5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read.
Have always liked Kathleen's books - this one is no exception although she does seem to have got her datelines somewhat muddled. Story is set in 1805 and mentions later in the book Pride and Prejudice being read by one of the characters. This wasn't actually written until 1813. Still a good, easy read though.
Published 10 months ago by Dee George

2.0 out of 5 stars Reluctant suitor, slow read
Having read all of Kathleen Woodiwiss' books, I ordered this one anticipating a good read. All I can say is don't bother. It lacked the spark and excitement required to keep my interest, not her best effort. The characters are rather unevolved and you dont have enough of an interest in them to care about the ending. Rather disappointing.
Try Wolf and the Dove or...
Published on 12 Jun. 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Reluctant suitor, slow read, 12 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
Try Wolf and the Dove or ashes in the wind by Woodiwiss, both excellent romance novels!

3.0 out of 5 stars The Relufcant Suitor, 12 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Reluctant Suitor (Hardcover)
I have been eagly awaiting this book as I have read all of Kathleen Woodiwiss's books and really enjoyed them. My daughter sent me this book from the U.S. as a present for my Birthday I felt there was something missing from the first half of the book. It seemed to long and repeated a lot of the romantic scenes with Adriana and Colton over and over again. I'm a dissapointed reader from Aughton,Ormskirk,Lancs

1.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointed Fan, 9 Jan. 2008
N. Woods (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
Having read all of K Woodiwiss's romances I feel cheated by this one. The plot is predictable, the characters annoying and she's obsessed with the word pulchritude - an ugly word for physical beauty. Her earlier novels hit the spot, stick to them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reluctant Suitor, 9 Feb. 2011
Not a bad book really but somehow I have come to expect better from Ms Woodiwiss. I thought the characters of Adrianna and Colton were good but found the 'will she won't' she marry him rather aspect rather tedious. I felt too that the good characters were rather too good and the bad characters really evil which somehow made the whole book a bit too obvious. It was however well written and easy to read and passes time quite well so could reccomend it to anyone interested in romantic historical fiction

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read., 19 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Reluctant Suitor (Kindle Edition)
I like all Kew books I like a story that you can laugh at as well as cry and the fact the heroine of the story is a feisty lass

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Reluctant Suitor (Kindle Edition)
Well written, good storyline, great characters. Could not put it down. Would recommend this book if you like period books x

3.0 out of 5 stars Not upto standard, 13 Jan. 2013
Colin Ball - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reluctant Suitor (Kindle Edition)
I felt that this story was not upto the usual Kathleen Woodiwiss standard as it was too predictable and not very romantic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 25 Aug. 2010
As I like Katherine Woodiwiss and have fond memories of her other books (mind you, not all of them), I did not want to put a bad review. I am fighting my way through this at the moment, and it is an uphill battle. Whenever there is the slightest hope that you might feel sympathetic towards the hero, he behaves like an idiot. Which makes you disrespect the heroine a lot, given that she still likes him. His behaviour is completely incongruent to any moral standard, not to mention reason (yes, the neighbour's daughter whom you're supposed to marry is a good choice for extramarital seduction) and her affection for him is baffling, as it only seems to be built on his looks. The future villain - i don't need to read to the end to know he will be just that - is annoying in a way which might be endearing in a novel from the 70s but not anymore. I am not writing this to vent, just to warn you not to suffer through this. I do not finish books I don't like, but out of respect to Ms. Woodiwiss, I will leaf through to the end. Which seems a far way off, given that I already can deduct most of what will happen and don't really care about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sept. 2014