5.0 out of 5 stars Back on Track
Published on 12 July 2006 by M. Taverner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value?
I bought this today and used it straight away, out of the box it is very easy to set up, although turning it on from the button at the side was a nightmare and I seem to have broken the battery on switch :p. The menu system is easy to understand and I havent yet looked at the manual and have no intention of doing so.

It's cheap, it does what it says on the box,...
Published on 9 Aug 2006 by Mr. L. Sexton

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on Track, 12 July 2006
M. Taverner "Swannee984" (10 miles N of Heathrow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Navman iCN330 - GPS Navigation System with UK Maps (Electronics)
I recently purchased this NAVMAN to assist me in finding my way between places in and around London. It performed superbly. Directions are straitforward,clear and easy to follow. As a test,I purposely took the wrong turnings and it quickly revised instructions to bring me back to my original route. For someone looking for a GPS system without bells and whistles, I cannot recommend it too highly. Loading the original information took a bit of working out, but I put that down to my "grey hair syndrome". I only wish it avoided roads with those horrible speed bumps. It does not come with a case but is easy to carry in a camera case.The manufacturers claim the battery lasts for up to 2 hours. I have not tested this, as I use it with the in car power supply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget!, 7 Aug 2006
This is a great sat nav system. Easy to use, easy to set up, great value for money.

The only downside is that there doesn't appear to be a battery life indicator (I couldn't find anything in the user guide either), so if you're running it off the battery rather than the cigarette lighter socket on your car, it can cut out without warning (which it did to me on one occasion when I didn't have access to a charger).

Aside from that I would say this is perfect for the sat nav novice, or someone who doesn't want to spend a fortune on a sat nav system but does want something that works well.

I have recommended it to all my friends (one in particular who is having no end of problems with their Tom Tom!).

In short, a great little gadget and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Navman 330, 20 July 2006
DRJones - See all my reviews
I recently moved from the Merseyside Area to Bexleyheath, and I bought this navman to help me find my way around the area. This system is superb, I have not once failed to arrive at my destination, the voice commands are clear and precise, I even took the wrong turnings and it immediately got me back on track.. I recommend this system without hestitation. David Jones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, 23 July 2006
cam (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have used various brands and types of GPS systems in the past but this is the best for me so far and is not expensive at Amazon.You would probably get along with out the instruction book....the screen guides you along in a logical fashon.I particularly like the " MAP" function which tells you where you are...very usefull in rural areas in conjunction with maps.

I found a universal "digital" camera case at local supermarket

which protects and has a compartment for the cables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good but not Brilliant, 11 Aug 2006
Used for a couple of long breaks, after getting settings right in preferences (went down a few too many country lanes), it was very good, and makes driving feel a lot more leisurely. only cons were quite a long wait to connect to gps - 10mins so always turn on Navman and then get kids in car etc. dont try and connect when on move it rarely works, another problem is when Navman thinks your on another road which runs parallel to the one your on. But all in all its a great aid not far from perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars On a budget? Superb..., 2 Jun 2006
This is a great SAT nav for anybody who wants 3d views and excellent instructions, but doesn't want to spend a fortune. The instructions are clear, yet not intrusive and the maps are great. Points of interest are helpful, especially parking and petrol stations. One very minor quibble - I entered a journey to west scotland and it told me I needed a ferry! Sometimes the old fashioned ways are the best! Seriously good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, foolproof, 14 Aug 2006
Samantha Booth (Notts) - See all my reviews
I think this product is excellent. Only used it on a few short journeys so far but got me there without any trouble. Even went the wrong way to see how it corrected itself and it was very quick. I did have a slight problem with the on/off button actually going into the unit itself. I returned it and was sent a new unit out immediately so I cannot fault the suppliers at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value?, 9 Aug 2006
Mr. L. Sexton "Yasmin" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews

It's cheap, it does what it says on the box, the speakers are crystal clear, the maps are quite easy to follow (except going slow in urban areas can be quite hard to see the roads so listen out carefully to the instructions rather than relying on reading the map).

So far its ALMOST taken me where it was meant to, but going to Edzell near Brechin up in Scotland, it decided that I was at the High St 4 miles away. It also has old roads, one of the roads I travelled on has been running for over a year and it still had the old road on it, so perhaps its time they updated their mapping? I am certainly not paying £119 for a new map from the navman site!!!

Overall it seems good, there has been a couple of hiccups in my first day, but I will bare with it and give it a bit of a chance, however if the mapping is wrong again I'm afraid I will have to get an exchange for something else as I rely on this thing for my job.

It is my first sat nav, it seems good value for money, but if it isn't getting me to where I want to be then how good value is it really?

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good...., 23 Aug 2006
Lionel Wall (Huntingdon, England) - See all my reviews
It's cheap, easy to set up, and "does what is says on the tin". Well most of the time...I have used the gadget for a couple of months or so now and it has mis-directed me twice - once in Sudbury town centre and once sending me on a wild goose chase in the Cotswolds. You can never get seriously lost when you have it in your car, though. Most of the time you can just sit back, ignore road signs and listen to the instructions. HOWEVER, I have had to learn to look at the map display too, because in areas with densely-packed streets or on complex junctions the instructions sometimes don't seem quite so clear - or maybe it's my aging brain!

I don't miss touch-screen. I haven't found the lack of full postcode addressing an issue. But I do miss the facility to seek an alternative route. Be warned - if it thinks you should be using (say) the M1 and you know there are traffic jams there and use roads to avoid it, this gadget will persist in trying to take you on to the M1 until you have gone sufficiently your own way that it judges the M1 no longer to be the quickest route. I have learnt to loathe the dreaded "Take a U-turn when possible" instruction! I would certainly make sure that my next sat-nav has an alternative route facility.

That said, this gadget works and I won't go anywhere unfamiliar without it. You will be amazed to find that even for short trips you think you know inside-out, it can show you a route that can save you 5 minutes or so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 1 Oct 2006
Old Brian (Northampton England) - See all my reviews
I consider this Navman outstanding. Unpack, stick to the windscreen, plug in and it works. Don't expect to get a signal from inside the garage or parked next to the house wall. It has to see the satellite. Remember to 'click' it into place on the windscreen cradle or it will fall off. Mine did 3 times before I realise my mistake. Very robust, falling off did no damage whatsoever. Take a wrong turn and it automatically re routes you excellently. I have had mine a month. I bought it on recommendation from a lady rep who was fed up with others failing. She could not praise it higher. Neither can I.