5.0 out of 5 stars great book
Published on 23 Jun 2010 by Ap Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long-winded
It was extremely highly recommended by a friend (you know who you are Dr Dave), so I got it in Kindle version. But it seems to go on for ever saying the same thing. I unsderstand and agree with the basic idea, but in my view it doesn't need such a long book to explain it! I gave up about two-thirds of the way through...
Published on 24 Nov 2012 by David Hillson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 23 Jun 2010
Ap Smith (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (Hardcover)
I found this to be a brilliant and enlightening book grounded in biblical teaching. I'd never heard of Randy Alcorn before, but he is clearly an expert on the subject of heaven. His knowledge of scripture, methodical explanations and easy to understand communication style makes this a joy to read. The free dvd with the book is worth the money alone and great for small groups.
A quote on the front cover says 'other than the bible itself, this may well be the single most life-changing book you ever read'. I don't think this is an overstatement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven, 30 Sep 2010
D. Bradley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (Hardcover)
This is the only book I've read on the subject of Heaven & it has totally changed my perspective of what Heaven will be like - in fact it has made me feel that I just want to be there! Randy is a captivating writer, Biblically sound & I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone interested in the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven by Randy Alcorn, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (Hardcover)
I would highly recommend this book, this book is essential for all who are searching for answers, what is heaven like now? and what will it be like in the future? it has revealed to me that heaven is a real place and all those who are saved by Jesus Christ Lord of Lord and King of Kings and Him only, live there with the whole family of believers who have a real physical body in a real physical place and that where heaven is now will ultimately relocate to this earth which God will regenerate and refurbish with lush plants and trees even better that the original garden of Eden and God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ live together with the whole family of believers, some will live inside the new Jerusalem City and some will live in the country but all are free to go into the city and be with Christ any time night of day as the gates to the city are never closed but always open. This book shows that heaven is an exciting place and no one will ever be bored people explore and go on and on learning more and more about the abundant life and all have a share and inheritance in Jesus Christs Kingdom and have dominion with Him over all of creation including the whole universe and all are given meaningful jobs and purposes which they absolutely love and rejoice in doing forever and ever and nothing will ever spoil it as there is no corruption no sin no Devil and no decay, sickness or death, no recessions only eternal abundantly blessed fulfilling, totally happy and satisfying lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Oct 2009
This review is from: Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (Hardcover)
This is the best book I have ever read about Heaven. It is easy to read and the DVD was very useful for our bible study group. It certainly made for some good discussion!
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven's above.....or is it?, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
A great book, convincing, comprehensive and very well put together though tends to repeat observations from time to time. Probably one of the most difficult and challenging subjects to tackle, due,I think to the tendency for people to have their own varying and sometimes unlikely pre-conceptions of what heaven means and represents....whether believer's or hopers in the ultimate Insurance Policy. The book is essentially Christian in focus and teaching in nature.The thing I liked about Randy Alcorn's book is that it is solidly based on what the Bible actually says on this subject. Where the author's imagination is used he is honest and does not pretend that what he says is necessarily exactly the way things will ultimately pan out. Having said that, I have read other books by this author and have come to respect the integrity in which he writes. His focus is clear and unswerving and he stands fully committed to that which he believes. I found nothing in this book that I found controversial ( though I don't expect everyone to agree ), the subject matter alone will undoubtedly raise hackles in some quarters. And Stephen Hawking has just been reported as saying Heaven doesn't exist. I like Hawking very much, a great scientist, but even he doesn't get everything right and I'd like to see the evidence he has provided to support his statement. Certainly a person called Jesus Christ would appear to disagree with him.
I recommend this book without reservation, and I don't say that for every Christian book I've read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
An excellent book which takes a closer look at what heaven will really be like -very Biblical and sound -once you've read this there'll be no more 'fluffy clouds and harps' pictures in your mind when you think about heaven, instead you'll be able to look forward to an exciting and dynamic place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing book, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
I'm a Christian, but always struggled with the idea of living in Heaven forever. I couldn't imagine what kind of things we would be doing there to get excited about it. Reading this book I realized I wasn't the only one having strange thoughts about Heaven thanks lack of teaching on this subject at churches. The book brings a refreshing and exciting Bible based teaching on what New heaven and Earth will be like. Now I know it's going to be amazing, as all the good stuff we love in this world is just a shadow of the great and perfect things God has for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
This book will change your view of Heaven from a childish one to a more mature one of reality! Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you wanted to know about heaven, 22 Nov 2013
Jon Mason (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (Hardcover)
Randy Alcorn really covers just about every question you could conceivably ask about Heaven, and answers them thoroughly from the Bible. That doesn't make this a really heavy read though. He writes in a bright, engaging way, and you're sure to be excited as you read it!

Don't be put off by the size. It's over 500 pages, but it's in short chapters, and is very easy to read. It's one of those books that you can dip into now and again when you want to be inspired, or to find out about something.

One thing I really like about this book is that it's also quite imaginative. Now don't get me wrong ion this one: It's not just that Alcorn is making it up as he goes along. He's very clear when he's interpolating from what the Bible says. But his imagination is very much seen through the lens of sound Bible exposition, and that makes it very exciting indeed. The next time you hear someone say, "We can't begin to imagine what Heaven will be like," you'll be able to tell them, "I can!"

I have been deeply inspired by this book, and warmly recommend it to anyone who wants to look a bit deeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars What do we all face?, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (Hardcover)
This is a valid account of what Scripture tells us regarding the future for believers. I recommend it to anyone who is searching for the meaning and purpose of life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›