4.0 out of 5 stars Suits me, 24 July 2009
E. J. Quin (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon WP-DC5 Waterproof Case For Digital IXUS 800 IS (Accessory)
Bulky but does the job. It allows me to take my much-loved Canon IXUS 800 IS to sandy and windy places. My previous digital camera came a cropper thanks to sand. One problem is that when using flash photography without the diffuser fitted, a shadow is thrown by the lens housing and anyone standing in the corner is blotted out!

My daughters have dedicated waterproof cameras, some have proved successful, some not. This waterproof casing certainly is water and weatherproof but whether is it an expensive and fiddly option to the growing range of digital cameras is open to debate. I will keep mine till my IXUS 800 IS bites the dust (if you will pardon the pun).

4.0 out of 5 stars Take your photos to a new level, 14 July 2009
I bought one of these for my IXUS 80IS and I've not been disappointed.
I've taken it skiing in the Alps, canoeing in the Lakes, snorkelling in the Sea, white water rafing in New Zealand and even out in the Scottish Summers we've been having!!!
It's survived it all and protected my camera and is easy to use.

On the downside:
It is a little bulky and chunky.
If you dont use the flash diffuser and use flash you get a dark corner.
But for all the times you can use your camera these are small prices to pay.

Go for it, you'll have a blast and get photos that not many other folk will.