5.0 out of 5 stars Millionare Mind - get one or stay poor!
Well this is my first review so it must have smacked me right between the eyes!

Published on 19 April 2006 by Rob Slinger

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful ideas, brash delivery!
Published 4 months ago by Gd Edwards

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Millionare Mind - get one or stay poor!, 19 April 2006
Well this is my first review so it must have smacked me right between the eyes!

This book is written in a straight talking, no messing fashion, which (is stated) comes straight from Harv Eker's own experience. Well I liked it. When taken in it's broadest context, the metaphors within the text of this book can be applied to all areas of your life - and why not - cause this book is all about creating an abundance of wealth and happiness.

The use of a systematic approach to train yourself into a millionaire mindset is simple and effective and I now believe this can be learnt - time will tell...

5.0 out of 5 stars Modelling the mindset of the rich, 30 Nov 2005
A good book that targets your beliefs, and understanding of what being rich means and challenges all those beliefs that might be detrimental to your financial growth.
Basically the author gives good examples of limiting thoughts and their effects by taking us through 17 blueprints of the rich.
Best part are the action items at the end of each of these 17 ideas to follow that the author wants you to go out and try.
Well, going by this book, I should be a millionnaire soon (at least, to start with, I got to spell millionnaire correctly :-) )
Go for this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind (Kindle Edition)
I'm a student who has not had a full time job but I got this book to give me ideas about the world of money I will face in the future. I was not disappointed. The book explores the mindsets of rich and successful people, because one of the underlying premises of the book is that ways of thinking lead to certain actions. As T. Harv Eker says: "Becoming rich isn't as much about getting rich financially as about whom you have to become, in character and mind, to get rich".

Part one of the book explains the concept of a money blueprint: "your preset program or way of being in relation to money", which Eker suggests is the main predictor of financial success. Financial blueprints arise from past 'programming'-conditioned ways of thinking which affect how you relate to money. But new, helpful ways of thinking can be adopted in place of negative or financially unhelpful ones.

The second part forms the bulk of the book and compares the mentality of rich and poor people in seventeen specific and different ways. (Note: the use of rich and poor is as much used to describe the mentality of different people as it describes their financial success). These 'wealth files' are the ways of thinking to get into and adopt to start thinking like someone who sets out to get rich. At the end of describing each wealth file, there are declarations and actions to cement the rich mentality in your mind.

Overall the book delivered more than just exploring the mindsets of the wealthy. It is written in a jovial, informal, but incredibly inspirational way with ideas which have a good amount of applicability to other areas, like personal development, as well as hints and suggestions for generating more money (like passive income). There are lots of good quotes to go back to, and I fully intend to read the book at least once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 15 Feb 2010
I had hesitated a lot before purchasing this book. I didn't know much about it and the title looked to me very fishy, like those ads on the internet: "get rich in 1 week".
I was totally wrong!
Luckilly I got the book and it has so much value in it you cannot even imagine. The author not only is a good writer which makes the book very enjoyable to read, but he has had the ability to read our common thoughts and actions and present them with a totally different angle. Simple concepts but very powerful. I was amazed when I started realising how often the situations described in the book happen in my daily life and how wrong my behavior was.
This is a must read for everyone. I don't know if I'll become richer following the actions of this book, even if it boosted my confidence, but I will surely happier as I can deal with so many situations in a daily life much better than before. Life changing book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful ideas, brash delivery!, 2 Aug 2014
Gd Edwards - See all my reviews
Some reasonable ideas - basically rich people on the whole are more single- minded and focused than people who aren't rich. What I found interesting is the author's assertion that looking to blame others or circumstances for one's failure to be rich is "baloney"! It made me realise that most of us do this to a certain extent, and the only way to be truly successful is to completely break away from this way of thinking.

Despite the title of this audio CD, I was treating it as another tool in becoming a high performer in my own field and it fulfilled this to a certain extent.

The only thing that bothered me is the author's narrative style! He doesn't hold back in his hugely enthusiastic gravelly voice and it did make me gringe a little occasionally. But get past my own Britishness and the message is generally useful.

I think I still prefer The 7 Habits and Psychology of Success titles to this, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret of the millionaire mind, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind (Kindle Edition)
It's the third most inspiring book I read, how to become financially free. The first one is rich dad ,poor dad and the second is the richest man in Babylon.
Thank you Harv.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost there, 6 Feb 2013
I have read about those ideas before. "I can make you rich" is a very similar book. I even printed the affirmations and practiced them for few days. The author contradicts himself a few times. You can see that the book was made to make money not to share some great new information.

If you are after more practical stuff based on research by two professors then read Millionaire Next Door.

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Want To Get Rich - Stop Complaining!, 13 Jan 2010
W. Dashwood-quick "Author of "Discover Yo... (Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
One theme that came through for me is basically to watch your language and stop whingeing! It strongly advocates talking in positive terms as much as possible. Full of very uplifting and a study in the way that most successful entrepreneurs think, feel and operate on a daily basis. I think what it's saying is "what you focus on, you get more of" just make sure you get conscious about what you're thinking about. Or else!

Wendy Dashwood-Quick
Executive Coach
Author of: Discover Yourself On The Yellow Brick Road: 7 Core Principles of Career Success

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book for whoever wants to change their lives. Doing the exercises proposed in the book is of paramount importance

3.0 out of 5 stars lost its punch?, 9 Jun 2014
maybe it is the passage of time that makes it seem a little outdated but whilst it had some useful things to say and the affirmations are useful i did get fed up of the constant reference to Eker's courses to the extent that i wondered if the book is a long sales advert for them. the free taster courses are only available in limited countries and not in the Uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›