5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and very well-written!
Having felt a little lost and somewhat gloomy recently I came across an inspirational and thought-provoking book called The Shamanic Prophecy: The past will set you free. I had heard that The Alchemist was another book with a powerful message to convey, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Although, I don't think that any book has the power to transform your life, I found...
Published 4 months ago by Manchester

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay novel but not a great spiritual read
I had high expectations for this novel having heard good things about it. I understood it to be a symbolic story of finding yourself, your true nature. It's mentioned sometimes in relation to the Law of Attraction [LoA] or other spiritual circles. However I was fairly disappointed with it.
The story was enjoyable enough with the twist that only two characters are...
Published on 25 Jun 2009 by M_rose

‹ Previous | 169 70 7183 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as people say, 9 Nov 2004
E. FOLEY - See all my reviews
It's almost a 3 star but not quite.
I liked the simplistic style and the message of the author.
But I couldn't help but feel he jotted down a few messages/ideals that he wanted to share with people and then forced a story around it. I couldn't help but feel, even though I enjoyed teh fable itself, that it was somewhat disjointed and forced. A 'nice' read with a good feel but a little piecemeal and dissatisfying (particularly given the hype surrounding it.
I wouldn't buy it as a Christmas present

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining story, 8 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This was one of those books that I read from cover to cover without putting it down, in a couple of hours. I thoroughly enjoyed the fantasy, and for a second let myself become dreamily immersed in the ideas of destiny and mysticism. It reads as simply as a children's book, and it is enchanting because of it's simple optimism. So why should I have been surprised or disappointed that the ending was as simple and childlike as the rest of the story, and that it was really a search for hidden (material) treasure? I woke up from my dream to realise that the philosophies of the book were not very deep nor profound. It was entertaining and optimistic, so I think my 11 year old daughter might enjoy it. Worth reading on the beach or the plane, but there are no great pearls of wisdom here.

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone who has a dream, 18 Dec 2001
dsebastia@menta.net (Cloud number 9 (Barcelona, Spain)) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book. It's a wery well writen fable for all ages. It's always nice to believe that we must carry on, and try to see the best in everything that happens in our lives as life is too short to be wasted. But do not have so many expectations about this book it's just a nice story. To me was more than that because I never read any review saying how brilliant it was so I could enjoyed completelly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, one of the best from Paulo Coelho, 22 Jan 2014
Prompt delivery, excelent package. I love this book, it was my second book from this author and the most translated book from a live author. Really beautiful novel about follow a dream. I already read it twice in portuguese but now I decided to buy it in english to read again. I really recommend this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars for me, 19 Dec 2013
This book was recommend but i have not had the chance to read it yet. Hoping over the christmas hols

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 2 Dec 2013
arrived within 2 days of placing the order, extremely impressed with the quality considering it only cost me 0.01p! No marks or damage whatsoever, almost brand new! Extremely happy customer!

2.0 out of 5 stars Preachy and dull., 6 Mar 2013
I'd heard a lot about this book and had wanted to read it for a while. I finally bought it and I must say, it didn't live up to the hype for me.
I found it too preachy, repetitive and frankly, a bit dull.
I like the idea of following your destiny and going out there and finding a better life for yourself, I was hoping to feel inspired but unfortunately this was not the case.
But, I'm glad I've read it.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition (Kindle Edition)
I did not enjoy this book, from the outset and so gave up after a few chapters. I then spoke with friends who were in agreement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter tosh, 19 Dec 2012
K. Tyler - See all my reviews
Honestly - don't believe the hype. I was way behind the crowd in only picking up this book this year (2012) and had high expectations. It has to be one of the dullest things I've ever read - very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Emperors New Clothes, 29 Nov 2012
I never fail to be amazed by all of the hype and hero worship which surrounds this author.

His books are at their best only second rate and seem to appeal to the New Age, Tarot Card and Crystal fraternity. The number of readers who fit into this category is obviously legion, hence his success

He really has very little to say but manages to spend a long time saying it. Please do yourselves a favour and try reading some Hermann Hesse instead.

‹ Previous | 169 70 7183 | Next ›