5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful
Well written book in Oriah's usual style. Insightful, thought provoking and relevant.We should all strive to heed our own call!
Published 17 months ago by Sven Coles

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end to the trilogy!
Published on 7 Sep 2003 by B. J. Pettiford

4.0 out of 5 stars Reaching out to yourself., 29 May 2013
This review is from: The Call (Kindle Edition)
This book confirmed what I knew already, God is all around us and within us at all times. Oriah teaches us to access his presence within us and use this presence to enhance our lives and that of others. Inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Call (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Self-decovery personified, 10 Jun 2012
`The call' is the moving and stunning conclusion to an epic trilogy that began with `the invitation' and continued with `the dance'. This is a book that opens a window into your heart and which delves down into the very depths of ones soul, exploring what we know of ourselves through the eyes of other people thus handing us a mirror to look into. It helps the reader to explore who they are as an individual by understanding ultimately what it means to be human, by what makes us unique, distinctive and most singular as human beings. By letting go you are able to be honest with yourself and through courage find out much more than you would have thought possible, which will shock you, surprise you and touch your heart. This by far has to be one of the most truth-drawing books that I have ever encountered, where the author reaches out to you with her brave humanity as a poet and lover with such skin-and-bone honesty, that I found to be most personal. You are nourished by all the wisdom that she carries as you begin to learn so much about life and yourself in it, with such vision that gives light to the darkness. I found myself re-evaluating my actions and thoughts on life and on myself, which led to the most life changing consequences that all took place because of a decision that I had made since reading this remarkable book, hence I now certainly hope to be as proactive as I possibly can be. I was touched by how much of herself the author puts within her work, so as to give it more meaning and depth of feeling. Even the reader who feels most contented within their minds and who are sure of themselves and their futures, I do strongly urge that they read this book as it would certainly have an impact on any reader's life. Self discovery is the most challenging subject matter to discuss as an author and writer but also to read, and to those who take the first few steps to reading this will undoubtedly be greatly rewarded and will find much enjoyment as well from such breathtaking writing. This is a book that will find a special place within your heart.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end to the trilogy!, 7 Sep 2003
What a shame - I adored the first two books "The Invitation" and "The Dance" and therefore was eagerly awaiting this book. However, I felt disappointed to say the least, where the other books had encouraged readers to look within themselves this one felt heavily religious! Far too goddy a book for me and although I too love Rumi poetry I was surprised to see it so widely represented in some of the actual wording of this book.

The Call