5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary
Published on 16 Jan 2007 by Miss Milkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Will They Last?
The essence of any Brit-Pop band is do they have enough originality to last the distance? It's often easy to produce a stunning first album and then fail to live up to expectations. The first album can well be dominated by songs written over a period of time. The problem can come when new material has to be written.

Having said that there has to be a starting...
Published on 11 April 2008 by Mr. Peter Steward

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, 16 Jan 2007
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I don't usually write reviews but I just have to drop a few lines to say how great this album is. I got it from a friend and I was expecting it to be the usual "moany" sad indie record (which is OK for me, but gets a bit tiring at times), but when I first heard it I was shocked. Most songs are fast, upbeat and yes, a bit cheesy,but they really put a smile on your face and make you feel great. The few ballads are gorgeous and definitively not your average love song. Overall this cd doesn't sound like anything that's around at the moment, you will either love it or hate it but you'll never know until you listen to it. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pop Triumph, 3 Mar 2007
D. Newton (Swindon, Wilts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I am very much into clever-clogs `Post Rock' and electronica at the moment, so I was primed to sneer at `Twelve Stops From Home' when my mate insisted I give it a listen. Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

This CD is a joyous, upbeat, feel-good riot. I believe the opening trio may be the strongest since `Teen Spirit', `Come As You Are' and `In Bloom' on Nirvana's `Nevermind', not that there is any similarity in sound.

The opener ` I Want You Now' is a cock-sure statement of intent; the breakthrough single `Fill My Little World' is instantly catchy, driven by piano and `Never Be Lonely' is a fantastic 70s MOR throwback - surely the best song Supertramp never wrote.

The rest of the album is just as strong: loads of harmonising and sing-a-long backing vocals, all held together with a wonderful British spirit (`Kettle's On). The closer `Blue Piccadilly' is a real lighter-waving anthem with the most rousing `la la las' I have heard since `Olsen Olsen' on Sigur Ros's `Agaetis Byrjun' (there - managed to squeeze a Post-Rock reference in!)

It is no surprise to me that there have been so many singles released from this CD as the album is genuinely packed with hits. It is a sheer joy to listed to from beginning to end and is recommended to all music fans without hesitation. Absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Album of the Year Contender, 18 Dec 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I bought Twelve Stops and Home some time ago and loved it from the first listen. I then lent it to a friend and have just managed to get it back - now I'm enjoying it all over again. Wins the prize for most melodic album of the year by a mile - my favourite track is Strange, a classic amongst many.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best album this year!, 26 Sep 2006
J. Wooldridge-irving (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
With the sorry state of music in this day and age this is the album we've been waiting for. after hearing the singles fill my little world, and sewn, i put off buying the album straight away as i was unimpressed and considered it to be just another boring indie/pop band. Some time later (after hearing some more tracks) i decided that with only a fiver to lose i might as well get it to see if its any good. After hearing it i was to my surprise very impressed and my opinion of the band differs greatly to what it was previously, proving that good indie/pop does still exist. It is definitely the best album i've bought for some time, and there wasn't a single track on the album i didnt like. My CD collection would seem a lot smaller without it and when you hear it im sure you'll agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Feeling of utter Joy!, 5 Oct 2006
Stants (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
This debut almbum makes you feel just great! The sound is different then lots of artists out there at the moment and in The Feeling we see great songs from a intelligent band who, while not wanting to set the world of fire, certainly care about there music.

There are some truly great songs- Never Be Lonely, Sewn, Strange, Helicopter- yet there isnt a bad track on the album!

Pure listenable gold- you'll be playing them over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam-packed with hooks, 22 Oct 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I was pestered for a few weeks to buy this album by my wife. I did eventually buy it for her and paid very little attention. She obviously loves it because it's been played to death. And now? I can't get the bloody songs out of my head. Infectious, well-structured, melodic art-rock. Oh yes. I won't use the dreaded word prog - it's not that anyway. It hasn't got the pomposity of prog. But it is art-rock reminiscent of Beatles' 'Abbey Road' (Same Old Stuff), the eponymous album by Stealers Wheel (Never Be Lonely), The Eagles' 'Desperado' (Alone) and Supertramp's 'Breakfast in America' (Strange). 10cc and Manfred Mann is in their too. Blue Piccadily is possibly the best song that Billy Joel didn't write. I can't speak too highly of this album, which I really didn't expect to grow on me like this.

I'm playing it more and more myself - the songs are so well-written. They sound fairly simple on the surface but behind the gorgeous melodies is a complexity and know-how, which makes the vast majority of chart bands sound totally second rate in comparison. The influencies are fun to list but the album stands up as a modern masterpiece on its own merits.

Top notch stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget being guilty - it's a real pleasure!, 9 Sep 2007
A. Sweeney "I don't care what you call me" (Brighton, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
This group wear their 70s rock-pop influences on their sleeves. It's possible to pick out elements of Queen, Supertramp, Status Quo, Queen, 10CC and nearly every other group in the 1970s now described as `guilty pleasures' - and The Feeling have produced an immensely enjoyable album with the right mixture of fun and sincerity. There are one or two lyrical moments which don't quite work and this album has a curious mixture of excellent and downright terrible lyrics, but this is - one the whole - a very positive listen and an almost consistent pleasure to listen to. The only flies in the ointment are the rather contrived Rosé and the 70s pastiche too far Love It When You Call, which - although sounding a little bit too much like The Darkness - still manages to boast fantastic music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling Fine, 28 Feb 2007
S. Jones (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
Having heard (and liked) a couple of catchy singles I was fully prepared to be let down by yet another band flattering to deceive with mediocre material hiding behind the radio hits.
This was a wonderful revelation.
Yes, they wear their influences on their sleeves, but they use them to such good effect. Folks, if writing great pop songs was that easy, everyone would do it. (Even Thom Yorke.)
This is a sweet, charming, melodic, uplifting and frankly adorable collection. Check your prejudices and your cool at the gangplank, and enjoy the splendour of Captain Tune, Dan Gillespie Sells, and his jolly crew.
One warning. After hearing this I had the irresistable urge to buy best ofs by ELO and Supertramp. (Often available very reasonably on this very site..)

5.0 out of 5 stars fanatastic!!!! go and buy it now!!!!, 5 Feb 2007
Ms. D. robert (mochdre,north wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I dont often write reviews but felt i had to having listened to it a lot since i bought it 2 weeks ago.I was expecting to hate at least half the album but was pleasantly surprised.Every song is great and the last track has a hidden song at the end of a short break which is brilliant.I'd highly reccommend it.It hasnt failed to perk me up and is great when driving in the car.BUY IT NOW & ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve stops then twelve more, 27 Sep 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
What a superb album. I recently treated myself to a few albums, Zutons, Keane, Scissor Sisters, the Fratellis and The Feeling 'Twelve Stops the Home'. What a find this was, shear enjoyment beginning to end. Perfect ipod music for the morning to wake you up, for lunch to escape from work and on the way home to shake off the day. Don't get me wrong i enjoy the other albums i bought but this is the one I keep coming back to and the one I've recommended to friends. First Class.

ARRAY(0xb68d0fd8)

Twelve Stops and Home
Twelve Stops and Home by The Feeling (Audio CD - 2006)