5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and very well-written!
Having felt a little lost and somewhat gloomy recently I came across an inspirational and thought-provoking book called The Shamanic Prophecy: The past will set you free. I had heard that The Alchemist was another book with a powerful message to convey, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Although, I don't think that any book has the power to transform your life, I found...
Published 2 months ago by Manchester

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay novel but not a great spiritual read
I had high expectations for this novel having heard good things about it. I understood it to be a symbolic story of finding yourself, your true nature. It's mentioned sometimes in relation to the Law of Attraction [LoA] or other spiritual circles. However I was fairly disappointed with it.
The story was enjoyable enough with the twist that only two characters are...
Published on 25 Jun 2009 by M_rose

‹ Previous | 159 60 6179 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Gift, 18 Jan 2011
D. Taeidy "Dadyar" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
I received this book on my birthday. It was a strange choice because I have never read a fictional story in my life. Politely accepted the silly book. Reluctantly I started to read. I didn't put it down some hours later when I finished the book.
I couldn't wait to get to Amazon site and order more from the Coehlo. This book maybe for you too. The best present ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tosh., 9 Jan 2011
If you like fables about how you can change your life by talking to fortune tellers, centuries old kings and alchemists who can turn lead into gold using a saucepan on the kitchen stove, all wrapped up in a lot of mumbo-jumbo about talking to the wind and the sun - you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alchemist, 22 Jan 2010
D. J. Cornick (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
A truly inspirational and motivating read that gives you the confidence and belief that all dreams can become reality if you open your eyes and follow the signs. A very philosophical book well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Fable, 6 Jan 2010
There's probably not much to say that hasn't already been said about this book. Whether you like to read or not this book will have you hooked. It could be read in a single sitting. Simply written yet creates very powerful images. You will be inspired beyond the limits of the narrative. Each time I put it down a member of the household would pick it up and start reading. There were 3 bookmarks in it at one point! It seems to have a certain magnetism. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening reading, 12 Dec 2009
This book clears the path to your heart, if you aren't already on the way, and illuminate even further if you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 2 Oct 2009
T. Willis "TW" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I read this whilst in hospital - it is a gripping story told in a very readable way. I read it in a little over a day despite the constant interuptions that always happen when in hospital.

1.0 out of 5 stars A lot less than meets the eye, 9 Feb 2006
Having just read the masterpiece Don Quixote, I thought I would try something modern. What a let down. This book is just a load of mystical garbage and can only be 'life enhancing' to those who don't have a life. Mercifully it was only a short book and the first three quarters mostly describes a journey which is mildly diverting. Towards the end the spirituality is laid on thick with a trowel. This book takes itself so seriously yet it has shades of Star Wars, Wizard of Oz and Kung Fu but with none of the wit and invention of the aforementioned, well the first two anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 8 Dec 2006
This book is terrible. It's supposed to be about the mystical quest of everyman to find spiritual meaning in life but is just badly written, sentimental and tedious. It's an amalgamation of all the normal New Age misconceptions in one volume. I wanted to stab myself in the head half-way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 30 July 2014
J. Mcnamara (Merseyside England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alchemist (Mass Market Paperback)
One of the most profound books I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Alchemist CD (Audio CD)
What a fantastic story. Great service. Thankyou