not realising that the large inner reflective cover is a film cover too.

Take this off............underneath is a much clearer mirror that will make the supergrafix work how it should do.

THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE ARE GOING WRONG WITH THIS PRODUCT.

Son went from frustrated to very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Draw for Children, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
This was bought for my granddaughter - and within minutes of opening it and setting it up, she was making stunning drawings simply by tracing - first one of the samples supplied, and then from a photograph. It is very easy to use - the superimposition of picture to be copied over the dawing paper works perfectly. She has also successfully traced someone posing for her, instead of copying a picture - and this is the first step in learning to draw from 'real life'. It is an excellent tool - I hesitate to call it a toy - and exceptional value for money. (I think if there were an 'adult' version - I might be tempted myself ... )

5.0 out of 5 stars John Adams Super Graphix, 14 April 2009
Mr. J. R. Hicks "Jacobuzz" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter and I am amazed. All of the family had a go and we had a lot of fun with it with amazing pictures of each other being drawn. Definitely worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super grafix, 4 May 2009
Mrs. A. C. Short (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
The Super Grafix put a huge smile on my daughters face. She is a budding artist so this was a fab present for her birthday. Much enjoyment has become of this gift, think its a brill "game/toy" to help those that want to be able to learn to draw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
I has read all the reviews and was a little dubious about buying this, Yes it is plasticky however most things are these days. My daughter has not put it down since xmas day. She put it together on her own and has used it for pretty much everything. Well used and well loved item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just too much of a fiddle to use!, 9 Nov 2007
Rainbow1Gold (Perthshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
I bought this for my 11 year old daughter. It was tricky to set up and even more difficult to use. If your eye changes focus you change your line of drawing and the whole thing doesn't work. It is also a strain on the eyes trying to focus on two images at the same time. My daughter used it once then gave up on it. I used it once then gave up on it. My younger daughter age 8 tried to use it but could not keep her eye focused on the image. We put our Supergrafix in the bin. It certainly wasn't super and was a waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and great fun, 24 Aug 2009
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
The super grafix is absolutely fine. We did have a slight problem getting the correct angle to view the image so the drawing fitted on to the page below but once it was set up it was great. I think you must remember to remove ALL the sticky film coatings from ALL 3 mirror surfaces or the image will not be clear. I suspect some disappointed users may have left one of these on as what they described would fit with a blurry image. There is film coating on BOTH sides of the small mirror!!!
It's a great toy - maybe should have some more thorough instructions but otherwise very useable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Over-priced but does the job, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: John Adams SuperGraph (Toy)
I found this to be over-priced for what it was (cheap-looking plastic with a couple of mirrors) and to be honest I didn't hold out much hope that it was going to still be in one piece by the end of the day.
Having said that, it does deliver what it promises and my son (aged 8) absolutely loves it! I literally can't drag him away from it, and after having a little go myself was very impressed with how it works.
So, in summary, provided it lasts and doesn't fall apart when we try to transport it away from the kitchen table, I would say this is a great piece of kit for the budding artist or creative genius in your home.
Would definitely recommend.