5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary
I don't usually write reviews but I just have to drop a few lines to say how great this album is. I got it from a friend and I was expecting it to be the usual "moany" sad indie record (which is OK for me, but gets a bit tiring at times), but when I first heard it I was shocked. Most songs are fast, upbeat and yes, a bit cheesy,but they really put a smile on your face and...
Published on 16 Jan 2007 by Miss Milkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Will They Last?
The essence of any Brit-Pop band is do they have enough originality to last the distance? It's often easy to produce a stunning first album and then fail to live up to expectations. The first album can well be dominated by songs written over a period of time. The problem can come when new material has to be written.

Having said that there has to be a starting...
Published on 11 April 2008 by Mr. Peter Steward

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fanatastic!!!! go and buy it now!!!!, 5 Feb 2007
Ms. D. robert (mochdre,north wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I dont often write reviews but felt i had to having listened to it a lot since i bought it 2 weeks ago.I was expecting to hate at least half the album but was pleasantly surprised.Every song is great and the last track has a hidden song at the end of a short break which is brilliant.I'd highly reccommend it.It hasnt failed to perk me up and is great when driving in the car.BUY IT NOW & ENJOY!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Will They Last?, 11 April 2008
Mr. Peter Steward "petersteward" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)

Having said that there has to be a starting point and The Feeling are a decent southern England band with some catchy choruses and hook lines that have stood them apart from many of their contemporaries. They have the pseudo London feel of a Blur but mix it with decent melodies.

They are one of those bands that you hear in a shopping centre or on the radio and immediately think "that's good who are they? It's just remembering them apart from the others that is crucial. Their debut album is full of idiosyncratic pop tunes - Never Be Lonely and Sewn being just two that give this album a feisty feel that somehow links with the likes of Travis, Coldplay and Keane. "Anyone" is a beautifully structured almost classical piece of folk/rock/classical fusion

4.0 out of 5 stars Driving down the middle of the road with the sun-roof up and the sun beating happily down ,daydreaming of ice cream mmm, 8 Jun 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
There's middle of the road and there's middle of the road, but The Feelings debut drives straight down the central reservation.

Unashamedly pop and owing a great debt to its 10CC and The Beach Boys influence, Twelve Steps and Home will undoubtedly be one of the biggest selling albums of the summer. It's chirpy and smiley even in its darker moments.

The album opener, I Want you Now, has a touch of the McFly's about it in the opening bars that aside it is a solid opener, and Never Be lonely is a reliable back up/ track

Much like the album's overall Middle of the Road feel, ironically it's the middle of the album that provides the bulk of the album's twinkle, Fill my Little World, is an undeniable pop gem, fabulous Beach Boy-esque harmonies and infectious piano backing and sweet sing-a-long lyrics.

Kettle's On is the sort of swooning miss you heart-felt Ballard that took four albums for Embrace to get even remotely right...Deliciously simple, but possibly the best track on the album, the great harmonies, supported by genuine feeling in the main vocal and topped off with an almost melancholic piano outré.

After two real pop gems, Sawn though pretty good, with all the Piano and Harmony trimmings, was a bit of a let down. there's only so much sugar you should have in your diet. And my fear began to grow the whole album would be too samey

Thankfully, there's a slight change of direction with anyone, up to this point the songs seemed all a little bit chirpy and smiley, anyone and the following track Strange have a darker if still firmly unbroken heart.

Strange has all the hallmarks , great piano's super harmonies but the lyrics veer right down misery street, which in an album full of pop numbers is a pleasing sight, it shows depth , something you do not often see in bands of this type. Strange is excellent bringing up ideas of defiance being proud of whom you are etc. It is not anthemia in the traditional vain, of lighters in the air tomfoolery but I can see it being taken too many people's hearts.

Rose is pleasant piano Ballard, and I Love It When you call, falls just shy of being an out and out power Ballard, and no doubt would be a Father's Day Favourite.

So by now the album is 9 tracks in and its all very middle of the road and a testament to safe driving. Then for some reason The Feeling start driving under the influence of, maybe the face of things to come from them.

Same old Stuff goes all low key, badly, like a very poor Keane; the bouncy piano's have been scrapped and replaced with simple background notes... Helicopter is also hopeless.

But the real eye opener is the last track Blue Piccadilly, a 9 minute The Feeling epic that can only be described as Prog Rock., its all in there vast swathes of vocal-less music, sections of theatrical moments of bombastic guitar and even a pause in the middle like a theatre scene change for moments of reflection. All very interesting and if this is a future sign of The Feeling's development as a band, they could potentially have legs.

Like a car journey , Twelve steps and Home, it starts slowly, revs up trundles along nicely and then slowly drives back home into the dark garage waiting to be used again, having learnt where its going.

There is the possibility you may only get the summer out of this album and whether I will be listening to it in six months time when the cold and misery and the inevitable media overkill sets in remains to be seen. But if you are looking for a pop record with a bit of soul to listen to on the beach, or lounging in the back garden, you will find it hard to topple this.

STAND OUT TRACKS

FILL MY WORLD

KETTLE'S ON

STRANGE

BLUE PICCADILLY

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Contains infectiously catchy tunes, 29 Sep 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much when I got this album, but after a couple of listens, I fell in love with it. The lyrics are brilliantly clever and witty, and the melodies are so contagiously catchy, you'll be whistling them for ages. For me, the standout songs are "Sewn", "Fill My Little World", "Love It When You Call" (sounds like The Darkness) and "Same Old Stuff". Listening to The Feeling will give you a lovely feeling. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I know what I like...., 17 Sep 2006
bluegirl245 (East Anglia, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I love music. I know what I like and I'm not the sort of person who will sit and analyse and compare. I bought this album purely from seeing them perform "never be lonely" on tv. I went straight out the next day on a mission to buy! I'd not heard of them before then and I can't say I've ever been that struck with one song that I had to buy a whole album - in the past I've just bought the single I liked or waited to hear other stuff from the band first. Once I played it I couldn't stop! I LOVE it. I'm now constantly humming any of the tracks. "never be lonley", "Fill my little world" "Love it when you call" and "Rose" are my faves but the whole album is fantastic. At 36 I was beginning to feel that there is nothing "new" out there to appeal to me much but this really hits the spot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in every way, 11 Aug 2007
A34 (Oxfordshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
Every track on this CD is pure excellence. To me, this is rare - pure brilliant pop from start to finish. Each track is so well crafted. Brilliant lyrics, superb tunes, fantastic "hooks". This is an instant hit. You'll be hard pressed to find anywhere such a combination of intelligent lyrics, finely crafted songs, and as perfectly balanced production as this. Every track is an absolute joy. If ever there was a case study on how to produce perfect pop that combines fantastic rhythms, intellingent lyrics and finely crafted songs, with superb production values, that will endure for many years - this is it. I think this album will be looked upon as a classic years from now. Enjoy. This is really something special.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album and no mistake, 12 Dec 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I am so happy to see music nowadays going back to the older music genres and that the era of over produced, bland dance music and pop has come to an end, hurrah!

I bought this album after hearing "I Love It When It You Call" and "Never Be Lonely" and I wasnt dissapointed... its very catchy and well put together, all the tracks are good, the best ones being the two mentioned above as well as "Fill My Little World" but another one of my favs is "Helicopter" particularly for the considerably heavy guitar solo right at the end of thr track!

Its a fine example of a band doing contemporary music well.

Lets hope the feelings second album lives up to or tops their debut!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a decent `happy` group., 2 Feb 2007
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
What a refreshing change this group is,every song is well performed and the guys sure can knock out a set of decent songs.

Okay some of the lyrics are simple but who wants to hear some boring whiny young un pretending they`ve got the meaning of life,universe and everything?

Best CD I`ve heard in many years,lets hope there around for many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent Album :), 28 Dec 2006
M HALL (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
Sorry, but I just cannot agree with any bad review of this album. It's fantastic. All the tracks, are different and sound excellent. I could listen to this album on repeat for hours and hours and I would never get bored. This is the best album I have ever bought in 2006! Go on and buy it, you will not be dissapointed. My favourite tracks have to be Never Be Lonely, Fill My Little World, and Love It When You Call, which I hear on the radio a lot. I just can't wait for the Feeling to release another album as I am sure it will just be as fantastic as this one! Buy It!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute tonic -Thank you-Thank you, 4 Feb 2007
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
OK I'm an Oldie and I grew up when contempory music had melodies with showbiz and had somthing to say. This album has all three.The quality of new bands recently has restored my by belief in the music industry.This band is the cream of the bunch. What a wonderful LP. This Album is my best purchase since "Revolver". The Beatles grew into that classic, but these guys, - Wham Bam straight into a something speacial.

I have purchased a lot of LP's since Revolver but never a five star job like this. Thank you "The Feeling", I really look forward to the next one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Twelve Stops and Home
Twelve Stops and Home by The Feeling (Audio CD - 2006)