4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return to childhood and tranquillity
I must have been seven, and my brother five, when CAMBERWICK GREEN was first screened. We watched every episode, and the repeats, never really outgrowing them.
Thirty-six years on, how does they look? The first thing that struck me was how poor the quality of the DVD transfer is. There are many, many scratches on the film, and the picture is very shaky -- as if...
Published on 29 Mar 2002 by Gavin Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Still captures a toddler's interest
Given to us as a present, this video dates back to 1966 and the picture quality is quite poor.
Nevertheless the stories set in old England are at a (slow) speed which toddlers can take in and there are lots of gentle songs which get them joining in swaying on their seat or up off it on the floor. The number of (vintage) vehicles - trains, barges, cranes, ice cream...
Published on 30 Oct 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Purchase, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
My husband and I loved watching Camberwick Green with our girls (in the 1980s): catchy music, good stories for little ones to learn from and a quiet approach which held their interest. Today's children's TV is full of flashing images and sounds, as if no one has an attention span longer than 5 seconds. Camberwick Green helped our girls learn to listen to a story. We wanted our granddaughter to have the same experience (and so did our daughter!) so we were delighted to see this available. Our granddaughter is too young yet but my husband and I couldn't resist watching the first episode...surprise, surprise, we still knew all the words to the songs!

I highly recommend this product to all parents and grandparents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treat for young and old, 12 Jan 2003
By A Customer
I bought 'A Ride to Chigley' as a stocking filler for my 2 1/2 year old son, and it soon turned out to be his favourite Christmas present (even better than the train set!). I've enjoyed watching the video as much him; the stories stand the test of time well. The picture quality is poor - but I don't think my son notices that at all. All he sees are the beautiful old van, steam-engines, boats, windmill and bygone English settings. The short stories are just right for his concentration span and they have fired off his imagination - he loves to reinactment them and even sings the catchy songs around the house with me.
I'm now off to buy some more from the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camberwick Green! Oh Yes!, 13 Mar 2010
Dale A. Haines "master_ice" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
If you are of an age then Camberwick green (along with Trumpton and Chigley) will fill you with nostalgia for happier, less fraught and easier days.
Although I was a teenager when these were shown, they fairly soon became cult viewing for my school friends and I and have stayed in our memories ever since.
Certainly low-tech in comparison to modern children's animations but, to my mind way and above them in watchability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camberwick Green, 8 April 2014
Mr. Beaumont - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
As a 90's child I missed out on all these amazing Stop motion shows in the 60's and 70's, but luckily I'm able to enjoy these shows on DVD. I never expected them to look "amazing HD" and all that. But for me, I really do enjoy the look and feel of the old shows.

Episode 1 – Peter the Postman, 3 January 1966
Episode 12 – Mickey Murphy, the Baker, 21 March 1966
Episode 13 – Mrs Honeyman and Her Baby, 28 March 1966

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's TV, 16 Jan 2014
K. Slater (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
A classic series much enjoyed by parents and grandparents, who I think get very nostalgic about Camberwick Green and Trumpton when they watch them again. They were lovey innocent stories from a TV age which seems to have had its day now. I wanted my grandchildren to see them and enjoy them too and I hope they did. However they didn't ask to watch them again, which makes me think that their preferences have been moulded by quite a different style of TV entertainment these days. What a pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'quiet time', 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful stories and music. Lovely characters in a village that children will just love. Very stimulating and soothing at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
A super blast from the past - worked for our children, now works for our grandchildren - as expected. Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Camberwick Green, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I used to watch this with my son and I thought it would be good for him to watch it with his baby daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camberwick Green, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Received in Excellent condition and just what was required to keep the grown ups (Kids in us) entertained an excellent film with good entertainment all around

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Camberwick Green: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
In case the video player gives up the ghost we can't risk not having Camberwick Green. It gives you the feeling that all's right with the world. A little oasis of calm for our grandson when so much on TV is hectic and shouty.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›