5.0 out of 5 stars So so funny!!, 15 Feb 2007
SJ SMART "Smartie" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinky & The Brain 1 [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
Speilberg's Pinky and the Brain is the funniest cartoon I have seen in a very long time.

I was lucky enough to have a similar copy of their adventures on VHS back in the 1990's but sadly that is long lost and I am looking forward to the time they do this on a Region 2 DVD or I get a multi-region DVD then I will rush out and buy it.

Pinky and the Brian live in a science lab where they are used in experiments (although this is not really shown.) Pinky is not very bright but the Brian has been effected by the experiments he was subjected too and is incredibly intelligent! The stories are similar in that they each show a crazy/funny plot by the Orson Welles like Brain attempts to take over the World! Indeed this is how each episode starts, as night falls, they escape their cages, Pinky turns to the Brain and asks "What are we going to do tonight?" The Brian replies; "The same thing we do every night, plan to take over the World!"

Plans have included time travel, lawsuits, going to the Titantic and in to space. But sadly they are never successful!

Very very funny, please make it on Region 2 asap!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame they don't make these anymore... Narf !, 23 Feb 2010
Jan J. Mikula "mikulaj" (Tanworth in Arden, Warwickshire, GB) - See all my reviews
These cartoons were essential Saturday morning viewing when my kids were very small, some fifteen or more years ago; they were just about the only things that an adult would have found funny all morning and I used to hate the TV schedulers and presenters for interrupting "Pinky and The Brain" with patter, adverts and other rubbish!
So, it's great to find these on DVD [albeit only on an imported Region 1 edition from the US] - no interruptions, just hilarious cartoons with manic story lines and fantastic voice performances.
By and large they're almost as side-splittingly funny as they were way back then - only the very slight, inevitable, dating [remember these had quite a few contemporary political/showbiz jokes aimed definitley at an adult audience] prevents a full 5-star rating in 2010.
My boys are now 17 and 20, and both have been in stitches watching this DVD, not that they can remember any of the stories from the original TV broadcasts - fun for all. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Region 2 - advice, 23 Nov 2010
I have rated this DVD collection 5 stars but have not yet received my copy, however, I'm basing this on Vols 2 and 3 which I do have and can recommend. Read on:

Region 2

My purpose in posting a review is to draw attention of anyone interested in buying a Region 2 version to my reviews of Pinky vols 2 and 3; Animaniacs Vols 1, 2 and 3; Droopy; Woody Woodpecker Classic Collection - ALL OF THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REGION 1 only and come from the States. But all of these play on my Region 2 DVD players without problem and this has been confirmed by 2 others.

So if you love these whacky, witty, fast paced classic cartoons for TV or cinema and have a Region 2 only player, you can take a punt at these. Buy a cheap one at first if you want to test this advice as I'll not guarantee it, only because I don't know your player. But I think the risk is very small.

4.0 out of 5 stars okay quality, 24 July 2013
At first look this product was of great quality, but after opening the packet i saw a rift, covered by a sticker, like someone had had a knife through it. The disks were unharmed, but it still looked bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO ICE CREAMZ, 10 Sep 2014
J. Bruford (uk) - See all my reviews
IT'S THE BEST THING EVER I WISH IT CAME WITH ICE CREAM THOUGH

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars The Brilliant dvd, 15 Jun 2009
E. Walker (England) - See all my reviews
Region 2 only so multi region players only i'm afraid.
Very funny and very clever, the maze and the time travell episodes are two of the best. I can finally throw away my vhs tapes and enjoy them all over again.

Pinky & The Brain 1 [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]