5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best ...
Published on 17 April 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring and predictable at times
Published on 24 Jan. 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best ..., 17 April 2002
By A Customer
This was my first Woodiwiss book and set me off on a hunt for the others! This book was great! The main characters, Elise and Maxim were fantastic heroes - strong, honourable, but also flawed, suffering from too much pride, afraid of being hurt - made them both very human. The relationship between Maxim and Elise builds slowly and credibly - unlike other novels where the hero and heroine spend 5 minutes together and decide they are in love, and instantly refer to each other as "Darling" ... !! I would highly recommend this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring and predictable at times, 24 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
I absolutley loved The Elusive Flame and have since bought all of the Woddiwiss' books. I've read quite a few of them now and am getting more disappointed. All the books I've read have exactly the same story line, with the main characters being forced to be trapped together therefore making them fall in love. It gets a bit boring after reading such a similar story line yet again. I am only commenting on the 6 books of hers that I have read so far so maybe there will be a change of the same story line in the next one! Woodiwiss also goes into too much detail over trivial matters and not enough on important things, like when Elise found her father, why was there almost no exchange with him?? she spent the whole book desperate to find him and I was hoping for at least to read some dialogue between them. Another flaw was the character Arrabella. When she discovered Maxim and Elise in the bath area together why did Maxim suddenly turn really nasty toward her when he hadn't been before and why would Arrabella be changed into anything but how she was discribed in the first place, meek and submitting? I would have like to have read more about Ramsey but I just wanted to finish the book in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars So worthy to read agian., 28 May 1999
By A Customer
I smile every time I think of Elise. Growing up in that kind of enviroment, I would have the same additude she does. I love this book becuase, unlike other books, this one doesn't let the guy push her around. She stands up for what she knows is right and doesn't let her guard down for a moment. Maxime had to earn his right to love her.

3.0 out of 5 stars maxim worthy elise not that much, 4 Jan. 2012
ms woodiwiss has written many books that are both electrifying and capture the reader this however for me is not one i loved the dialogue of the main lead especially when he expressed how he felt as a male but that was few and far between the girl came across as extremely immature and though ms woodiwiss wanted to portray as feisty she was more irritating than ever switching her emotions with a flip of a hat another issue i had was that this book was more centered on the plot than the romance which kind of got boring after a while as i wanted to read a historical romance my final peeve was it was loaded down with German or English with a German mix now if that doesnt kill romance and in a crucial scene where the guy gives a stern command to men threatening his woman its all in German a real mood killer as i still dont know what he said to them!?i gave it three stars and not two simply for the guy Maxim he was well written pity the rest around him let the book down!!!!!!!!!!!!!and whats with all the rekindling of fireplaces throughout the book nearly ever few pages a fire is being stoked yawn!!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't even finish this book., 28 Aug. 1998
By A Customer
I've been a Woodiwiss fan for years. Shanna, The Flame and the Flower, and The Wolf and the Dove were classic Woodiwiss. I was such a fan that I even pre-ordered this book before it was released. I couldn't even get through it. Hopefully her newer books will be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed so hard, I thought I would be sick, 19 July 2014
This review is from: So Worthy My Love (Kindle Edition)
Having read most books written by Kathleen Woodiwiss' books and finding them very enjoyable, I had a bit of difficulty getting through the first few chapters of "So Worthy My Love." However, once Maxim came on the scene in full force, I laughed myself silly and could not put the book down. The physical and verbal exchanges between Elise and Maxim were thoroughly entertaining. Maxim doesn't quite fit the mold of the other heroes (if one could call them that) of Kathleen's other novels. I found him to be overall a more decent fellow from the start. It's definitely my favorite of her novels. Will definitely be reading it again and again throughout the years.

1.0 out of 5 stars SO WORTHY MY LOVE is definitely NOT worthy!, 4 July 1999
By A Customer
This is the only truly bad romance I've read from Ms. Woodweiss. The exchanges were trite and stupid, and the attraction was somewhat lacking. in fact, i found the whole thing lacking. The heroine seems like a shrew,l vengeful and annoying. Then, all of a sudden, she softens completely to her abdctor and they marry. Their passionate exhanges were stupid and petty. The whole book was petty. The events were improabably. Sure, it seemed promising from the first twenty pages. Then it decended...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best books, 13 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
I have been a fan for many years and have deeply loved all of her books. She is by far the best writer of our time.
This book was one of my favorites. It had everything you can want in a book; humor, suspense, passion and everything in between.
I especially loved the characters Fitch and Spence. They were absolutely hilarious. And, what can I say about Elise and Maxim. Simply said, they were both made for each other with thier firey tempers and determination for those they love. This is truly a must read book.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT ONE OF HER BEST, 12 April 2006
Tracy Mc (Newcastle England) - See all my reviews
I didn't really enjoy this book until half way through. About chapter 20 it started to get going a bit. I did ejoy the mischevious things Elise did to Maxim before they fell in love.

I thought there was to much of what the chatacters were thinking and to much discription of surrounding areas instead of getting on with the story of the main characters.

I enjoyed The wolf And The Dove and Ashes In The Wind far better than this book

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Romance Ever Written!!!, 20 May 1998
By A Customer
The first book I ever read by Kathleen Woodiwiss was Ashes. I thought I could never love a book more. I was wrong! Elise was a head strong woman and Maxim was an absolute cad! Their passion set the book on fire! I cried with the characters, laughed with them, and cried some more. Truly a magnificent book that I never tire of reading over and over again!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›